TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: "Rollercoaster Tycoon" riding to the screen

It's from the Same People who did: Open Season, Surfs Up, and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

If it's completely animated (Not 1/2 and 1/2 like Smurfs), And they have a good Punch-Up writer; I think it'll work.

Anyone, Please see "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs". It's a very funny film.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could actually be a big hit. Night at the Museum did huge business and this has a similar appeal.

I know it's hard to imagine something like RCT being transformed into a compelling narrative, but just because they're using the title of the game doesn't mean they have to deal with the constraints of the game. (If that were the case, the upcoming Battleship movie would star a bunch of plastic pegs instead of Rihanna and Taylor Kitsch.)

I do sometimes wonder why producers pay for the rights to these properties when they don't really need to. Someone could have made a "theme park comes to life" movie without involving the RCT people at all. Would have probably been way cheaper!

Resident evil is another example of a game inspired movie fail. Sorry, but they butchered that game's story line....

as to this movie, they better have the long list of breakdowns scroll down the middle of the screen accompanied by the annoying beeping noise, as for a "theme park comes to life" what does that mean exactly, they aren't going to base it off SFNO?

Out of all the games out there, I think Rollercoaster Tycoon might be the number 1 game you should NOT turn into a movie!

I could see short film/video where a virtual themepark comes to life, but not a movie, it seem like it would get boring after while. I did read this crazy Alton Towers book where these two kids live at Atlon Towers and it turns out to be magic, but if that was the movie, it would be to weird! And besides, everyone know that you if you want to make a roller coaster movie, it has to be about a mad bomber trying to blow up a Schwarzkopf!

Why would the Theme Park Come to Life? That's Nothing like the Game.

I Would make it as The Mayor of Screamscape (Cross Promotion with the website?) hiring "Elissa" (The Audience Avatar) who has to build a theme park with Scenarios that must be completed at a Certain point. Combine that with Funny dialogue, good animation, 3D, and POV's of Various Rides. Boom, There you Go.

Now THAT would be a good RCT Movie.

AND, you can't talk about a "BAD" video-game movie without Mentioning "Street Fighter- The Legend of Chun-Li"