TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Own Inversions!

I don't know if there's a topic for this, but I'll try my chances.

I'm sure people on TPR have a good idea on a brand-new inversion. I have one that I stumbled upon playing RCT, and I actually think it could work as a good, fun element. I'll post a picture later.

Do any of you have an inversion that you came up with? There's much more out there waiting to be discovered.

Looking forward to your ideas.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butterfly Dive

I like the idea of a large loop half ending with a smaller loop. Similar to weird design of Arrow loops.

The largest loop on the right is what I am talking about but instead of going into a turn it goes into another small half loop and come out of that with a large half loop.

Maybe if you could do 3/4 of a standard loop and then dive straight down from there.

Another thing I've thought of is starting with a dive loop, then having another, circular loop (see Thriller/Zonga) right next to it, you could also do this straight off of the lift hill with 1/2 of a heartline roll replacing the first half of the dive loop.

I would like to see a tunnel on most of the loop. Maybe enter the tunnel, dip, then start the loop. The tunnel ends at the top of the loop, so you go in level and come out inverted.

edit: something like this... it seems like it could be a surprise to find out that you are inverted when you exit the tunnel.

medusa_tunnel_inversion.jpg.d5034834c33a1895d5c8664b0a173000.jpg

Edited by tkkyj

I would like to see a tunnel on most of the loop. Maybe enter the tunnel, dip, then start the loop. The tunnel ends at the top of the loop, so you go in level and come out inverted.

edit: something like this... it seems like it could be a surprise to find out that you are inverted when you exit the tunnel.

Image the feeling when you go trough an immelman. First, you get high G's, and just as you realise you're upside-down, you get pulled into a twist.

^ I think more Immelmann's should be used. They are fun on Inverts and Dive coasters, but I'd like to see them on normal B&M floorless coasters, sit-downs, or maybe even flyers.

I think it would be neat if when a coaster changes direction, it goes under instead of above the track. Sort of like how Maverick's zero-G roll was, only draw it out a bit more so it doesn't cut your head off.

^ I think more Immelmann's should be used. They are fun on Inverts and Dive coasters, but I'd like to see them on normal B&M floorless coasters, sit-downs, or maybe even flyers.

There are a couple Floorless coasters that have one Dæmonen atTivoli Gardens then Superman / la Atracción de Acero at Parque Warner Madrid

If you want a unique loop that you can do in RCT- I used to do one the looked like a big "S":

It starts with half a heartline twist and then goes into a downward half loop- this is followed by another heartline twist and another downward half loop. Looked cool and gave good excitement ratings.

This is kind of an expansion on an existing inversion, but how about a linear tophat? The train goes up vertically, twists 180 degrees, goes over the top, twists another 180 degrees while going vertically down, then levels out. This would probably need to be the first inversion on any ride that had it due to its size but I think it could be quite popular and would provide a really nice place to enter the coaster.

Well did he mean the train stays on the outside of the track or inside? I'm looking at it as if the train does some sort of dive loop-like maneuver into the loop, so the train is still on the inside.