TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Park- "Millennium Palms" [RCT2]

CURRENT STATE:

I'll edit this part of my first post to show you what my park is looking like now. I think I'm improving just a bit.

First try at a fountain, with "SkyDive" overlooking it.

Full park (some rides cut off)

Map

ORIGINAL POST:

Because all my parks were wiped out for some unknown reason, I started a new one that I've been working on. No, it's not focused on being that huge park with over 20 roller coasters, it's a little park with individual themed areas. For now, it's still called "Millennium Heights". I'm looking for another name, with the word "Millennium" in the front of it. Anyone got any ideas?

Here's the layout:

The area outlined in black is "Main Street", a pathway with no official theming, but is still packed with thrill rides like Top Spins, Gentle Rides like Ferris Wheels, and a thrilling roller coaster!

The area outlined in red is "Outer Atmosphere", the future-space themed area with two roller coasters, a gentle ride and a thrill ride.

The area outlined in purple is "Medieval Thrill", the medieval-themed section, which has two thrill rides, a water ride, and an Inverted Roller Coaster.

It's got four major coasters, two of them heavily themed.

MAIN STREET:

Here's the first drop of "Cobra Roll", a 115-foot tall Corkscrew Roller Coaster with a 98-foot drop, reaching speeds of up to 56 mph! Located on Main Street. (You'll also notice the Drachen Fire-style element)

most of the layout

Queue line.

Restaurant, but due to guest confusion I had to delete the building. "Millennium Grill".

OUTER ATMOSPHERE:

This section includes futre space-themed rides, like "Flying Saucers", or two of the park's roller coasters!

Here's "Space Station", the Mini-Roller Coaster that reaches heights of 90 feet, a drop of 81 feet, and speeds of up to 51 mph.

The second roller coaster in "Outer Atmosphere" is "SkyDive", the massive Vertical Drop Coaster that's 250 feet high, with a 236ft first drop. It reaches speeds of up to 87mph!

60 degree angled lift hill.

Top of lift hill.

We didn't need heavy theming for this one, because "this coaster is the future."

More pictures coming soon, including the area "Medieval Thrill", with an Inverted Roller Coaster and more!

Edited by braztaz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, nice forest... Individual coaster theming looks nice, but I think the park would look even better if you have more themed areas rather than a huge forest. Look at some of dmaxsba and BRTellers work as they are very good at making seperate themes for areas without destroying the feel of the park. But, that being said, the supports look nice on the Arrow and Space Station looks cool.

The vertical drop coaster looks really big! Maybe make a simpler layout for it instead of such a big one, or even change it to a twister coaster.

Overall, a good start, but it just needs some more polished theming.

How about Millenium Thrills or Millenium Adventures.

MEDIEVAL THRILLS:

Part of the area, you can see "King's Throne" (inverted coaster), "Cannon Fire" (Roto-Drop). Unseen in this picture is "Breach the Castle Walls" (a River Rapids Water Ride), "Round Table" (A Scrambler "Twist").

And here is the layout of "King's Throne", a 125ft tall roller coaster with speeds of up to 60mph and 8 inversionas that speeds you through the King's village and castles.

First Drop that wraps around the king's castle...

Diving loop...

Loop and Immelman...

Here's "Medieval Eats", the restaurant in the section.

"Breach the Castle Walls": No scenery...

With scenery...

More expansions to come soon!

Ummm, nice forest... Individual coaster theming looks nice, but I think the park would look even better if you have more themed areas rather than a huge forest. Look at some of dmaxsba and BRTellers work as they are very good at making seperate themes for areas without destroying the feel of the park. But, that being said, the supports look nice on the Arrow and Space Station looks cool.

The vertical drop coaster looks really big! Maybe make a simpler layout for it instead of such a big one, or even change it to a twister coaster.

Overall, a good start, but it just needs some more polished theming.

How about Millenium Thrills or Millenium Adventures.

The heavy trees are because of the land that's not used, I mean usually when a theme park isn't using land it's not just a huge empty field. Plus I like the idea of a nice, cool and shady park.

Thanks for all the advice though. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

PARK UPDATE:

New names are considered, like "Millennium Glow", "Millennium Beats", "Millennium Palms", "Millennium Paradise", "Millennium Timeline", "Millennium Clockwork".

Development:

The park's overall theme is becoming more clear, of the park being a timeline, with proposed new areas like Prehistoric, Ancient Roman and Egyptian, and even Modern day sections.

