TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Josh Linn

Almost forgot.. my favorite comment from the game earlier was something along the lines of "I think a gust of wind just knocked Ronaldo over" - what a pansy

And the vuvuzelas aren't taking anything away from the games for me.

I don't think they are very distracting, but I do think they are kind of dumb

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard at work today:

Portugal should draft Ronaldo into their Olympic aquatic program, he's a better diver than soccer player.

I can't believe that N. Korea actually got a goal on Brazil; I was expecting them to lose, but part of me really wanted to see a tie or win for N. Korea. That would have been a huge blow to the Brazilian fans and players.

I just remembered the weirdest part of the North Korea-Brazil match. All the North Korea fans weren't actually Korean. They were hand selected Chinese actors to represent the North Korean fans. That just surprised me and really made me feel how lucky we are.

-COOKSTA77

At least the officiating was pretty much consistently poor for both sides. Shame that the offsides took away the winner, but it was close, and from 20+ yards away, a tough call.

The US also missed a lot of other opportunities today, so keep that in mind when dwelling on the refs. I suppose we have to hope to beat Algeria and see anything but a draw when the English play Slovenia (a Slovenian win would be wonderful!!).

How would they determine a tie-break for a 3-way tie if the goal differntial is the same?

Let's say England beats Algeria and then draws with Slovenia. The USA beats Algergia which would put all 3 teams into a 3-way tie. Now, if England and the U.S. when 1-0, everyone would have a +1 goal differential. Who would move on?

How would they determine a tie-break for a 3-way tie if the goal differntial is the same?

Let's say England beats Algeria and then draws with Slovenia. The USA beats Algergia which would put all 3 teams into a 3-way tie. Now, if England and the U.S. when 1-0, everyone would have a +1 goal differential. Who would move on?

After the points and then the goal differential I believe the next tie breaker would be the number of points earned by the teams concerned. So, if England, the U.S. and Slovenia are tied, they would take the points from the matches between them. I believe that would mean they would be tied again. So, then the next tie breaker would be the number of goals scored between the 3 times. If that ends up being tied, they would then go to the greatest number of goals for all group matches, so the Algeria games would be counted. If that ends up being tied, then it would go to a random drawing.

USA's last goal should have counted. Huge disappointment. Now I'm just hoping that we beat Algeria and England ties or loses; I'll laugh so hard when we advance and they don't.

Germany's game also pissed me off. I woke up at 4 to watch them win again, but that referee kept giving cards for every foul, and sent off Klose. Second half was awful because everyone was afraid to tackle because they'd be sent off.

I hate refs that ruin World Cup games...

Looks like FIFA is reviewing the referee from the USA - Slovenia match up. Not just on the call at the end, but on calls made throughout the game.

http://g.ca.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/source-fifa-may-sit-slovenia-u-s-referee--fbintl_ro-referee061810.html

It won't change the outcome, but it's likely he won't be working another match in that position.

To quote my friend, who is also a soccer reporter, that call against the U.S. was "just awful".

And, while it's been overlooked, not even giving Dempsey a yellow at the beginning when he elbowed the Slovenian player was a really bad call. He's lucky he didn't get sent off.

I would just like to take this opportnuity to say SUCK IT ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the top 10 upsets of world cup history. All from a tiny country with a population less than the population of football players in the current world champions.

Zane "GO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!" Williams