TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: "Rollercoaster Tycoon" riding to the screen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony Pictures Animation is a huge studio (and makes pretty good movies). They will never produce a straight-to-DVD.

Again, this movie wont be made.

Again, there's a possibility despite you repeating yourself with a point that could also happen.

Honestly, if there was a movie it'd be direct-to-DVD/Blu-ray like a few of us have said.

In the words of Comic Book Guy: "Worst. Movie Idea. Ever."

Then again, this is Comic Book Guy we're talking about, he could be on board for this one...(Not literally, as RCT seats are not his size)

This just makes me pitching my ideas to production companies that much easier...especially if crap like this is getting through.

Dick Kinzel is the true Roller Coaster Tycoon, I demand: Dick The Movie (aka Trashcan Millionaire).

After seeing the 1977 film Rollercoaster on the weekend I also demand a remake of this film in 3D, it has amazing potential for blowing stuff up - so Michael Bay should be interested.

I see from another source that one prominent member of the film industry with ties to TPR is rather keen to be involved in this project, they have stated that they would even work in the food truck.

Harald Zwart is a crap director. All his films are dumb, disposable comedies. But really, who's going to play to see a film called 'Roller Coaster Tycoon'? In other words, it isn't going to get made.

I hope I'm not eating my own words in a few years time.

I know RCT released a series of "pick your path" type books awhile ago. I have 3 of them myself. They were more just "pick your path" stories centred around theme parks. Maybe the movies could have some tie ins to those? But you can't have a pick your path movie in theatres, can you?

Actually I remember an episode of Futurama where they went to a movie theater to see a movie where they could vote on what would happen next in the film. I also remember that it didn't work oout too well. Does anyone remember this episode?

Edited by holidayworld08

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Exclusive-Rollercoaster-Tycoon-Movie-Is-About-A-Theme-Park-Come-To-Life-18732.html

I just got off the phone with producer and director Harald Zwart, who directed the upcoming Karate Kid movie and told me all about his experience making that movie in China. At the end, though, I got in a quick question about the Rollercoaster Tycoon movie set up at Sony, which Zwart is attached to produce and possibly direct. The movie will be based on the Atari game of the same, name, in which players are challenged to build and run a theme park, but as Zwart describe it, the movie will be more like Night at the Museum meets Disney World.

"Well we had a pitch, a story-- it's basically a theme park comes to life," Zwart told me. is the idea. "We had a story woven into the theme park of the Rollercoaster Tycoon,a and that's what we sold to Sony, and that's what we're hoping to make into a movie." Zwart said the pitch is inspired by the fantasy everyone has as a kid, to be left alone in the theme park to roam freely. "Just the idea of taking a ride like in Disneyland and the rides suddenly come to life, [or] you're able to step off and stay behind when everybody else had gone."

When I told him that could be scary as well-- visions of the children from It's A Small World chasing me through the streets-- Zwart laughed and said it's a "fun scary." Sounds a whole lot like the concept behind Night at the Museum, in which Ben Stiller has fun adventures with all the exhibits at the Natural History Museum, and that makes sense-- the two Museum movies were big hits for Fox, and Sony likely wants a little bit of that cash. But what will be the things that come to life in Rollercoaster Tycoon? I can imagine some kind of wooden roller coaster assembling itself into a giant Transformer-sized monster, but it seems safer to expect something a little more cuddly and less abjectly terrifying.

^In the second one, name one of your people Elissa White.

I tried that and nothing happened. What is supposed to happen?

The peep is supposed to run to the nearest Intamin and ride it over and over again.

Just kidding, I really don't know.

It's obviously going to be a survival horror film, where the characters are constantly picked up by some unseen force and thrown in lakes, while minions of terrifying Panda Bear suited killers chase them around the park, and force them to go on unsafe rides, also...there is vomit everywhere, because the custodian just keeps cutting the GD grass

^In the second one, name one of your people Elissa White.

I tried that and nothing happened. What is supposed to happen?

The peep is supposed to run to the nearest Intamin and ride it over and over again.

Just kidding, I really don't know.

As she enters the queue for any Intamin-style ride, she says "I'm so Excited- It's an Intamin Ride!"... pretty much like in real life.