Since our last update, one major coaster has been added, along with a kiddie coaster. No new sections have been added, but the extensions of "Medieval Thrill" and "Main Street" will keep guests busy.

MEDIEVAL THRILLS:

We'll start with "Dungeon Disaster", a Junior-Roller coaster for the younger kids...

Layout is very simple.

Where the section was extended on from:

MAIN STREET:

Main Street went through major additions, but also went though major deductions. Guest just entering the park are no longer greeted with the 115ft "Cobra Roll": after nearly 15 years of service, it was torn down to make room for the new themed areas. "It was blocking off a lot of the park's usable land," says officials.

For now, the area remains empty.

Main Street was extended, with added thrill rides, and a B&M Hyper...

Some minor additions in "Outer Atmosphere" include a Motion-Simulator.

Other minor additions are some skylifts to transport guests around the park.

(PLEASE comment me your opinion, give me stuff you would like to see in the park or some things i should fix. )

Edited by braztaz

OMG, Millenium Palms is the best name EVER, lol!

Dungeon Disaster is a cool looking ride, nice theming. To be honest, I think that Dreamclaw is way too big! Either start again or tweak the layout so it is a bit shorter. It really ruins the entire atmosphere at its current size and the colours make it stick out like a sore thumb.

I know it may sound a little harsh, but it is obvious that you have great potential, you just need to try to steer away from incredibly unrealistic rides and coasters and start steering towards some of those more realistic themes and layouts.

OMG, Millenium Palms is the best name EVER, lol!

Dungeon Disaster is a cool looking ride, nice theming. To be honest, I think that Dreamclaw is way too big! Either start again or tweak the layout so it is a bit shorter. It really ruins the entire atmosphere at its current size and the colours make it stick out like a sore thumb.

I know it may sound a little harsh, but it is obvious that you have great potential, you just need to try to steer away from incredibly unrealistic rides and coasters and start steering towards some of those more realistic themes and layouts.

Thanks, I was thinking gthe exact same thing about Dreamclaw... i'll shorten it down a bit and show you the results. I'll keep "SkyDive" as the main "big" attraction. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem all that unrealistic. But you know a lot more than me.

Thanks again!

TWISTORY: sneak preview

Construction is done on the park's new themed section, entitled "Twistory!", which mixes together the ancient times into one big section. It lays in the previous spot of "Cobra Roll", just to the right after you enter through the entrance. Guests are greeted with a new flying roller coaster, "Timeline", which soars them through PreHistoric ages, the Roman Empire, Ice Age, Egyptian Pyramids, and even modern-day times.

Full layout coming soon.

TWISTORY is still under development, but guests can still explore the pyramids and ancient structures alongside the pathways.

Entrance:

more coming soon...

Just a short little update. Worries me, it seems like no one's reading this

Here's a brand new lake, with a scenic monorail over it.

Water ride added to the "Twistory" section

Twistory update revealed later tonight. Please comment so I know you're here, I'd really like some criticism, I'm trying to become a better RCT2 player.

reminds me of my very first parks. It looks like matsku84 on youtube with slight more realisticity. I'm zombieacropalyse on youtube but I'm way past fantasy parks for the last 6 months i've been practicing realistic coaster making, scenery making, theming, pathwork, stations, and most important custom supports. I'll be posting up a new park soon meanwhile check out my 2 old videos on youtube that i have failed to upload for like 5 months.

TWISTORY

SCR129.BMP

Entrance from "Medieval Thrill"

SCR131.BMP

Majority of the section.

SCR141.BMP

And here's "Timeline", the flying roller coaster! Let me take you through the layout...

SCR132.BMP

First, travel up the chain hill overlooking dinosaurs in their natural habitat, feeding and goingon with their daily lives. Then plunge 80ft into the snowy Ice-Age era...

SCR133.BMP

Flip 55ft in the air, then face up as you speed over the queue line and into...

SCR134.BMP

The roman empire...

SCR135.BMP

And into a brake run before you climb the next massive hill...

SCR136.BMP

Climb up 125 feet, awaiting your 108ft drop... (don't worry, I'm fixing the supports later, haha)

SCR137.BMP

Drop 108 feet into Ancient Egypt, just barely missing massive pyramids and speeding through two Sphinxes.

SCR138.BMP

Fly through an overbanked turn and splash yourself into reality for just a few moments as you overlook the park entrance.

