TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Orlando Florida

Hi Everyone,

I might be going to Universal Studios Orlando Florida over the summer with my grandparents. If we do go, it will either be in the months of June or July. I have a lot of questions that I would like answered, so I know before I go. There are a lot of questions so I am sorry if this message is long.

Here Are All Of My Questions :

1. My grandpa is 80 years old and has arthritis, this gives him intense back pains, and he has a lot of pain when he walks. Do both Universal Parks, both Universal Florida, and Islands Of Adventure Park give out wheelchairs?

2. Many of the rides (Like Coasters) for example, my grandparents will not be riding. Are there shaded areas near some of the major rides where they can wait comfortably in shade?

3. How long are the wait times for major rides in the months of June and July? My main concerns are (Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge Of The Mummy, Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park, and Dudly Do Right? How long are waits for all of those rides in the months of June and July?

4. How long does it take to complete each park? Do I need a full day for each park?

5. Are the parks good?

6. Is the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, and Mummy all very smooth coasters? Are any rides rough, or hurt?

7. Is there a fast pass type thing for both parks? How do they work, and how much money are they each to cut the lines?

8. How long will it take to go on all major thill rides at each park? 1 day? 2 Days? How long will it take?

If you have any other tips on how to make my trip enjoyable, please tell me.

Remember, my grandparents are like both 80 or so.

Please give me some advice

It would mean so much to me

I need this information

Please help me out

Edited by Erik Johnson

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes both parks do have wheelchairs that you can rent out on a daily basis. $12 a day with a $50 deposit. You can rent in either park, use it in both parks and return it at either park.

2. There are plenty of areas where your grandparents can relax while you are on the major rides. Whether it be a store or a restaurant for A/C or shade, they will be able to find it.

3. As far as wait times, you are going during our peak season so expect 45min+ for Rockitt, 30-45+ for Mummy, 45+ Hulk, 45-60+ for Jurassic Park, 60+ for Ripsaw Falls. So basically 30min or more for the coasters and an hour or more for the water rides. Keep in mind Dueling Dragons has now been rethemed as part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. With the crowds expected this summer, expect to wait significantly long waits for Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff and possibly a few hour wait for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

4. You will need AT LEAST a full day for each park. If you do not have Express, it may take you longer.

5. The parks are wonderful. Keep in mind that you are coming during the summer so the crowds will have a lot to do with whether or not you have a fun time. If you are patient and just enjoy USF and IOA in all its glory then you will have fun. USF will have a Summer Concert Series every Sat night from June 12 - July 17th so you get a free concert with your ticket. Of course IOA has WWoHP.

6. From my experiences last week when I hit all up these coasters, the one that threw me for a loop the most was Rockit. Yes I can confirm that one or two of the trains are rougher then the others for some reason. Keep in mind that Hulk and Mummy have launch elements to them which may catch you off guard.

7. There is Universal Express. You can purchase for either one park or both PER DAY. The way it works is this: you purchase the Express pass and head to which ever attraction you want that paricipates in Express. You show your pass to the greeter and you will be guided into a seperate lane. The idea is to hve 15-20 minute wait times. Of course in the summer at the water rides you may wait longer. You get one visit per attraction with the Express Pass. The cost varies from $20 and up depending on time of year and day. For the summer expect to pay nearly $60 in addition to admission for a one day express pass to both parks. The Express Pass does not currently work at any WWoHP rides or the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

Now if you get to stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, or Royal Pacific Resort (the three onsite properties) your room key is good for unlimited express.

8. It is very difficult to determine an exact time because everyones definition of major rides is different. If you only do the major rides and have express, you MAY get it all done in one day. That is the best case scenario. But as mentioned in a previous section, plan on taking two days to see what you want.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to DM or just post them here!

Hi Everyone,

I might be going to Universal Studios Orlando Florida over the summer with my grandparents. If we do go, it will either be in the months of June or July. I have a lot of questions that I would like answered, so I know before I go. There are a lot of questions so I am sorry if this message is long.

1. My grandpa is 80 years old and has arthritis, this gives him intense back pains, and he has a lot of pain when he walks. Do both Universal Parks, both Universal Florida, and Islands Of Adventure Park give out wheelchairs?

2. Many of the rides (Like Coasters) for example, my grandparents will not be riding. Are there shaded areas near some of the major rides where they can wait comfortably in shade?

