TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite launch coaster?

• 2 weeks later...

Kingda Ka for me. So intense, so fast...

Although I also like Furius Baco's as, despite being less intense than Ka's, it somehow manages to feel almost as good (maybe because you're feet are dangling).

I've been on so many that it's hard to remember them all, but here are some of the ones I like best:

TTD

Storm Runner

Volcano

Montezooma's Revenge

Out of those, for the launch alone, I'd have to go with TTD - IMO nothing can match the sheer intensity and length of it (I haven't done KK, but hopefully I will be able to ride it this weekend and then I can finally figure out which I like best of the two), but for the overall coaster, I"d have to go with Volcano.

My favorites are still the old Anton shuttle loops. Simple, very comfy, plenty of great strange noises, blah blah blah. I know, it's a lot of sentiment. I remember being fond of Stormrunner and had a great time on Top Thrill Dragster as well.

Ahhhh! How could I forget The Chiller!? The Chiller (only got to ride red side/Robin, with lap bars thankfully) was one of the best rides I ever rode. The twist-thingy tried to rip you out of the train! Very nice!

• 4 weeks later...

For me it would be Top Thrill Dragster... Hands down. The suspense sitting there waiting to launch is more intense than most coasters. The launch... Oh the launch... How to describe it.... Relentless? It's so powerful, so fast, and so much fun!!! By far my favorite launched coaster! Ever!!

It'll be interesting to just account my launched coasters:

-V2

-Wicked Twister

-Maverick

-TTD

-Italian Job

-Flight of Fear

-Rock'n Roller Coaster

-Cali Screamin'

-Mick Doohan's Moto Coaster

-Tower of Terror (Dreamworld) (that's definitely not the best haha)

-Poltergeist

-Mr. Freeze

Gotta go with Dragster, Mr. Freeze, and Maverick. Maverick's shocked me when I rode it the other month.

Full Throttle (I refuse to call it YOLOcoaster due to my pure hate of that word) is #1 for me, thought not because of the launch, but rather the top hat at the end. S:UF is 2, then Xcelerator, then V2, California Screamin, and Montezuma's Revenge coming in after.

Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (my home park).

It has one of the most technologically advanced launching systems in the world and I love how the train doesn't need to come to a dead stop when it reaches the launching sections. It's like a slightly less intense version of Maverick at Cedar Point, only you don't have to be put in a neckbrace afterwards.

d712e74c7681440683b3ca097c00f1a6_optimized_ch5_460x345.png.0994df245bd03c5982ba27eb8cbfbcc5.png

I'd agree with those who've said Xcelerator has the best launch. Fun to ride and even more entertaining to watch.

Overall, I'd probably pick Volcano for the complete ride experience, with Maverick a close second.

Honorable mention to Jet Rescue for easily being the best 'family launch' coaster around (although I suspect Juvelen might top it, will find out on the Scandi trip next year!).

YOLOcoaster (I refuse to call it YOLOcoaster due to my pure hate of that word) is #1 for me, thought not because of the launch, but rather the top hat at the end. S:UF is 2, then Xcelerator, then V2, California Screamin, and Montezuma's Revenge coming in after.

Well don't I look silly now. Didn't realize it automatically changed FT to YOLOCoaster. ah well

• 1 year later...

Before I get started, I apologize if this has already been discussed, I did a search but all I came up with was Strongest/Most Forceful LIM Launch, and Favorite Intamin Accelerator. However, those are both really old threads, and didn't really discuss launched coasters in general. They discussed two specific type of launched coasters, and I was wanting something a little more broad.

With all of that being said, I created this thread in hopes of us being able to not only post our favorite launched coasters, but also be able to discuss all things launched coaster related!

To me there is just something about the anticipation sitting on the launch track waiting for the train to launch that makes launched coasters so much more thrilling to me than traditional coasters. My all time favorite launched coaster is Top Thrill Dragster. The anticipation of the launch, and the 420ft climb up the tower is amazing. The speed, and force of the launch is breathtaking, and something that I have never experienced on any other coaster. Some of my other favorite launched coasters are Maverick, and Revenge Of The Mummy at USO.

What are your favorites?!