SCR139.BMP

Airtime hill... (yes, on a flying coaster, may be taken down due to stress on trains and riders)

SCR140.BMP

Whatever this inversion is called, lol. (Just barely miss the track as you twist through it)

SCR141.BMP

Then drop into modern cities of today, reaching the final brake run.

SCR142.BMP

Make your way through a modern town, then back into the station.

SCR143.BMP

Did you enjoy your ride on "Twistory"? Please COMMENT and tell me what you think! I don't care if it's good or bad! Thanks!

I like the idea, but the presentation is lacking a bit. What you have here is a nicely themed RCT park with some good coasters. What sets really great parks apart from this one is realism. To truly grasp what RCT parks can be, go to www.nedesigns.com and check out some of the parks there. Granted, the people on that site are absolutely crazy with realism and design, but you will notice how they create an immersive atmosphere with landscaping, architecture, and rides.

So, my tips are:

-make the atmosphere fuller to the people walking through the park. Think about how Disney and Universal create a story and use that to your advantage. Your rides do that already, do that for the other patrons, too.

-Create some hills. It's boring, but effective.

-Spend more time with your theming. Make it beautiful. Things like foliage and ground color can do wonders here.

I really like the potential in this park. Keep it up!

I like the idea, but the presentation is lacking a bit. What you have here is a nicely themed RCT park with some good coasters. What sets really great parks apart from this one is realism. To truly grasp what RCT parks can be, go to www.nedesigns.com and check out some of the parks there. Granted, the people on that site are absolutely crazy with realism and design, but you will notice how they create an immersive atmosphere with landscaping, architecture, and rides.

So, my tips are:

-make the atmosphere fuller to the people walking through the park. Think about how Disney and Universal create a story and use that to your advantage. Your rides do that already, do that for the other patrons, too.

-Create some hills. It's boring, but effective.

-Spend more time with your theming. Make it beautiful. Things like foliage and ground color can do wonders here.

Thanks for commenting!

And I've only been to Kings Dominion and BGW, which really don't have stories around them but I'll try to make a new section and see if you'll like it.

And those nedesigns people are....crazy... I would never have the time to do that... but I did have time to edit some landscape arond "king's Throne, where it used to be flat...

SCR146.BMP

The corkscrews and zero-g roll are now wrapping around a average sized hill.

100% agree!

I really think you have all the skills needed to make this park into something better than what it is. You seem to have an eye for selecting the right scenery to use. The problem is the way your using it. For example with the hills added in the picture above it totally changed the way the coaster looks now if your take some time and change out all those castle towers and replace them with a castle it will bump this coaster up another notch. Scenery takes time to make and can really make or break a ride and sometimes a park.

My only real advise for you is to slow down and think about ways to use the scenery ideas you already have and build off them to make each ride something special.

Why is it when people post about NE they say we are crazy? Seriously we aren't crazy we are just take it to another level wich requires more thought and planning going into it and not just random building like some people tend to do...

To speak of this park I think there is potential here but it needs a lot of work, for instance the foliage: you have almost no tree variation and no lower levels of plantlife wich really makes everything come alive, like said before check designs and park over at NE to see what I mean with different layers of foliage, especially worth checking in that area are RRP and Geewhz

As far as the coasters go they can use a bit more flow but there isn't anything wrong in a way it can't be done, just make sure the pacing isn't lethal because some of your smaller inversions look like the train races through them at very high speeds....

Why is it when people post about NE they say we are crazy?

Not necessarily, I was poking a little fun. It's more of a different level of commitment, where most people don't have that kind of time. I was more of referring to the level of gameplay as crazy, not really the people.

Why is it when people post about NE they say we are crazy? Seriously we aren't crazy we are just take it to another level wich requires more thought and planning going into it and not just random building like some people tend to do...

To speak of this park I think there is potential here but it needs a lot of work, for instance the foliage: you have almost no tree variation and no lower levels of plantlife wich really makes everything come alive, like said before check designs and park over at NE to see what I mean with different layers of foliage, especially worth checking in that area are RRP and Geewhz

As far as the coasters go they can use a bit more flow but there isn't anything wrong in a way it can't be done, just make sure the pacing isn't lethal because some of your smaller inversions look like the train races through them at very high speeds....

I meant crazy in a good way.

I'll focus on just scenery and foliage for the next few days and show you all the results.

