TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Majestic Lake [RCT2]

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't kill it There's way too much potential in this park. Try adding other rides, increase theming, blah blah blah. Check out how some other people fill their parks up, either here or at NE. I think this has a lot of potential, and you just built too many roller coasters at once.

If I may make a suggestion, the park seems kinda "boxy". This is an issue I am tackling myself, so I understand how hard it is to get around it. Just to cite an example, the screenshot of the overall view of Riddler's Mindbender. The plots of bushes and trees breaking up the pathway are all identical in size and content. If you mix it up a bit, change them around somewhat, changing some features, then it stands out more. Again, I'm working on this issue myself. Overall though it looks way cool.

Only a year into Riddler's Mindbender operation, the ride has been plagued with many problems, so management has decided to take it out.

Demolition has already began.

SCR3.BMP

Also, some coasters will be relocated and others will be physically moved to avoid the "blockyness" that is currently seen in the park. Although not a big issue, The park's main reason for doing this is the lack of theming. (But hey, Six Flags is know to mix mash themes ) And to make matters worse, This all is taking place in the year 2006, and Premier Parks Filed for chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The future is unknown for this park. With it's poor layout, and lack of attendance now, Is it worth operating this park still?

You all have the chance to see a sneek peek at the propose "new land," Fiesta Village. Fiesta Village will now connect the existing rides of Goliath, Demon, And Joker's Revenge into one coexisting land. Possible new attractions include a log flume and several flats. As seen on the map, Joker's Revenge well be relocated more South eastern than where it curenntly lies. Also, The rectangles are suggested areas for new buildings to make it look more like a village. After this Summer's Season, the park will be closed for MAJOR refurbishments.

Here is the current plan:

SCR4.jpg.cb65d4d3c3617bde43175facb70b04ed.jpg

This park is pretty cool, but I would definitely suggest a pair (or triplet) of drop towers with a generic name (If you really want a six flags feel) and a few water rides. Shoot-the-shoots rides are good at eating up space and moving people along with soaking them.

Construction of the new area is going well. Joker's revenge got a new color scheme before it got moved.

PreElcondormove.BMP

And the long awaited village made a rapid entrance into the park:

Fiesta Swingers.

FiestaSwings.BMP

Some overviews:

FiestaVillage1.BMP

FiestaVillage2.BMP

FiestaVillage4.BMP

Overview1.BMP

Overview2.BMP

Splash Down is the new water ride added to the park.

Splashdown.BMP

And Joker's Revenge now has become El Condor.

ElCondorfinal.BMP

And here is another ride I have yet to show; Superman: The Ultimate Flight.

Supermanpreveiw.BMP

SupermanOverview.BMP

Agian, comments, opinions, advice, etc. are always welcome!

Six Flags Majestic lake is proud to unveil it's new area, Thomas Town. After the....mild success of this area in other Chained parks, management here would of course revamp it and make it slightly better than it's counterparts. The area showcases 3 attractions; Thomas the Tank Engine, Percy's Manic Ride, and Harold's Flight. Also, MOre flat rides have been added to Fiesta village to provide more leisure in that area.

Here is Thomas town:

Thomas Town.BMP

Batman also got some love and has been repainted a new color. I think it fits nicely.

Batman repaint.BMP

And here is another overview of the park:

SCR1.BMP

Rumor has it though that one coaster may be torn down for good, so I'll keep you updated on that rumor, whether it is true or not.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome as well!

One thing maybe you could consider is having a pond or lake to have under the splash boat so it looks a bit more realistic. Also the Thomas the Tank Engine ride station looks just a bit blocky and boring, maybe fix it up?

Otherwise this park is awesome, I really enjoy the feel of it!

The park's going along nicely, but may I suggest dropping the storyline for now? You could start it up later- just it's very unrealistic to have all those major rides demolished and moved, and in such a quick time. Just a thought.

Thanks braztaz! I just have Too much time on my hands right now, so things are just quick for me I guess for updating, and I already lost the story line bit, but I still like refereing major updates accordinly as well.

After looking thourgh my park as well, I feel as though Demon might be getting a revamped ride soon.

In fact, I was lucky to get this construction photo:

SCR8.BMP

Demon was taken out due to a rough ride (and the fact I still don't know how to merge,) so to replace it will be yet another Arrow (and please just ignore the B&M Track....I wanted a working rollercoaster with Arrow trains on the track) Behold, Demon's Fury, a one of a kind. This ride will flip it's riders 5 times, and it holds some unique elements for an S&S Arrow coaster.

SCR9 (2).BMP

Overview:

SCR9.BMP

Going up the lift:

SCR10.BMP

What is supposed to be a warp around corkscrew:

SCR11.BMP

An Arrow Batwing:

SCR12.BMP

Another overview:

SCR13.BMP

New for the 2010 season.

^The only problem I have with you using Arrow trains on B&M track is that the trains won't be connected to the overbanked turns that you have built. I would suggest changing them to straight track so the train is actually connected to the track. Looks very nice BTW.

If you still want, I would be happy to merge the loop on for you, as I have done the same thing in "Chesterfield Amusement Park" (Just do a search for it) when I merged a large loop on to a woodie.

NOTE: There is a link in the RCT2 Help Thread to a website that tells you exactly how to merge a coaster. I think it's on page 4 or somewhere early on.

^

It bugs the crap out of me as well, and I already knew the Corkscrew trains would not do well with the banked turns; I just did it for show, really. I know what link you're talking about, but when I follow that word for word, my trainer just gives up on me and just corrupts my file, so I just gave up to begin with. And thank you Stoksy for the offer as well, but for now I'm starting a new park. Making a Six Flags Park in itself already lacks a true theme, so I want to start a park that has heavily themed roller coasters.

Two things I have to say here.

1: This park is not dead; however, What I am doing is "touching" up what I already have here and. . .

2: Due to low ridership on Goldrusher, It may be possible that it will be taken out.

Just wanted to say I also fixed Batman's ending finally

SCR9.BMP

and, Finally some "Better" supports

SCR10.BMP

^

Thanks CoasterCreator9! This is the first time I'm taking the game seriously, so I am somewhat proud of this as well.

However, since school is keeping me busy agian, and I have more chores and what not around the house, progress will be slow. As of right now the current park is at about 85 percent done. Bizzaro needs custom supports, and so does Demon's Fury towards the end. I'm adding a few more buildings inside the park, and lastly, I'm going to make some hotels off the side of the street. This will be a daunting task, but I'm eager to see what I can envison.

^

Thanks CoasterCreator9! This is the first time I'm taking the game seriously, so I am somewhat proud of this as well.

However, since school is keeping me busy agian, and I have more chores and what not around the house, progress will be slow. As of right now the current park is at about 85 percent done. Bizzaro needs custom supports, and so does Demon's Fury towards the end. I'm adding a few more buildings inside the park, and lastly, I'm going to make some hotels off the side of the street. This will be a daunting task, but I'm eager to see what I can envison.

Hotels are time consuming indeed. A helpful thing to remember is the Ctrl-Click method of building walls/roofs, etc.