3. How long are the wait times for major rides in the months of June and July? My main concerns are (Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Revenge Of The Mummy, Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Jurassic Park, and Dudly Do Right? How long are waits for all of those rides in the months of June and July?

4. How long does it take to complete each park? Do I need a full day for each park?

5. Are the parks good?

6. Is the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, and Mummy all very smooth coasters? Are any rides rough, or hurt?

7. Is there a fast pass type thing for both parks? How do they work, and how much money are they each to cut the lines?

8. How long will it take to go on all major thill rides at each park? 1 day? 2 Days? How long will it take?

I need this information

Please help me out

1. Yes both parks do have wheelchairs that you can rent out on a daily basis. $12 a day with a $50 deposit. You can rent in either park, use it in both parks and return it at either park.

2. There are plenty of areas where your grandparents can relax while you are on the major rides. Whether it be a store or a restaurant for A/C or shade, they will be able to find it.

3. As far as wait times, you are going during our peak season so expect 45min+ for Rockitt, 30-45+ for Mummy, 45+ Hulk, 45-60+ for Jurassic Park, 60+ for Ripsaw Falls. So basically 30min or more for the coasters and an hour or more for the water rides. Keep in mind Dueling Dragons has now been rethemed as part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. With the crowds expected this summer, expect to wait significantly long waits for Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff and possibly a few hour wait for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

4. You will need AT LEAST a full day for each park. If you do not have Express, it may take you longer.

5. The parks are wonderful. Keep in mind that you are coming during the summer so the crowds will have a lot to do with whether or not you have a fun time. If you are patient and just enjoy USF and IOA in all its glory then you will have fun. USF will have a Summer Concert Series every Sat night from June 12 - July 17th so you get a free concert with your ticket. Of course IOA has WWoHP.

6. From my experiences last week when I hit all up these coasters, the one that threw me for a loop the most was Rockit. Yes I can confirm that one or two of the trains are rougher then the others for some reason. Keep in mind that Hulk and Mummy have launch elements to them which may catch you off guard.

7. There is Universal Express. You can purchase for either one park or both PER DAY. The way it works is this: you purchase the Express pass and head to which ever attraction you want that paricipates in Express. You show your pass to the greeter and you will be guided into a seperate lane. The idea is to hve 15-20 minute wait times. Of course in the summer at the water rides you may wait longer. You get one visit per attraction with the Express Pass. The cost varies from $20 and up depending on time of year and day. For the summer expect to pay nearly $60 in addition to admission for a one day express pass to both parks. The Express Pass does not currently work at any WWoHP rides or the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit

Now if you get to stay at the Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, or Royal Pacific Resort (the three onsite properties) your room key is good for unlimited express.

8. It is very difficult to determine an exact time because everyones definition of major rides is different. If you only do the major rides and have express, you MAY get it all done in one day. That is the best case scenario. But as mentioned in a previous section, plan on taking two days to see what you want.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to DM or just post them here!

Hi Everyone,

5. Are the parks good?

I need this information

Please help me out

Actually, I am not that interested in the Harry Potter Section because I am not a Harry Potter fan. I will just go ride both sides of Dragons Challenge and thats in for that section.

Is Dragons Challenge rough?

You said that Rockit may be a little rough, it's not that rought that it hurts right?

I am going to call the park to maybe plan my trip in advance.

How far are you away from Sea World Orlando Florida. I am not going to Disney because their rides are a bit to small for me

Rockit is not rough as in Manhatten Express rough (at NYNY in Las Vegas) just the one time it just had more effect on me then usual

Dragons Challenge is not rough at all. Alpengeist at BG Williamsburg was one of the roughest inverted that I had been on in some time.

Universal Orlando is only about 10-15 minute drive away from Sea World

I've never seen a wait near 2 hours in my past visits to the parks for any ride (most was maybe 1 hour to an hour and a half). Universal and Sea World are pretty close to one another only about 6 miles away, or a 10-20 minute drive.

