TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hated coasters you like.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnum is my favorite coaster, there seems to be a love or hate relationship with that ride. Half the people love it, half the people hate it.

If you know how to ride (cross your legs and put them straight ahead) it doesn't hurt in the least, but if not for the seat belt you would likely pull a Tamar.

For some reason people dont like Iron Wolf at SFGAm. I loved that ride even before they put in the GOOD trains. That ride is small, compact, burried in the woods, and nice and fast. If you ride like a floorless and put your feet on the platform, it doesnt hurt your balls

KING COBRA!!! Even though I unfortunately havent been able to ride it in years, it has forever been one of my all time favorite rollercoasters, and I've been on some pretty sweet coasters like TTD, SR, Cyclops, and Hades lately...Also, Im not sure if its unloved, but VorteX. Some of the greatest air I have ever experienced on a looping coaster, or any coaster in general (second most air Ive ever gotten to Cyclops..)

For some reason people dont like Iron Wolf at SFGAm. I loved that ride even before they put in the GOOD trains. That ride is small, compact, burried in the woods, and nice and fast. If you ride like a floorless and put your feet on the platform, it doesnt hurt your balls

I completely agree! There seems to be sooo many Wolf haters, but I really love the ride. It is one of the most intense rides out there and it really isnt too bad. Train 2 received a minor rehab over the off-season and is notably running much better than train 1. Give the ride a chance, it may surprise you.

^^Calling it crap usually means you hate it!

The down time is kind of disappointing, but you just run to it for the first ride of the day (if you get in the hotel entrance right by it) maybe ride it twice if the line is short, and then it breaks down about midday every day, which is when you go and ride the other rides, and then come back to it and ride it a couple of times in the evening or at night.

i like excalibur at valleyfair. even though it's basically a surefire way to get a headache, it's was built when i was 15 and living in minnesota, so i followed every step of the construction. i was even invited to opening press day and meet ron toomer, which at 15 was a big deal. at least it was for me. it's so rough that it never has a line, even on busy days, but i think it's a cool coaster and it has lots of sentimental value for me.

Has nothing to do with your balls and everythign to do with what it does to the rest of you. I am a seasoned Mantis and Chang rider and know how to ride stand ups and this thing absolutely kills me. The only coaster to ever make me bleed and the worst steel roller coaster out there now that Viper at GADV is gone.

I'm the opposite with the Beast at PKI. Everyone says that they love it, but I rode it and said, "WTF?" It was fast, but that's it.

Although it's not a coaster to some, I really liked JTA at Sea World San Diego, although most people I know don't agree.

Ok, not really a roller coaster but I still think it's one of the most hated rides of all time....It's A Small World.

I never thought this ride was so bad, it was even my favourite ride as a kid but lately I can't go anywhere without seeing people taking a huge, smelly dump on it (not literally....although I'm sure that's the next step in the extreme hating ritual of this ride). I mean, the message of universal solidarity and camaraderie is timeless and although it may seem a little childish or idealistic, it's still a nice thought. Some people hate the music that plays during the ride. I think that the music fits perfectly with the whole image of the ride and gives it a touch of personality that really completes the ride, however childish and slightly homosexual it may be. And face it, it seems more appropriate to have eery children singing than Aerosmith blasting "Dude looks like a lady" in your face....at least in this particular situation.

There, I think that just about wraps up my personal crusade to help "Small World" recover its former glory.

Anders "probably the only person to use the word "camaraderie" on this forum" Frederiksen

It's a Small World at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World (Orlando Florida) just received a year long referb. The ride is the same...but basically brand new. They even added a big white clock, similar to the one at Disneyland, inside the building. Sure its a kiddie ride, but didnt we all like it when we were little kids?