TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Josh Linn

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe American fans cared.

Right after the game ended, everyone driving in Manhattan seemed to be honking their horns for the next 5 minutes. Then again if this had been the New York Yankees winning the World Series (or the Puerto Rican Day Parade) the horn honking would be still be happening.

History today as two brothers played each other in the World Cup for the first time. Jerome Boateng of Germany and Kevin-Prince Boateng of Ghana. They have been fighting due to Kevin-Prince rupturing Ballack's Achilles. Thought it was interesting.

I can't believe American fans cared.

Right after the game ended, everyone driving in Manhattan seemed to be honking their horns for the next 5 minutes. Then again if this had been the New York Yankees winning the World Series (or the Puerto Rican Day Parade) the horn honking would be still be happening.

The party for Mexico lasted longer than that out here.

I remember being in Washington in 94 when the Mexican team qualified for the knock-out round - not a huge deal, even to me as an American - and the city was full of crazy Mexican celebrators. That was my first glance into how passionate of an event the World Cup can be

It was a good run while it lasted...shame it had to end. Bradley is a moron for starting Clark and Findley though. Clark is the reason we went down 1-0 and Findley does not belong on this kind of stage. If Altidore keeps developing and the defense gets patched up by young guys, we'll be much improved come Brazil 2014.

And, since both the US and Ivory Coast are out, go Holland.