TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

BAY AREA BASH 2010 Live Updates!

Wes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my post was uneducated and obnoxious maybe I deserve a rebuttal as to why it was uneducated. Perhaps I am not aware of the standards in which these animals are treated and acquired. If I was to be corrected I would retract my previous statement. It was definitely not meant to anger anyone.

Well then maybe you should do a little bit more research on the topic on your own (hint: not at PeTA's website). If you're unaware of something your first impulse should not be to assume the worst and comment as if that's truth. I didn't see your original post but from this one I assume it had something to do with disagreeing with using animals as entertainment or whatever your deal is. SFDK is an AZA accredited institution that participates in conservation breeding management programs, and they use operant conditioning (in the form of positive reinforcement) to "capture" natural behaviors for training purposes. Their mission is education first, and it's very clear across the park and in the animal shows.

edit: It appears that you joined this site specifically to post about the animals at SFDK. Classy.

Let's try to keep this on topic as this is about the event, not animal rights. Thank you Natalie for that great resposne, I think that's all that really needs to be said on the subject. And yes, it's clear that he ONLY registered to the site to start internet drama over something that's not really specific to this thread and that's just not what TPR is about.

Thank you to everyone who attended Bay Area Bash and we look forward to seeing you all at more events soon!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

As always, and incredible event! Thanks for all the hard work TPR, can't wait for the next events! It was great to see everyone and catch up, and meet new people. Even my in-laws were very impressed with the BAB, and had a great time.

P.S. Sorry I failed at smasher duty Chris , but I did used to work here !

Edited by jray21

The girlfriend and I had an amazing time on the Party Bus this weekend! So much to do in such a short amount of time, it felt like we were away from home for weeks!

Thank Robb, Elissa, the Bitch Twins, the Parks, and everyone else who made this crazy event possible!

Thanks Robb and Elissa, and everyone who planned, packed, and supported the Bay Area Bash event! We only hung out at Six Flags on Saturday, but it was so much fun! Jolie and I are feeling very spoiled now, and it will be difficult to visit the park as "regular" people. The exclusive animal time was a really great bonus!!

I had such a great time this weekend. It was so much better than staying in the valley and going to the movies. lol Thank you all for organizing the event. The Party Bus was great, the Avatar Hotel was very nice, the iHop breakfast was yummy and the private Elephant show was the best and that's not even mentioning the ERT! ...now the depression and anticipation starts until the next TPR event. Thanks!

Thank you all for the awesome time! The trip was set up very well and included plenty of wonderful activites. Not to mention the amount of new friends that were made. Thanks again to Theme Park Review for always going above and beyond for us!

OK, now that I'm recovered from BAB and the party bus. I just wanted to thank everyone on the party bus for being cool as hell. I did not meet anyone who i didn't like. You are a strange, interesting and very cool group of people.

And to robb, elissa, and their crew(bitch twins you frighten me, god save us all) thanks for a great event. Food, ert, tpr members all awesome. On paper the schedule look like it was going to be a little tight, but in reality there was more than enough time to hit all the credits and still explore the parks. Thanks again, gotta do it again sometime.

Looks like you all had a great time! I have lived in California my whole life (minus right now) and I have never visited any of the 'up north' parks besides SCBB. Robb, based on my experiences at WCB and these pictures in the Bay Area, I would LOVE for you to continue this event in the future!!!! Your hard work for the sake of internet people is well appreciated.

Robb, Elissa, Ryan, and all who helped out to make this an unbelievable weekend thank you. This has to be one of the better trips i have had. There is only one problem now, Im addicted to the trips and want more just like eating pringles chips once you pop you cant stop.

Jeff "tilt awhirl" Koth

I was internetless for two weeks and got it hooked up in the new place and saw upwards of part 7's and thought this was some week long event!

Had a great time catching up on these updates my favorites were:

Elephant tug-o-war

Backstage with Top..er Flight Deck

Chairlift in the zoo, why don't more zoo's do that? Like now!

"Jerri, the tribe has spoken." --Greatest line in TV history!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually liked Jerri.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading these updates. It's interesting seeing areas of my home parks that most people never have (including me). Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one of these events some day! It's too bad school got in the way this time.

Thanks everybody for making this a truly enjoyable first TPR trip for me! I was regretably unable to attend Great America on Sunday but SFDK was enough fun for two days! The animal meet-and-greet was awesome... never got to pet a two-toed sloth before and the Medussa ERT was fantastic!

Robb, I know you couldn't get a very good shot of KT on the coaster on Saturday so I've attached the one I snapped. Hope you like it.

See you next time!

JayBe

RSCN1136.jpg.c16c326f681f3c3c41408cbde86ec9f8.jpg

So many things going on in the first two cars... maybe we should have a "caption the photo" contest?

I had an absolutely awesome time at Bay Area Bash! Well, except for barfing after Centrifuge and spending the second part of the CGA day at first aid.

Thanks for putting together yet another fantastic trip!! The party bus rocked!