TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Talking Mickey Mouse Character at Disneyland

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it.

I can only imagine the look on KT's face if Mickey started talking and interacting with her.

That being said, they better start mass producing these things cause the line is already too long to see Mickey and once word gets out this will be INSANE!!!

The very first time I saw the talking heads in a video of the WDW stage show, they seemed really creepy, but this just seemed organic and real to me, I think it's freaking awesome and would actually wait to go see Mickey if they brought in more talking heads (as it is, I don't wait for any characters)

I love it.

I can only imagine the look on KT's face if Mickey started talking and interacting with her.

That being said, they better start mass producing these things cause the line is already too long to see Mickey and once word gets out this will be INSANE!!!

I thought that exact same thing. Also, you know it would be way too expensive to do it to all the characters, so it will be even more "fun" explaining to some kids why only some of the characters talk. But it is amazing technology!

That is some awesome technology! I think that Disney will probably use these talking heads for those new and improved meet and greets in the Fantasyland expansion. Now does anyone know how they work?

Well most, if not all, of the Fantasyland new character experiences will be with "face" characters who have always talked to guests. I think there will be a some experiences at the new dining location with some of the Beauty and the Beast characters that could use this that would be cool.

This looks a bit weird but it is really cool. It certainly has many more moving parts than I've seen on any similar costumes. I'm sure that everyone will love it, so I'm avoiding Mickey's House until they have these at general park locations for character meet and greets. The only downside I could see to this would be children being upset when their favorite character won't talk to them because that costume doesn't have the technology yet.

Is this at Mickey's House right now? If so I'm gonna check this out next time I'm at the park. Also, anyone wanna meet up on June 14th for a Disneyland/DCA trip and first weekday viewing of WOC? This might be added to the list of stuff to do just cause I want to actually see it, but I can see this being awesome for most kids and it will make characters seem more real. I am very impressed. Of course, Disney has always had costume characters down, I dont see huge lines for the peanuts, the looney toons, but if you go to princess fantasy fair near toontown(ive never actually been, so I'm not sure I'm right, but I think its a themed meet and greet) the lines are like an our long.

WOW I love it also, it looks so real and natural it's like a freaking real live cartoon. Hat's off to Disney for this one I've always loved Mickey even if I'm not the biggest Disney park fan, please let there be a Donald Duck version Don Ducks my favorite

OMG that was....I had no word

it's an incredible thing and a big changing in the future of disney parks. I hope to see other character with this new talking head

(in effect, the first time those eyes are a bit freaky...)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/mickey-mouse-testing-one-two-three-testing/

Some lucky Disneyland park guests experienced a very special meet and greet with Mickey Mouse this week.

Mickey, who usually saves his voice for shows and parades, talked with guests and interacted with them in never-before-seen ways! This was part of a process we call “playtesting” as it gives us a chance to develop new concepts with our guests long before they end up in the Parks. “We’re always looking for innovative ways to let guests interact with our beloved characters,” says Disney Imagineer and head of Advanced Development Scott Trowbridge. “And we have many more surprises up our sleeves.”

Since many guests did not have an opportunity to experience this, here’s a short video that shows some of the fun.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=disneyparks_317_dkm7[/coastertube]

That's great. Although something inside of me tells me that some Tiny Tots will be a little afraid of a giant talking mouse asking for hugs. It was always my biggest fear. I didn't care if I saw them on TV every morning, I would still be afraid if they talked to me.

Unless it was Winnie the Pooh.