TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Hersheypark June 6th. 2010

My friend Alex and I had a wonderful time at our annual summer trip to Hersheypark! No more than 15 min waits to walk-ons all day - did plenty of re-rides off and one throughout the day. Here are some of the many pics from the day (click on the thumbnails to view):

We were greeted by Mr. Reese's first thing in the morning!

Another season awaits us. Little did we know how light the crowds were going to be today.

And I mean light....

The new Lemon Drop food/drink stand.

They began the day running one Great Bear train and the line began to back up into the set of switchbacks before the station, alongside the transfers. While we were waiting, we witnessed them take the second train out of storage and transfer it to the main track. This really killed the line once they had two trains running.

Some Kissing Tower pics. Note how empty the parking lot is in the last pic.

More pics on the way in a moment!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just Wing It" is now a tan color.

Trailblazer was running two trains pretty much all day....something you don't see happn that often.

Storm Runner was running really well all day. I thought that this was probably my most intense experience out of all the rides I've done on this coaster.

Fahrenheit was my first ride of the day, as always. It was a walk-on basically a one or two-cycle wait for the front seat. I think the crowds for it were pretty light throughout the day as well.

Some Boardwalk pics coming in a few min!

I enjoy snapping pics of people with the water cannons.

Looking out at most of the Boardwalk.

I thought the final helix on Wildcat seemed more intense than usual. It's still the roughest out of Hershey's three woodies, but indeed is better with the Millennium Flyers.

I don't know if it was just me or not, but I thought it seemed like "Lightning" was winning every race. They also had the four center rows closed off again. The ride op did state that it was because they weren't busy and didn't want to have to go through the hassle of checking whole trains with hardly anyone there.

We did manage to get a ride on the Whip this time. There were only a few people on during our cycle and noone waiting after our ride. Thus a photo op of an empty ride.

One of my favorite Pirate shots.

Several more pics are on the way in a few min....

Kit-Kat, Milk Duds, Peppermint Pattie and the Turkey Hill mascot were on hand for the Character Dance Party that plays on weekends by Shakey's Patio.

Skyview with its new logos on the gondolas. The station also received a new paintjob as well.

Unlike Springtime in the Park this year, Comet was a walk-on for most of the day. I only waited about one train cycle twice for the front seat.

We saw Mr. Hershey Bar out and about in Founder's Circle.

And I conclude this update with the M.S. Hershey Senior Hall in the sunset.

Overall, it was a fantastic day! I hope you enjoy the pics from our 2010 summer trip! We'll be back this October for Hersheypark in the Dark.

Survey marker pics will be posted shortly.

By Great Bear's immelmann

Near Wave Swinger's entance.

Almost between the games stand and Wave Swinger.

A close-up for observation.

While walking throught Tilt-A-Whirl's queue, I did spot one or two more markings down by the Paddleboat dock, and while also riding the Comet, they are completed lined up straight along the back service path from Comet's third turn-a-round (a member at Keystone Thrills provided a photo with some of these). Between his pic and these, maybe they will help with the scoop of what's going on.

From the inside scoop from one of the members over at Keystone Thrills who is in the know from someone who works at the park, these markings are indeed for a coaster and he did mention that it isn't a small project either. Let's keep our fingers crossed in hopes for a huge 2011 project to be announced!