TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Majestic Lake [RCT2]

First off, I find this funny.

SCR15.BMP

Those are brave souls there taking on a typical SLC

Attendence has been splendid. We're hovering over 7,000 a day in the summer. I guess the local adds are bringing in people. But to keep all these people to stay here longer, Mangement has begin to build a few hotels on the park's permiter. I'll get more pictures when they go vertical more.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it is 2010, Six Flags is out of bankruptcy, so an expansion of land may be in their budget, so maybe get a vekoma flying dutchman, like batwing, and install it, and name it for another superhero, maybe Green Lantern

You never know, it could border the highway and you can't get too close to that.

Plus, it's hard to expand land on rct2

I'm all in for a big Intamin, considering this park does not have a hyper coaster, besides the woodie, Viper. It makes me wonder what is going to happen to it, considering at this time, Another Dinn, Texas Giant, is getting a revamp. Although viper is a good hyper alone, A wooden coaster, (especially the age this one at the age it is in) is a financial head spin. Upkeep is showing up, and ridership isn't at constant numbers to keep it a classic in the skyline.

I would be disappointed if the Woodie does not make it for next season, considering I adore the current skyline, But I only speak on behalf for management, and Rumors are all over the place.

And the question about expanding:

The only room to expand would be out in the parking lot, but management is not interested in rerouting parking at this time. So if anything is to be added right now, Something has to go.

I'll make sure to get some rides on viper more often, because I'm not ready to say good bye to my favorite Woodie.

Possibly the last shot of Viper here.

SCR18.BMP

I'm all in for a big Intamin, considering this park does not have a hyper coaster, besides the woodie, Viper. It makes me wonder what is going to happen to it, considering at this time, Another Dinn, Texas Giant, is getting a revamp. Although viper is a good hyper alone, A wooden coaster, (especially the age this one at the age it is in) is a financial head spin. Upkeep is showing up, and ridership isn't at constant numbers to keep it a classic in the skyline.

I would be disappointed if the Woodie does not make it for next season, considering I adore the current skyline, But I only speak on behalf for management, and Rumors are all over the place.

And the question about expanding:

The only room to expand would be out in the parking lot, but management is not interested in rerouting parking at this time. So if anything is to be added right now, Something has to go.

I'll make sure to get some rides on viper more often, because I'm not ready to say good bye to my favorite Woodie.

Possibly the last shot of Viper here.

[attachment=0]SCR18.BMP[/attachment]

I'm sure Viper would be getting extremely rough at it's age, too.

It seems like one of those rides where you ride it once, then you're done. But it Viper goes, would an Intamin Hyper fit in there?

GrabowskiEnterprises: Building in the parking lot won't do much.

SCR21.BMP

Magic Mountian put Scream! all the way in the back of the lot, and where any coaster plan would be in this park has no chance of being built on the parking lot. With how the cars come in, the closet area of expansion in the lot would be not pleasing to the eye, and here at Majestic lake, management still puts in the dignity and respect that was found in this park prior to the sale in 1994.

And Braztaz, I'm no coaster designer, but even if a new Intamin idea took the place of Viper, The park could keep an almost identical track layout, or even at that, it could incorporate the current hill side that is abudant in this park.

Edit: I see you two areat this together In my mind, Flash would do, or even both, but we'll see if this rumor is true.

I only know B&M's, not Intamins, but I know there's always at least one or two airtime hills before the turnaround, or a turn.

What about something along the lines of Intimidator at Carowinds?? That goes right into the turn on the next hill.

SCR17.BMP

So the rumors I think are true then. It's looking as though Viper is going to be dismantled after 14 years of service. I'm not the biggest fan of this loss because of what it acomplished.

At a press confrence I got acsess in, this was said:

We are sadden by this as much as you must be, but Viper was showing it's age, and it is getting too expensive to keep Viper running at this time. We have tried our best to keep such a monumental coaster operational, but we can't afford the net loss this coaster is bringing. Rest assure though, with viper soon to leave, we have been discussing on building a newer coaster to continue it's legacy. Although the skyline will now be altered, it may soon be eclipsed.

I'm eager to say now I want to see what they can cook up for next season.

Construction Update #1

SCR23.BMP

Dismantling of Viper is going smoothly. A little auction is also being taken for the 3 trians that ran on this giant. Proceedes will go to the Boys and Girls Club of America.

It looks so bare without the woodie there.

SCR24.BMP

But at least the new track is now coming in!

SCR22.BMP

I'll post more as this new coaster goes vertical!

Construction Update #2

The name has now been annouced for the coaster as it has now gone vertical. Flash: the ride. ( ) will take people on a 90 mph jouney thorugh over 7,000 feet of track! Almost 800 feet longer than Viper. It also is the tallest sturcture in the park as it stands 230 feet in the air. But the drop is much larger is it takes riders thourgh an underground tunnel. One of few as well.

The first turn of the ride.

SCR24.BMP

The turnaround.

SCR23.BMP

SCR25.BMP

As you can see, the drive up to the parking lot has been rerouted to make room for this coaster. Also, there is now room to either expand on thomas town, or put in a much need Looney Toons area in the back to acomadate more for the children.

The park is due to open in a few more months, so I'll be eager to see what is next for this park.