TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You know you're a Six Flags park if...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

...the queue line you're in stays at a complete standstill for 15 minutes.

...you have to wait an hour to use a single rider line.

...the train that you're riding in is wrapped in strange colors advertising the dumbest of things.

When you are charged 12.99 for 2 overly fried chicken fingers and 12 french fries without a drink included.

Yikes, $12.99 for chicken finger, fries, an no drink. That's got to be heinous!

Back to the discussion, you know that you're at a Six Flags park if they said that they're counting a carnival Super Loop ride as a roller coaster when it's not one!

You know you're at a Six Flags park when there is a gang shooting in the parking lot.

- Nobody is going to top that!

I wonder how the police would handle that at Six Flags St Louis...Sorry, too soon?

You know you're at a Six Flags park when even the local park wildlife endorses the park's official snack Taki's.

image.jpg.da4a56069e4e57b03246eab353f1d472.jpg

^^^That better have some truth to it, because it sure would win this thread over.

When the shirts in the gift shop are "Adult only" material...

... and they kick you out of the park for sporting a "questionable" shirt...

I was actually banned from SFNE by some clown in the parking department. Look in the SFNE thread around Aug 20th for more. I got it reversed a few days later.

Basically I was taking pics of Cyclone construction and some guy came over in a car saying he heard reports of someone trying to hop the fence. He actually asked me that with my camera out, bizarro shirt, and wallet. Then it seemed like he got desperate and tried to make something up to cover his ass or he would look like a moron and said that you can't take pictures in the park. He said you can only take pictures with friends. I told him I have taken thousands of roller coaster pics at parks like six flags and Lake Compounce and he said "we are not lake compounce". So clearly he had no idea what he was talking about.

I didn't know much about laws and rights at the time, but I probably would have handled it differently. Probably takes the cake for the stupidest thing six flags has done. I wish I had it all on camera.

I found where the conversation started, and my jaw couldn't have fallen on the ground harder... This steps into certain codes that any photographer is (or should be) taught. Here's a copy-paste:

Your rights as a photographer:

Taking photographs of things that are plainly visible from public spaces is a constitutional right – and that includes federal buildings, transportation facilities, and police and other government officials carrying out their duties. Unfortunately, there is a widespread, continuing pattern of law enforcement officers ordering people to stop taking photographs from public places, and harassing, detaining and arresting those who fail to comply.

Police may not delete your photographs or video under any circumstances. Officers have faced felony charges of evidence tampering as well as obstruction and theft for taking a photographer’s memory card.

This doesn't step into government issues (and this isn't the police, it's park security), but it's still valid if you're in a public space. It's kinda hard to hide a roller coaster, so why bend-over backwards trying to stop people?! Of course this all get's thrown out the window if you were truly trespassing, which apparently you weren't. Glad you got it reversed, even though it sucks you lost your photos.

Edit: I'm sure you knew about the above by now, but a similar incident happened to someone that went to Kings Island not long ago, and was taken in by security for photographing the park... that's it.

Yeah I have read up on all the photography stuff and watched videos of stuff like that so I would have handled it differently and maybe have been able to go on a coaster that day lol. I definitely shouldn't have gotten in his car, deleted the pictures, or handed him my pass. I learned a little that day though lol. I really wish I was compensated though, having to deal with that and get nothing is BS.