TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Euro Disney Park Tips

Hi, This early July I will be making a trip to Paris France and will be going for 2 days to both of the Euro Disney theme parks... Anyways me and my family have been to all of the Disney Parks in Florida and California so we know what to expect and know how fastpasses and stuff like that works. However we don't know which rides to do first or general tips about the parks. We are planning a full day at both parks but we can change if we want to. If you could.. please leave some tips about lines, what rides to go to first ect... Also how should we expect the crowds to be? Thanks a lot

1pizza14

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I visited in 2008 Crush's Coaster was the one ride that got a very long line and didn't have FastPass, at least it didn't in 2008.

On one of your days you should try to get to Studios at open and rush to Tower of Terror to get FastPass' and then hustle over to Crush's Coaster. Some might even say to go to Crush's Coaster first and then get your ToT FastPass.

On the other day you should try to get a Haunted Mansion or Bug Thunder Mountain FastPass at open and ride the other attraction immediately after.

Be prepared for large crowds early July.

But still it will be enjoyable if you make use of the fastpass.

Crush still doesn't have fastpass I heard (haven't been at DLP for the past 1.5 years), so rush to Crush at parkopening. And do the other rides with fastpasses.

If you stay on site, make use of the magic hours. At the Disney park, ride Peter Pan first or at least get a fast pass for it first. The capacity of the ride is terrible and lines will be long the rest of the day. Autopia is also a very popular ride with low capacity and doesn't have fastpass. If you want to ride it, best moment will be at opening time.

If the regular line for Space Mountain is max 20 minutes, use the regular line and don't waste a fastpass on that.

For riding the other fastpass attractions, use the fastpass.

For the parades, the best (least crowded) place is somewhere between the Pizza restaurant near It's a small world and the castle (so on the right handside behind the castle when you enter the park).

If you want some pictures with characters but don't want to wait in line for it, go check out the lobby of the Disneyland hotel (entrance at the right of the gates when you arrive). Every day there is a small show with Disney characters, the last times I've been there at 4 pm (but check out the timetable leaflets you can will find on the counters of the lobby in case they changed the show time in the meanwhile). After there small show, there is ample time for pictures.

^ what about Rock and Rollercoaster and Space Mountain?? Do they usually have long lines? When i went to disney Hollywood Studios R&rollercoaster had a 3 hour wait? Should i expect the same wait times?

Last time I went was August 2008, so still school summerholidays and similar crowds.

Longest lines I've seen were 75 minutes for R'n'R and 90 minutes for SM2. But I've also seen rows of 15 to 20 minutes during the day.

Best time for short lines on R'n'R is once the Moteurs show has started.

Also look at the opening hours: the studio's park is mostly closing earlier. If you'll do the studio's as your first day, then you can still visit the main park around evening and do a lot of things. The crowds will be lighter in the last hours the park is open.

I hope crush's coaster will never get a fastpass: the queue will be enormous if that happens! But at the studio's I would first go to crush's coaster and then get fastpasses and do the other rides.

If you want to do buzz's shooting dark ride in the main park (discovery land), go for a fastpass or be there first thing in the morning. It's next to the Big Thunder Mountain the most popular ride in the main park.

Last time I went to DLP with some friends we first did the studio's, got every ride in at around 5 or 6 PM, then going to the Silver Spur in Frontier Land in the main park (near phantom manor), a really nice restaurant for dinner (maybe you'll need reservations in July, we didn't and had to wait only 10 minutes) and then doing most of the rides in the main park until 10 PM. I think if we were there on time in the morning (a lot of traffic problems and a very busy weekend due to the new character introductions), we could have done whole DLP in just one day.

If you want to do buzz's shooting dark ride in the main park (discovery land), go for a fastpass or be there first thing in the morning. It's next to the Big Thunder Mountain the most popular ride in the main park.

This is not entirely accurate, its over by Space Mountain in Tomorrowland.

This is not entirely accurate, its over by Space Mountain in Tomorrowland.

Yes you are absolutely right. I meant that Big Thunder Mountain as well as Buzz's shooting dark ride are the most popular rides at the main park. Of course: the shooting ride is at Discoveryland/Tomorrowland for the US (as I also wrote). Apologies for the wrong structure of the sentence/using the wrong words.

You are going in july, so might encounter terrible crowd's. On top of that DLR Paris has some rides with a very low capacity (what where they thinking?!?). Menghini's plan is probably a good one. I was there wiht him that day in march.

Rule #1 for any themepark is: Make the most of the hours when the park is starting to fill up with crowds, or when most people leave. So lose as little as possible time going to the bathroom, walking from ride to ride, having snacks or coffee, etc. Also, do not do shows that start shortly after park opening. Q-lines of the major rides will grow while you're watching shows, (which you wón't have to wait for anyway).

I'd say, do NOT go for Crush's coaster first. You are with a family, so you're cruising speed through the park is not that high I guess. So you will have to wait there anyway, because a lot of people have the same idea. Tower of Terror, R'n'RC, those rides will take no langer then 15 minutes eacht immediately after Park Opening. Then plan the shows and movies carefully and just deal with Crushes Q-line.

^^ I didn't say I was with kids... We have done Disney at least 10 times before so we don't goof off we go right to rides and get to them. As for Buzz I don't think I will be riding it. Also we won't be seeing to many shows as we have all seen them in Florida before.