TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Geocaching Thread

Mr. Starr

Does anyone else on here go geocaching?

It's basically modern day treasure hunting, where people hide and seek "geocaches" or "caches" with a GPS device. It's been in the news every once in a while, with an occasional cache being suspected as a bomb!

Here is the official website www.geocaching.com/

So far, I haven't found very many, mainly because most of the ones near me are either gone or REALLY hard to find! But basically here you can post pictures of your finds, PTR's, or interesting caches that you've discovered!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short, I used to be a sponsored downhill biker and heard rumor of some epic terrain park in the mountains in my back yard. Went huntin' for it and ended up stumbling upon a geocache thing. Kind of weird finding it (small little sucker) and missing the bike park.

I don't do this personally, but I know a few people that do, and I have it on good authority for anyone interested in geocaching that there are some scattered around the University of Delaware (Newark) campus. So if you are near the area, feel free to take a look!

Love it! Haven't had a chance to do it much recently but we always try to find a cache when we are traveling. We also have our own cache in Orlando that 100's of people from all over the world have found! If anyone has an iphone the Geocaching app is actually pretty good and great to use for spontaneous geocaching adventure!

If you ever want to know where caches are, just go to the website! Then on the left hand side there is a tab that says hide & seek a cache. That'll bring up a new page, and you can search by address or by zip code.

Cameron, I looked at Disney, and the only ones in the parks themselves are virtual caches, where you answer questions, but don't actually find a cache. But if you want to look for something in a Disney park, why not look for hidden Mickeys

• 3 months later...

YES! I geocache. I have found around 200 in just over a year. The only problem is there are no more near my house.. so we only cache while on vecation/road trips. Actually at Disneyland Paris there is an actual cache on the grounds. Not too sure how that one works.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...