TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cedar Point opening weekend. LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

I think that a rollback on mantis may be a little painful(for a male at least). I was on a rollback years ago on mine ride. It was fun having to walk down the stairs. Of course I was on several dragster rollbacks as well.

I agree about the soda prices. They are charging twice as much as Disney is for a drink. The did have people in the park doing surveys, but I was not lucky enough to get to do one.

A starflyer would look great, and would not take up too much room. I have never been on one, but with all the compliments people are giving them, I imagine that they are fun.

Myself, I would like to see a intamin plug and play if it's a coaster. If it were a thrill ride, I would love to see a top scan.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forsee a GCI coming to Cedar Point at some time. They are almost unanimously enjoyed, yet they are a family coaster. Also, from what I understand they are reliable and do not seem to get really rough, besides Gwazi, so a coaster like that could be good for a park with one REALLY bad woodie, and one old woodie that everyone seems to like. Also, as stated before, thay are very family friendly.

Very nice TR! Thanks for posting lots of photos, they were fun to look at before my trip to CP next week.

If the Shoot the Rapids splashdowns are anything like the Pilgrim's Plunge splashdown, you're gonna get soaked in the front seat when the wave hits you and possibly comes over the front of the boat, and the side of you by the side of the boat will get soaked if you're in the back rows. Your shoes aren't staying dry either.

$4.50 for a soda is absolutely ridiculous. I'll drink soda when I go to HW, but not at CP, unless it's in a cooler in my car. -Mike

Nice TR! Thanks for posting it! Unfortunately I can't make it to CP this year (summer school...yuck...), but I'm planning a trip for next year. Is it true that the park is deserted on weekdays during May? I understand Saturdays must be horrible (especially opening day), but the park sure looked empty on Sunday...just wondering if it's like that Monday-Friday.

And seriously, the food/drink prices are ridiculous! I hope that rumor about them offering free drinks in exchange for a more expensive ticket is true...

I have to wonder if there is some weight to the speculation that it might be Cedar Fair who is thinking of offering the free sodas, since they're a Pepsi chain. The other free soda parks out there (Holiday World and Lake Compounce are the only two coming to mind right now) are Pepsi parks as well. I have heard that restaurants and other places that sell Coke products must pay an ongoing additional fee for some reason I can't remember--legal rights to sell it or something? I honestly don't know. I am a Coca Cola girl through and through, but yucky Pepsi or not, I would be all for paying a higher gate price to avoid shelling out $4.50 if thirst gets the best of me at a Cedar Fair park.

I was actually surprised to see that the bottle of water was "only" $3.00.

I was there opening weekend as well, from Saturday night to Monday morning. The lines were average. For me it was a Maverick trip. I am working on a sweet video which will hopefully be posted in a few days.

The one thing that bugged me was the ERT for Platinum Pass holders ( I am one of them) and resort guests (That was me as well because I stayed at Hotel Breakers). We get to Maverick Sunday and Monday morning and they are never ready for 9:00 a.m. I know it is nice to be in line before the general public but I was hoping to get a few rides before the rush got there. It's all good because riding the coasters makes up for it.

The staff was friendly, like usual, but the crew efficiency could have been better Sat. night and all of Sunday. Don't get me started on Monday where they ran one train for all major coasters. It was horrible. One train on Millennium is heart breaking.

Oh, and Mantis was opened by Sunday night. I rode it Monday morning before the line got to long because of only running one train. (Random tangent- Does anyone else think a floorless coaster with the same layout as Mantis would be awesome? I do.)

I love Cedar Point regardless of the weather and downtime as long as I get one ride on each coaster. I'm turning into the guy that would rather take pictures and videos of the coasters then wait in super long lines.

For all who love Cedar Point or have never been, MAKE SURE YOU GO SOMETIME!

Cedar Point - America's One and Only!

Ride On!

^The speed/pain factor is why they don't run it in the rain. I've ridden it in a light drizzle before, and it hurt BAD.

See I don't get that... I rode Millennium Force one night at closing and it was POURING rain and I don't remember it hurting at all.

I was at CP Monday and Tuesday. Rained/Misted from 10AM Monday to 2PM Tuesday. Rode both Millennium and Magnum in small downpours, it's a fun experience...once or twice.

Also, Top Thrill in 48 degree weather is brrrrr. They had to do the front-heavy thing on Tuesday, with 6 passengers per-train. The line was about 2.5 hours, while Maverick was 20 minutes.

One other thing: Mean Streak SUCKS way more than it did in 07 or 08, my last visits to CP. I couldn't enjoy it, and I generally like rough coasters to a degree.

^The speed/pain factor is why they don't run it in the rain. I've ridden it in a light drizzle before, and it hurt BAD.

Andrew and I rode it in the rain Monday. It was operating one train all day in the rain. Wasn't TOO horrible. Pretty nuts, actually.

OMG! Lakewood, Ohio just got a butt load of these exact same garbage cans...without the CP logo of course. I always think they look like a model for a small observation tower or something like that.

102_6716__medium_.jpg.f416c4179027aaaef95343dcb1cfb514.jpg

Lakewood AND Cedar Point have the same garbage cans...details at 11

I just spent the entire day there yesterday (Wednesday) and half day today (Thursday) I have to say I've been going to Cedar Point the same time for the last 4 years and this is the first time it didn't rain which in turn made the park packed. Both days Maverick didn't let guests on until 9:15 but for the most part ran smooth, on Wednesday Top Thrill Dragster was only running 3 trains and only had the first 3 rows open until well after noon so basically I got in line just before 10 and finally rode it at 11:47, almost 2 hours and didn't get the front seat, just awful, but on Thursday Millenium Force was down so they opened TTD instead with 4 trains running so I got on it twice before 10 yay. On Thursday all major rides had over 30 minute waits with TTD, Maverick, Mantis (2 trains) & Raptor over an hour but Mean Streak and Skyhawk were walk-ons (remember just a few years ago when Skyhawk was the big bad newbie on the block, oh how the mighty have fallen). Now I'm in Mason, Tomorrow morning going to Holiday World (thanx CLUB TPR discounted tix) and then coming back for Kings Island in the afternoon and half day Saturday