TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Batman The Ride (Black Outs On BOTH Loops)(Legs Hurt A LOT)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on the Batman the Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure numerous times and i'm surprised that it could cause blackouts or greyouts to be honest with you. Most of the elements on that ride are short; so I would think there would be enough time for your body to recover in between elements. You might not be hydrated enough while your at parks!

I have ridden many of the batman "clones" and find them very exciting. I rode the particular version you speak of 24 times in a row during ERT, the only issue I had was feeling light on my feet after getting off. The next day I grabbed 15 rides, still no grey outs, strain, etc. It's a great ride, but no where as near as intense as Montu IMO. A quick check of the RCDB doesn't show the G's on the version in question, but others show 4 G's, Montu is 3.8 G's with 7 inversions, the most of any inverted coaster which adds to the intensity IMO. Patriot being my all time favorite, only has 4 inversions, a longer track length, and to me is like a walk in the park, a relaxing ride that has the perfect mix of intensity and pleasure, kinda like s......I'm sharing too much...

...Patriot being my all time favorite, only has 4 inversions, a longer track length, and to me is like a walk in the park, a relaxing ride that has the perfect mix of intensity and pleasure, kinda like s......I'm sharing too much...

Heh. That's about how I feel about Silver Bullet. It's as tame as they get (but with decent forces through the inversions). I didn't like it at first due to its famous lack of intensity, but after a few rides it grew on me, and I simply found it fun. Sometimes that's all you need from a coaster. I'm looking forward to riding Patriot now.

Blacking out does not really bother me, in fact, it makes the ride all the more fun IMO. I love batman BECAUSE its so tight, it feels like you are on a rocket sled. Tatsu's pretzel almost kills me on every ride, but it is EASILY my favorite part of the entire ride. Its insane, and only a feeling you can get on coasters(maybe some flats?) whic make you feel like a fighter pilot or an astronaught.

... and I simply found it fun. Sometimes that's all you need from a coaster. I'm looking forward to riding Patriot now.

I could ride patriot all day, it has a nice air time hump over the station to kind of spice things up a bit.

• 4 months later...

I've never even so much as grayed out on B:TR at SF GAm despite its intensity, which is one reason I love it. I'm surprised I haven't, reading these posts. I used to gray or blackout on the old Shockwave there every time I rode it. Maybe I've gotten better at handling the forces as I get older.

Maybe, but Batman is really an intense inverted roller coaster. Most of B&M inverted roller coaster models are B&M most intense rides.

Oh, I agree. I've been on their hypers, stand-ups, flyers, and inverteds, and B:TR is the one with non-stop intensity after the lift. I was just saying I'm surprised I've never grayed or blacked out on it because of that fact.