TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Majestic Lake [RCT2]

Greensboro, North Carolina

Majestic Lake First started off by a local Farmer who turned his lake side ranch into a mini destination off the local interstate. By 1980 his park grew to have a few attractions, most notably Lake Side Rattler, a Dinn Corporation creation. Later Included a "mini" Haunted Mansion type ride found at three Disney Parks at the time, an Arrow Mine Train ride, Gold Rusher and a Rapid ride that was added in 1989. Later Built was the Shuttle loop Lightin' in the early 1990 season.

1131097677_heyguys.jpg.b272b0968b39e6f4fa8d353372d9bb65.jpg

But hard times would soon hit, and by 1992, the park was put up for sale. Would the next developer keep the charm, or will it be scarped? Find out coming soon!

Edited by djbrcace1234

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I really like this! My only suggestion is adding a bit more diverse foliage around the pines, but you really hit the buildings and terrain on the nose. Even the wide open spaces don't bug me, they seem to fit here. Almost Knott's-esque.

I'm looking forward to this project.

^^

Thanks for the advice! I only put them there because it's hiding the exit for Phantom manor currently. I'm thinking about just making another shack or something because you're right...it does distract.

^

Thank you! Still, I don't know if it still really fits, but thank you!

Also, expect an update by tonight!

^I think you have too much support for the Schwarzkopf, unless you're in California... Actually my one bit of criticism is the colour of the footpaths...it's nice, it accessorizes with the the Dinn and the Schwarzy, but that's about it...it seems dark...perhaps it's just me.

I hope there's no hard feelings, and I am excited to see what else you're going to do.

^I think you have too much support for the Schwarzkopf, unless you're in California... Actually my one bit of criticism is the colour of the footpaths...it's nice, it accessorizes with the the Dinn and the Schwarzy, but that's about it...it seems dark...perhaps it's just me.

I hope there's no hard feelings, and I am excited to see what else you're going to do.

Be is hard as you want to be, I rather work on my flaws then be prasied for something that can be improved.

It's appreciated nevertheless.

EDIT: Also, I'm bad with custom supports

Actually, if you fiddle with the B&M supports, you might find something closer to it...

I haven't contributed anything to the site(progress wise), so i tend to not say much, I'm weird like that. Plus I don't want to offend anyone...again

I know what you mean, and so far I still don't do well with custom supports!

But everyone still needs to be critqued because if no one gives advice how can true progress be made? Anyways, I'll update this sometime this night.

Edited by djbrcace1234

Actually, if you fiddle with the B&M supports, you might find something closer to it...

I haven't contributed anything to the site(progress wise), so i tend to not say much, I'm weird like that. Plus I don't want to offend anyone...again

I know what you mean, and so far I still don't do well with custom supports!

But everyone still needs to be critqued because if no one gives advice how can true progress be made? Anyways, I'll update this sometime this night. I like small boys in tights.

Actually, you don't need the B&M supports, just use what the game has, if you feel better doing that.

^^

The Haunted house itself is actually a dummy attraction; it's for show. The main attraction is built underground....Simply a cheesy little dark ride

Anyways, I thought it would be nice to update this park, so lets begin.

After finding no true sales offers, Majestic lake's next season looked grim. Cedar Fair put in an offer, but it was lower then the original price, so there goes my personal favorite choice to continue such charm, but after nothing, the Park was sold off to Premier parks, most notably know as the Six flags chain in early 1994. Hopefully this won't change the overall experience the park has right now.

Batman: The Ride debut after some land was also bought to enlarge the park to now 100 acres, and this ride also led to the newest area of the park; Gotham Backlot.

SCR34.BMP

And here are two overview shots.

SCR33.BMP

SCR32.BMP

I know the supports look like crap, but this is the first time I'm using custom supports. And I know that the loop has no supports right now; I'm working on it as we speak.

Another update:

Viper, a "hyper" out and back wooden roller coaster opened early in the 1997 season. Coaster building wise is short term in this park, but rumors are there will be new editions on a large scale soon.

The drop

SCR35.BMP

Overview

SCR36.BMP

New stage was added

SCR32 (2).BMP

I forgot to post this with the original screens, but this is the theater in the park.

SCR33 (2).BMP

More updates to come! Also, Comments/ criticism are welcome as well!

I know this is weird for a "timeline" park, but I rather show this ride off first.

After the Sucsess of Xcelerator at Knott's, Majestic lake mangement knew they needed something BIG to lure in to more than just the locals, so With intamin on borad, Riddler's Mindbender took shape. Turning you upside down 3 times at speeds at over 90 miles per hour, RMB will shake riders to submission. New for the 2003-2004 Season.

Station look.

SCR35.jpg.798f1f169fc8cb7955a3e029ed56a09c.jpg

And here we have two overveiws.

SCR35.jpg.798f1f169fc8cb7955a3e029ed56a09c.jpg

SCR36.jpg.d0f9637e82a3daac120e5873bdbe4aa5.jpg

More to come soon!

545223392_SCR32(2).jpg.fe828ccc3bac66184689d41e12d5afe0.jpg

^Thank you!

Since the major construction is finally done ( and I didn't want to please peeps yet), Guest are now in the park, and with that I have some more pictures to show.

Here is Goliath, a BM diver.

Goliathoverview.BMP

Demon!

Demon.BMP

Nice Terrian coaster I must say

DemonOverview.BMP

And an overview of the Progress.

Overview.BMP