Something that might help is checking out google maps before your trip, thanks to street view you can take a virtual walk through Universal Studios.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Universal+Studios+Florida,+Orlando,+FL&sll=28.441978,-81.465683&sspn=0.089358,0.181789&ie=UTF8&hq=Universal+Studios+Florida&hnear=Universal+Studios+Florida,+6000+Universal+Blvd,+Orlando,+FL+32819&ll=28.474624,-81.466144&spn=0,0.005681&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=28.474549,-81.466109&panoid=pEdKNemJ1pm1rOnEguNhTw&cbp=12,299.74,,0,3.85

HRRR has a small amount of vibration, but it is not painful. There are lap restraints, so there will not be any headbanging (unless you pick a song that warrants that kind of action).

Dueling Dragons (or Dragon Challenge, depending on which entrance is open) is a people eater, and even in its first season (1999) it never had much of a long line. They can run up to three trains on each side.

Many of the rides have single rider lines, and they can significantly reduce the wait time when they are open. Mummy, MIB, HRRR, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, and Incredible Hulk have single rider lines.

Most lines shouldn't be outrageous, probably not much more than hour in the worst rides. If you are riding by yourself, it's probably best to get the Express Pass just to avoid complete boredom in lines. Dueling Dragons rarely gets a signifigant line, Hulk's line can usually be avoided with Single Rider line. The water rides are kind of hit or miss based on when you get in line. ROTM has very high capacity, I waited through its entire queue (which is ridiculously long) and only waited 1 hour. ROTM has a singly rider line, but if it is out of the building, the regular queue will probably be quicker.

If you are just looking to get the major attractions, you should be able to do both parks in 1 day. If you want to enjoy the park experience and get on most of the rides, you probably want 2 days. If it were me, I would probably take 1 day and use Express Pass and Single Rider lines.

Hi,

I might be going to Universal Studios Orlando Florida sometime in June or July. I recently just made a topic about lines and how to enjoy the parks and plan you're time. Now I would like to learn more about the coasters.

I have heard many things about the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and that is is a lot more rought then the other coasters at the resort such as Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and Mummy.

What can I expect on the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, is it rough as in bangs you're head all over the place like GASM and Viper, or rough as in rattling and vibration like Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster. Is Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit a good coaster, please give me some advice.

Please give me some advice about Hulk and Dueling Dragons, are they smooth? Do Hulk or Dueling Dragons hurt at all or are they very smooth? Please tell me about Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Are Hulk and Dueling Dragons rough, and do Hulk and Dueling Dragons hurt, or are they extremely smooth? What would you say about smoothness and enjoyablity on those rides.

Please also give me advice about Kraken and Manta at Sea World as I might visit there too.

Thanks

Personally I find Hulk a little on the rough side, though I know many people would argue the point. The rest seem fine to me (and Manta is smooth as glass).

Is Manta a great coaster? What about Kraken? Is Manta good, how smooth and enjoyable is it? What about Kraken?

Does Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit throw you around or lot, it doen't hurt right, just rattles right? What about Dueling Dragons? Is Dueling Dragons very smooth? Is it as smooth as glass, like Manta? Does the hulk bang you're head around a lot?

Please Let Me Know

Thanks

Couldn't you just get all of this information from doing a little searching through this website? A little digging using the Search function goes a long way.

Anyway, I don't find Hulk "rough" at all. It has a little bit of B&M rattle in the back seats. It certainly won't beat you up.

I find most of the things that you are asking to be a matter of opinion. I suggest just riding the rides and enjoying them. Go to the parks and have a good time.

Couldn't you just get all of this information from doing a little searching through this website? A little digging using the Search function goes a long way.

Anyway, I don't find Hulk "rough" at all. It has a little bit of B&M rattle in the back seats. It certainly won't beat you up.

I find most of the things that you are asking to be a matter of opinion. I suggest just riding the rides and enjoying them. Go to the parks and have a good time.

What is B&M rattle????

What is B&M rattle????

It's kind of a mild case of the shaking felt on wooden coasters. Hulk is still very smooth, it just has a little bit of shaking smilar to that felt on a wooden coaster.

FYI, I went ahead and merged both your Universal threads into one.

For me, I find Hulk to have a little more rattle than an average B&M coaster, but it may be due to the overall intensity of the coaster as well as the launch. It really is not bad at all. Dueling Dragons is still really intense and smooth. Rockit is running much better these days when compared to when it first opened. There is some rattle or shakiness in it, but it's level of degree really depends on which coaster train you are riding in. Rockit is also pretty aggressive with its transitions so just make sure you do ride defensively.

