TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite launch coaster?

ROBB-THIS IS NOT THE MOST FORCEFUL LAUNCH, DON'T BLOCK ME!!

I have only been on 2 launchers (Hulk and V2) and soon it will be 3 (Mr. Freeze) and I wanted to know which of the launches is just awesome. My favorite is V2, what's yours?

FYI -- It doesn't have to be a coaster

cool.jpg.76e94ea8e8dc0ce211f938e96057be3e.jpg

Just awesome!

Edited by larrygator

For me, the more intense the launch doesn't necessarily make it better. For example, Hypersonic XLC at PKD might have a mighty strong acceleration and launch, but that doesn't really mean much. However, same park, Volcano had a mighty fine set of launches. Personally, I'm partial to Rock N Roller Coaster's launch because the music helps increase the experience. Hulk's a nice one too. With Hulk and B&M’s state of the art launching system, I now know what a football feels like...

The rides that have launches that I've been on are:

The Incredible Hulk

Top Thrill Dragster

Wicked Twister

Rock and Roller Coaster

Italian Job: Stunt Track

Revenge of the Mummy

Out of those 6 coasters, I would say I enjoyed the launch on Hulk the best. It wasn't too forceful, but it was really fun and was the start to a great coaster.

As we're not just limited to coasters I have to say without a doubt that G Force at Old Town Kissimme has the best launch. It's the only ride I've been on in years and got off shaking. The acceleration is just so intense and lasts for so long. I guess I should list it as my favourite non coaster ride.

Coaster wise TTD is my favourite launch as it also lasts for quite a while. Although other coasters have more powerful launches they don't last long enough eg Hypersonic.

Notwithstanding the overwhelming nature of KK and TTD, Hulk's gamma ray tube scenario, sudden ramp-up, sight of the circle of sky approaching, and the immediate inversion afterwards are just such a fine combination.

Notwithstanding the overwhelming nature of KK and TTD, Hulk's gamma ray tube scenario, sudden ramp-up, sight of the circle of sky approaching, and the immediate inversion afterwards are just such a fine combination.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've been on about 12 different launches including KK, and Hulk still gets me every time! Volcano is a close second though.

I've only been on 2 launch coasters, i'm not keen of them:

"Thunderlooper" at Alton Towers and "Xpress" at Walibi World

Thunderlooper was the best out of the 2 with your hands up.

It is missed loads at Alton Towers, why did it move to South America when a UK Park could of bought it.

I could not go on "Stealth" or "Kingda Ka" as 2 fast.