TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hello, this is tubaplayer. This is my first post on the tpr forums and I would like to start with a rct2 park that I call Nautica. I have seen several great parks on this forum and others and have finally created one that I consider good enough to be seen by a community.

In the past I have attempted to create several parks based off of a Silver Dollar City / Dollywood model without much success. For this project, I changed two things. First off, this is a significantly smaller map than some of my previous efforts. Second, instead of a large scale midwestern theme park, Nautica was conceived as an urban redevelopment project in the form of a beachfront park somewhere in the southeastern US. The theming is generally Mediterranean. The park features several rides, most notably Neptune, a large Gravity Group wooden coaster featuring several underground tunnels, and weaving around two small islands.

Pictures (hopefully these work!)

The park has no custom rides or scenery and no hacks. However I have downloaded some things since I started this and have been experimenting with 8 cars (with mixed success). There are some changes I would like to make that require me adding scenery objects that I didn't include with the map, so if anyone knows how to do this, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

tubaplayer

MOD EDIT: You'll have to use .jpg files for pictures. .png are too big, even from Imageshack. Use the and%20the tags when posting pics, so they link here.

Okay, let's try this again

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/scr10.jpg/

Entrance plaza/ garage

http://img521.imageshack.us/i/scr60.jpg/

Nautica golf

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/scr30.jpg/

Neptune station

http://img504.imageshack.us/i/scr40.jpg/

Neptune layout

Sorry about that, I'm not really a computer person. At all.

Thanks again

Tubaplayer

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I think that would coaster looks pretty fun, so...nice! The park seems to have a nice feel, though I am a little confused what theme you are going for (if you even are going for one).

Second-Just a couple bits for you to chew on.

-I don't think you should or are supposed to have a mini golf hole right out of the "station". I think the ride works better if you have at least one section of straight before going in to the hole. (that's what she said?)

-On the brake run of the wooden coaster, see how you have the diagonal scenery supports above the track? Maybe add another set that is not above the track connecting the two. The scenery just looks kind of goofy just suspended above the track.

-How is this a midwest park if it has an ocean haha?

-Plant some trees n stuff on the islands.

Great start! Look forward to following this.

First, I think that would coaster looks pretty fun, so...nice! The park seems to have a nice feel, though I am a little confused what theme you are going for (if you even are going for one).

Second-Just a couple bits for you to chew on.

-I don't think you should or are supposed to have a mini golf hole right out of the "station". I think the ride works better if you have at least one section of straight before going in to the hole. (that's what she said?)

-On the brake run of the wooden coaster, see how you have the diagonal scenery supports above the track? Maybe add another set that is not above the track connecting the two. The scenery just looks kind of goofy just suspended above the track.

-Plant some trees n stuff on the islands.

Great start! Look forward to following this.

It seems like he is going with a Greek theme, or at least, that was my interpretation of the pictures.

l4d2freak: this big

http://img175.imageshack.us/i/12730981814201.jpg/

themeparkman25: Thanks for the advice, but I think you may have misread my introduction. This is not intended to be a full sized theme park. I just meant that on previous occasions I had tried to do full sized parks and failed miserably. Perhaps you were also confused by some of the outside buildings in regards to the theming, which I admit, even within the park is not 100% consistent, and this is partially intentional. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't changed anything yet according to your tips but I do intend to.

the ghost: I was really going for a more general "Mediteranean" feel, but close .

I would also like to hear peoples opinions on this area. It's not horrible, but I think I could do better. One possibility I have considered is ripping everything out and putting either a smaller coaster or a water ride. I could also keep it as a flat ride area but just revamp it with greater amounts of theming and landscaping. What do you think?

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/12730977287301.jpg/

Once again, if anyone knows a way to edit object lists and park land after the scenario has already been saved, that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the comments.

tubaplayer

It almost seems like he's going for a park built next to a large lake. Remember, Cedar Point is pretty much a large beach and that's in the midwest.

I'll throw in my two cents on this. First off in the third picture down, the queue that's placed on the water should be raised up at least one clearance level. Water level in lakes often changes throughout the year and you wouldn't want the queue to be flooded during those times. The supports over the brake run should be connected to the ones below somehow so they are not floating, as Jordan noted. The islands should at least have some grasses and bushes if not a few trees. That should be good enough to get you started on this.

Goliath513: Once again, this is not intended to be a midwestern park. Going back to my first post

In the past I have attempted to create several parks based off of a Silver Dollar City / Dollywood model without much success. For this project, I changed two things. First off, this is a significantly smaller map than some of my previous efforts. Second, instead of a large scale midwestern theme park, Nautica was conceived as an urban redevelopment project in the form of a beachfront park somewhere in the southeastern US. The theming is generally Mediterranean. The park features several rides, most notably Neptune, a large Gravity Group wooden coaster featuring several underground tunnels, and weaving around two small islands.

Sorry if that came across as somewhat abrupt, I just wanted to make sure I was clear on that point before it got out of hand.

In response to your comments about the path on the water, I had envisioned it as a "floating" pathway on pontoons. However, I may revise it. This was actually part of the reason I wanted to change the park boundaries, so I could have more room to work.

Thank you for showing interest.

tubaplayer

I think the ride works better if you have at least one section of straight before going in to the hole. (that's what she said?)

LOL

Think the park looks nice, but since you only have a few posts, may I suggest posting the pics on TPR rather than posting links. I think that because you aren't using any cs it will be hard for you to make buildings that aren't blocky, but from a personal opinion I quite like it.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Okay, I have made some changes. What do you think?

If you like it, I may (try and fail miserably to) post it for download. It will require both expansion packs.

SCR1.bmp

I have added more landscaping to the islands

SCR3.bmp

Escape from Hades, a new water coaster featuring a tunnel under the midway and an exciting splashdown into the ocean, has been added to the park, giving the park it's first water ride and a second roller coaster

SCR4.bmp

I personally think it adds a lot more life to this area.

SCR6.bmp

I fixed the supports on Neptune's lift hill.

SCR10.bmp

I also fixed the mini golf course.

SCR12.bmp

Current Overview

I think I am almost ready to post this for download as soon as I figure out how (help please ) and make a few small changes

SCR15.bmp

First off, I have a support in the middle of this transfer track that I need to get rid of (circled in red) If anyone knows a good non-cs way of doing so (over water) that would be much appreciated.

SCR16.bmp

Second, I would like to present "the box" (again circled in red). I don't like it. Any ideas on how to make it less ugly would be great. It has to still house a couple food stalls and a restroom.

tubaplayer,

I have been following your thread. Glad to see your uploading your pictures. Now upload them in .jpg format. The .bmp format files are to big and take to long to load.

Thanks

Bob

Edited by gisco