TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Great America and Wisconsin Dells

saginawhxc

In regards to the issue of The American Eagle only running one train on each side...it never runs more than two anymore (someone has to go sit in that little house thing near the helix if they put the 3rd trains back on). But I have never understood who that line seems inside out to me. It would be one thing if one of the trains ran backwards, but with them both going forward it seems that there should be one queue which leads to the space between the two tracks- like on Gemini

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice photos as well as some nice photo taking weather!

As for Hades... it's one crazy ride! It's fast with some good air and it throws you around a lot [in a good way]. I would suggest making a trip back up when all the rides are open.

^ Do you know when they last ran three trains? Though It's not like they need it because the next train is always in the breaks when the one is the station departs.

^Well I worked on the ride in '98 and it was only running two trains per side back then. As far as the train being back in the block breaks before the next train dispatches: keep in mind that park goers (like Americans in general) are larger on average than they were in the 80's. CCMR at CP opened with five trains and now has issues running three. Larger people often take longer to load. Plus most coasters now also have seat belts to contend with AND for some reason it seems as though many people are carrying around a lot more crap than they used to- which all needs to be stowed before they even get into the train.

Great Pictures! If you go back to the dells, I strongly suggest you hit up the Wilderness Resort- theres sooo much to do, right at your hotel. I would recommend it over any of the other "Resort" hotels in the city, including Kalahari, Great Wolf, Mt. Olympus and Chula Vista. Yeah, it's that great. But be sure to still get to Mt. Olympus to check out Hades and Poseidons rage. Oh yeah, Hellcat rocks too!