TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bars & Stuff to do around Holiday World

Does anyone have suggestiond of bars, restaurants, and other stuff to do around Holiday World? Since this area is so small, if you think of something that is several hours away, that's cool as well. I am going with some friends and they agreed to do the amusement park thing for a few days if I agreed to party with them. The only problem is they have no idea what to do around that part of the country. Indiana Beach and Beech Bend are out for us so you can skip these in your reply. Thanks for your ideas in advance.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Partying? In Santa Claus? Uh, well...lol

Your best bet would probably be to make the hour (or so) trip to Louisville and spend a night living it up at 4th Street Live. There is always a live band playing, the Hard Rock Cafe is kicking, and the pubs sell alcohol out the wazoo.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Hard+Rock+Cafe&city=Louisville&state=KY&address=424+S+4th+St+%23+135&zipcode=40202&country=US&latitude=38.250972&longitude=-85.757475&geocode=ADDRESS&id=5402684

Have a fun trip.

Edited by DBru

I haven't been to any of these places yet, so use your own digression as to where to go and what you get out of it but the closest brewpubs and beer bars to Holiday World would be near Louisville, the closest being in New Albany. I don't know what style of bar you're looking for (neighborhood hangout, sportsbar, beer bar with lots of options, a place for mixed drinks and shots, chain restaurant vibe, pizza place, etc), but here's some places I pulled up.

New Albanian Brewing

3312 Plaza Drive

New Albany, IN 47150

Louisville offers up:

BJ's Restaurant

7900 Shelbyville Rd

Louisville, Kentucky, 40222

Bluegrass Brewing

3929 Shelbyville Road

Louisville, Kentucky, 40207

Bluegrass Brewing

636 E. Main Street

Louisville, Kentucky, 40202

Bluegrass Brewing

660 S 4th Street

Brownings Brewery

401 East Main St

Cumberland Brews

1576 Bardstown Road

Louisville, Kentucky, 40205

Flanagan's Ale House

934 Baxter Ave

Louisville, Kentucky, 40204

Indigo Joes

1321 Herr Lane Suite 130

Louisville, Kentucky, 40222

The Irish Rover

2319 Frankfort Ave

Louisville, Kentucky, 40206

O'Shea's Irish Pub

956 Baxter Ave

Louisville, Kentucky, 40204

Sergio's World Beers

1605 Story Avenue

Louisville, Kentucky, 40206

Evansville (the other direction from HW) offers up:

Turonis Pizzery & Brewery

408 N. Main St

Evansville, IN 47711

Gerst Bavarian Haus

2100 W Franklin St

Evansville, Indiana, 47712

Just be warned though, you may want to research these places for yourself to find out hours of operation and such, many of them seem to close by 12am at the latest, and may not be opened on certain days. Also, I believe Santa's Lodge still has a bar. Just standard swill on tap, but there's also plenty of liquor and it can get pretty fun with a bunch of coaster enthusiasts and locals meshing after the event.

I don't know what Google is thinking here. The Yellow Rose is a small country/western bar, not a strip club. Again, no strippers. And even if there were, I guarantee you wouldn't want any of the chicks you'll find in there to strip.

Like others have said, make the hour drive to Louisville if you still need entertainment after Holiwood Nights.

Partying? In Santa Claus? Uh, well...lol

Your best bet would probably be to make the hour (or so) trip to Louisville and spend a night living it up at 4th Street Live. There is always a live band playing, the Hard Rock Cafe is kicking, and the pubs sell alcohol out the wazoo.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Hard+Rock+Cafe&city=Louisville&state=KY&address=424+S+4th+St+%23+135&zipcode=40202&country=US&latitude=38.250972&longitude=-85.757475&geocode=ADDRESS&id=5402684

Have a fun trip.

A teenager giving advice where to drink? That can't be good! lol

Santa's Lodge has a **TINY** bar down in the restaurant area on the lower level that we have gone to before. Prices aren't bad and the weird lady working there was...interesting. It isn't a place to party, but I thought I would mention it if you wanna get a drink across the street from the park.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help so far. I think it will be best to go to Louisville after the event. We will probably go to one of the small bars near by just to see what it's like. I am sure it will be interesting.

A teenager giving advice where to drink? That can't be good! lol

Haha, I don't participate...I just know my way around that area pretty well.

Sorry, your not going to find anything fun to do in Indiana (besides Holiday World, and Indiana Beach). Indiana sucks...

I don't agree, you are not going to find many amusement parks, but there is plenty of fun to be had. You have to be able to enjoy nature. The state parks are wonderful and there is plenty of fun things to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Indiana has plenty to do, especially if you're 21. Bloomington, IN is quite an impressive city for its size. Fantastic bars, music scene, and art district. Indianapolis has a wonderful first friday event and some really unique bars as well like The Brass Ring. Yes, you guessed it, named after carousel brass rings! It's a classy-ish bar with a Piano, Black and white movies, and gangster paraphernalia and guns for decoration.

I understand 2.5 hours to B*town and Indy are a bit far from HW but the state doesn't deserve it's no fun reputation. You want an interesting night? Try walking down Kirkwood or Walnut in Bloomington on a weekend night. You'll see some crazy stuff!

Indiana might be boring as a whole but it definitely has some hot spots.

Nashville, IN is another very interesting place. You can spend a whole day there just walking into the hundreds of shops! Mmm... Nashville Fudge