What inversions do you think are lethal? Which coasters? Because for most of them I have brakes that heavily reduce the speed.

But thanks to everyone for the comments and criticism!

I'm working on a new wooden roller coaster. It goes away from the park's usual "big and intimidating" but it really packs a punch and will for sure end up on one of your top wooden coasters! Here's a preview...

(I have a lot of work to do on this, like more landscaping, supports, and I have to work on the station. So remember it's only a preview of what's to come.)

SCR192.BMP

The turn wraps around a hill. (One of my first tries at serious landscaping, not done yet)

SCR189.BMP

Lake in the middle of tracks.

SCR191.BMP

Layout. What do you guys think?

The coaster has been named "Silvia", which is Latin for the word "Forest" (supposedly). The ride is very useful to the park because-

a.) It is located far off from everything else in it's section, called "Mystique Forest" (or something along the lines of that). It directs people from the more major rides, thus reducing lines (by a little, SkyDive still has 200+ people in line for it with 2 trains running).

b.) This thing speeds through 2,500 customers per hour- the most ride capacity in the entire park. Lines are in excess of 400 people now but the line is only but about 15 minutes- SkyDive (with 200 people in line) is also around 15 minutes.)

Some more pictures. Remember, comments are ALWAYS appreciated!

SCR196.BMP

Station, still in progress.

SCR197.BMP

Queue (without scenery and trees)

SCR198.BMP

Queue (with scenery and trees)

SCR199.BMP

Whooo!

SCR200.BMP

Look at how it's strategically placed away from most everything else0 a way where no one gets lost finding it and where it directs enough crowds away from larger rides.

COMPLETE PARK MAP: (pictures in next post)

1283047549_mapofpalms.jpg.3c5d5b51c45a93ee7c7151d702e51299.jpg

Here is the complete map. Direct your attention to the area outlined in red. This section is called "Main Street"- and if you're looking for any section, just walk along Main Street and you'll be sure to find it. It includes many, many flat rides and one 215ft tall B&M Hyper, called "Dreamclaw".

The area outlined in purple is Twistory, which mixes events all over time and twists them together into one fun area! It contains a water ride, a flying coaster called "Timeline", and a magic carpet ride.

Area outlined in brown is "Medieval Thrill", themed to a medieval village. It contains two roller coasters: A B&M Inverted called "King's Throne", a Drop Tower, a Junior Roller Coaster "Dungeon Disaster", a rapids ride, and many other flat rides.

Area outlined is blue is "Outer Atmosphere", a section themed to the future (with space travel and much more!) It contains two coasters: "SkyDive", a 250ft vertical drop coaster, "Space Station", a 90ft mini-coaster, and extra flat rides.

Area outlined in black is "The Mystical Forest". It's hidden in dense forests and contains two roller coasters and a dingy slide. "Silvia" is a landscape wooden, and "Taberna Run" is an LIM Launched Coaster.

ALL THE ROLLER COASTERS: (updates)

SCR167.BMP

"SkyDive" got new supports on it's 190ft airtime hill!

SCR206.BMP

"Dreamclaw" is the intimidating red 215ft B&M Hyper in the back of the park!

SCR165.BMP

Here is the ORIGINAL "Taberna Run". For three years it was themed to a western-criminal chase. But park officials felt that it stuck out like a sore thumb in the "Mystical Forest" section, and that it took away from the park's natural beauty, it was transformed...

SCR207.BMP

into this! It now speeds you through the forests of "Millennium Palms". It still kept it's name of "Taberna Run"...so only Millennium Palms experts can decipher what the name REALLY means. (Also, some western-theming is still visible in the queue)

Which version did YOU like better? Western or Forest?

SCR146.BMP

The cobra roll, diving loop, zero-g roll, and corkscrews of "King's Throne".

SCR41.BMP

"King's Throne"'s 125ft lift hill and 95ft drop that wraps around a castle.

SCR203.BMP

This is "Timeline", the flying roller coaster that speeds you through our planet's timeline of the ancient ages, then splashing you back into reality for the finish. (Located in Twistory)

SCR202.BMP

"Space Station": Mini Roller Coaster located in Outer Atmosphere.

SCR208.BMP

"Dungeon Disaster": Junior Roller Coaster located in "Medieval Thrill".

SCR209.BMP

"Silvia"- wooden roller coaster located in "The Mystical Forest".