I thought that Batman The Ride Coasters were too intense for me. The loop on Batman The Ride Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure was a very small and compact tiny loop that pulled a lot of possitive G Forces on me.

Does Dueling Dragons, at Universal Islands Of Adventure, have very small loops like Batman, or are they a bit bigger. I know that the loops on the Batman The Ride series are like 60 or 80 ft tall, I BLACKED OUT ON THE LOOPS ON BATMAN. Will I black out on the loops on Dueling Dragons, also, my feet hurt on Batman, will that happen on Dragons too.

P.S. I have ridden Alpengeist Coaster and Great Bear and I loved them both, they were no where near as intense as Batman. What about Dueling Dragons, how are they compare to Batman, especially on the loops, becuase I dont want to BLACK OUT on that too, BLACKED OUT ON BATMAN. So how are the loops on that.

Also, is Dueling Dragons a smooth coaster? Both sides? Also, is Dueling Dragons good, is it smooth? Both Sides? I hope it is. I might ride it this summer. I hate rough coasters, so hopefully these won't be rough.

Please Give Me Advise

Thank You So Much

FYI, I went ahead and merged both your Universal threads into one.

For me, I find Hulk to have a little more rattle than an average B&M coaster, but it may be due to the overall intensity of the coaster as well as the launch. It really is not bad at all. Dueling Dragons is still really intense and smooth. Rockit is running much better these days when compared to when it first opened. There is some rattle or shakiness in it, but it's level of degree really depends on which coaster train you are riding in. Rockit is also pretty aggressive with its transitions so just make sure you do ride defensively.

How smooth is Dueling Dragons? Both sides? Is Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at least fun? How smooth is it with transitions? Does it hurt on transitions?

Is both sides (Fire, and Ice, ) both smooth on Dueling Dragons? How smooth is each side, and how smooth is (Fire, and Ice, ), I want to know how smooth each side is, each individual coaster?,,.. Is Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at least fun, does it hurt at all, or is it still awesome and an very nice and very enjoyable ride, is it worth going on? The transitions don't hurt though right, I mean it does not hurt ,is it still very fun, very fun?,,..

Does the Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster hurt at all, or does it just rattle? What about Revenge Of The Mummy? What can I expect on Revenge of The Mummy? Kraken? Manta?

^^^First of all, no one can tell you exactly how smooth or rough a coaster is because each person has different degrees of what they can 'handle' when it comes to roughness.

None of the coasters at Universal Orlando are 'rough' in my opinion.. HRRR and Hulk can have shaky transitions, but are no where near the roughness of some wooden coasters and most Vekomas. Dragon's Challenge and Mummy are smooth.

Dragon's Challenge is intense... but not as intense at Batman: the Ride (and clones). If you're that worried about blacking out, then you might re-think riding (or any coaster labeled 'intense').

It honestly looks like you are simply way too worried about riding these coasters in that you keep asking the same questions over and over again. If you are that worried about them, it would be recommended that you do not ride them. Pretty much all of the B&M coasters in Florida have a reputation of being some of the most intense coasters that B&M has built. If you struggled with Batman, which is quite intense, I would suggest that you probably are not ready to ride these coasters.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Orlando, Florida about a week ago. When I went to Universal, I found that The Mummy ride was not as good as I remembered. The first thing I noticed as that, they have tvs at the top of the line where the station is. It shows riders a preview of what they will see in the ride. If you ask me, I think it spoils the element of surprise. Another thing I noticed as that they send the trains in the station too quickly after one another. What that does is spoil the scene before you get there, because you are not on a big enough gap between the train in front of you. Also, the mummie's mouth does not move when he pops out the coffin. Last but not least, the launch into the arena is not all that quick anymore. It seemed a bit laggy when I was there. A few other people that I spoke to while in the single rider lane, also agreed with me. This ride seems to be loosing it's element of surprise and spark, compared to when it first opened. Do you think Universal park management notices these things about The Mummy? Do you think they will fix it?

As for Hollywood Rip Rocket coaster, I was very impressed. The audio in each speaker does not drown all the other ones out. So each rider can hear his/her own music without any problem. Ride performance was very good and the line seemed to move quick. I like how the trains in the station keep moving along. This way it requires ride attendants to put a little snap in keeping the line moving. They have very good genre's of music on the ride.