TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Events & Kids.

CardCraze

I just had a quick question regarding the Events organized by various coaster enthusiast orginzations(ex. SFGAV Coaster Celebration).

I have the time and the money to participate in some of these events, and they look like lots of fun, but how many teenagers(16) show up? I know the rules regarding the official TPR trips(with the waivers and what not), but for the ones that are not sponsered by TPR, how many teenagers show up? I just feel I would be unwelcome .

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a quick question regarding the Events organized by various coaster enthusiast orginzations(ex. SFGAV Coaster Celebration).

I have the time and the money to participate in some of these events, and they look like lots of fun, but how many teenagers(16) show up? I know the rules regarding the official TPR trips(with the waivers and what not), but for the ones that are not sponsered by TPR, how many teenagers show up? I just feel I would be unwelcome .

Well, TPR certainly skews to a "younger" crowd with the average age probably being in the mid to late 20s. Groups like ACE and ECC events probably skew slightly older, and I would "guess" that the average age is more the mid to late 30s.

Now that doesn't mean there aren't younger people at those events, just probably not as many.

At the end of the day, if there is El Toro ERT...that's all you really need!

On a events and kids note. Have you ever considered a family type rate for events like WCB. Mainly for people with kids who are too small to enjoy ERT, and who would not be consuming mass quantities at the breakfast or lunch portion. I would love to be able to do ERT in the morning, have a couple donuts with the kids, then in that mid-day time when there isnt anything going on, hit the kids area with the wife.

Maybe a kids under whatever age or height price. You gotta figure it wouldn't mess up ERT, because they wouldn't be able to ride anyway, and with the ERT going on it would make it for both parents to get some rides in without haveing to wait in line and do a whole pain in the ass parent swap. Could conceivably even have kids ert on percy or something.

I took my (then) 13 year old cousin to Coaster Celebration a few years ago. Granted, he just hung around with me for the day and we didn't really interact with too many other people at the event. However, we had a great time. Is there someone else that would be interested in going with you?

Even if you go by yourself, ERT in the morning and at night, especially El Toro, is definitely worth it. The age range is definitely skewed toward the mid to late 30's and older, but I'm sure there will be some younger crowds there that you could tag along with. I know there is typically a few groups from gadv.com that are in their teens and into the lower 20's.