TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Election 2010 UK

Today is a big day in the UK politics world, the day of the General Election! After 13 years of a Labour government, hopefully today we shall see some change! During Labours term in power, they have introduced almost 1 law a day, from big ones like 'no public smoking' to small, petty ones like 'You can't look at a child unless you have a million background checks, are a eunuch, and are wearing a hi-viz jacket'.

So, like the American elections, today is the day for change! (but hopefully not Tory change, eugh...) Voting has been going on all day, with the first results coming in at roughly 2220 later tonight.

The predicted result is a Hung Parliament, where no party has overall majority. I don't know what this entails exactly, maybe someone can enlighten me, but it sounds like it will head for some more interesting debates in the House of Commons over the next few months until a leader is elected!

The three main parties in the running are Labour (Gordon Brown, red), Conservative, or Tory (David Cameron, blue) and the Liberal Democrats (Nick Clegg, orange)

As long as the British Nationalist Party (BNP) don't gain any seats, the election will be a good one, and if the Tories don't win a majority, even better!

So, my fellow UK TPR people, if you haven't voted yet, scoot on out to your local poling station and TICK THOSE BOXES! (no.. not those ones...)

Tune in again at 2AM to find out who wins! (I think that might be 9pm New York time, I dunno)

For those interested...

Lib Dem Manifesto here

Labour Manifesto here

Conservative Manifesto here

UKIP Manifesto here

Green Party Manifesto here

BNP Background (website is down) here

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading through those, I don't think I would vote for any of those parties. The Independence Party was probably closest to what I believe in, but some of their beliefs are not cool in my book, such as the opposition to wind farms (why?), banning burkas (it should be their choice) and requiring gov schools to make Britain look amazing (yay unbalanced nationalism). Good luck Britain, hope things work out better for you

Labour are in the lead at the moment, with 3 constituencies under their belt. Voters in Hackney are causing a riot because a load of people turned up just before the polling stations closed, leaving them standing around, unable to vote

NOOOO! I just looked up the results for where I live, we have gone Tory! Someone, hold me...

On the plus side, the BNP is yet to win any seats, after 605 constituencies, and with only 50 odd to go, I hope they stay that way!

So far the Conservatives hold the majority, but overall, we have a hung parliament. Gordon Brown is still in charge for now