TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gravity Group to build coaster at Happy Valley, Wuhan, China

That drawing reminds me of something that I drew back in middle school...

Haha, I'm loving the face drawn on the larger person on the right hand track:

highfivewoodieguy.jpg.a6d5813545e3b7d7fec683692de4b5b2.jpg

Edited by Gav

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how close the gap will be between the hands of the people on both trains. If the trains travel at roughly the same speed then they can make it pretty close, maybe even so that you can touch the other people's hands like you can do on horizontal track on other coasters like Grand National.

Also interesting to see wether they will impose a height limit because taller people have taller arms.

Interesting concept, looking forward to finding out more

I'm assuming that it's a double cross over section, like what GCI does on Lightning Racer where one track crosses over the other track then ducks underneath the same track it just crossed over, and then threw in a 90 degree banking between the two cross overs. Engineering something like that isn't that much of a feat, just that it will end up using a lot of lumber unless they use steel latticework for their bents on this coaster.

If, their concept actually has the track running parallel like how one person came up on NoLimits, then that would be an engineering feat! Imagine the feeling doing that, an odd floaty feeling as the centrifugal force of going over the hill balances out with the earth's gravity. Kinda like a "sideways airtime"!

CGI needs to combine the best elements from all their coasters and create an insanely intense and exciting ride.

Taking elements such as outward banking, triple ups, the high five, fly through station, airtime, racing/dueling, overbanking curves, and good theming they could create the greatest wood coaster ever made.

I think it's cool, but I am also a bit underwhelmed by this. I did it on a coaster on No Limits a few years ago. I guess I should be excited to see it become a reality but where is the fun when I don't get the credit for the concept?

I'm not trying to be bitter, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It's real good for the Chinese and rich people who get to travel to China, but until the rest of the layout is available then I just see this coaster as a one-trick pony. I am sure Robb is scheming to disprove me.

Has TGG/MNV ever created a coaster that could be referred to as a "one-trick pony?" Seriously, I have more confidence in TGG than just about every other coaster design company out there.

I have but one question. When is the next China trip?

2012..I have a feeling that it might be the most popular trip of them all!

And really who gives a shit if it is a one trick pony ( highly unlikely ).

I wonder if this will have a maximum height so there isn't a chance for any weird accidents? Also, I wonder how fast this proposed coaster will travel through that element...*thoughts*

As long as the two trains are going at roughly the same speed which I assume they would, the only real risk would be if people grabbed each other and held on causing some issues when the trains separate.

I'm not trying to be bitter, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. It's real good for the Chinese and rich people who get to travel to China, but until the rest of the layout is available then I just see this coaster as a one-trick pony. I am sure Robb is scheming to disprove me.

Has TGG/MNV ever created a coaster that could be referred to as a "one-trick pony?" Seriously, I have more confidence in TGG than just about every other coaster design company out there.

Like I said I'm not trying to be "Debbie the Downer," but if the most exciting element is two tracks that happen to be mirror banking each other then it makes me question the rest of the ride. I am just as excited and interested as everyone else though. I just want to see the whole layout before I get too excited.

I'm not thinking Boardwalk Bullet is a very strong player in TGG arsenal. No doubt the rest of their rides deliver, and I'm actually intrigued to see what they come up with for a racer, but I also have a hard time getting excited about coasters over seas because my chances of riding them are very slim.

Like I said I'm not trying to be "Debbie the Downer," but if the most exciting element is two tracks that happen to be mirror banking each other then it makes me question the rest of the ride. I am just as excited and interested as everyone else though. I just want to see the whole layout before I get too excited.

To be fair, on some of the top coasters in the world the big feature is "It goes up, and then it goes down."

I think the element looks very cool, but it'll really be interesting to see it as part of a whole coaster and how it actually turns out. I hope it actually allows for it's namesake- it might be the closest thing to human contact some of TPR would get!

^^^ True, so I guess there's no reason for me to ever go to China to ride this thing because there are about 6 amusement parks within driving distance with roller coasters...

In all seriousness I never plan on traveling far to just go to an amusement park. In fact I am going to be in Orlando, FL all next week and it's not because of Disneyworld or Busch Gardens. I mean if we had some time it would be in the plans, but I'm going down to see my sister and go to the beach.

^^^ True, so I guess there's no reason for me to ever go to China to ride this thing because there are about 6 amusement parks within driving distance with roller coasters...

In all seriousness I never plan on traveling far to just go to an amusement park. In fact I am going to be in Orlando, FL all next week and it's not because of Disneyworld or Busch Gardens. I mean if we had some time it would be in the plans, but I'm going down to see my sister and go to the beach.

Alright, I was just pointing out that there's a difference between a simplified description of an element and how it rides. An airtime hill just goes up and down but creates an awesome feeling, and these "two tracks that happen to be mirror banking each other" might also. I'm sure China will be sad to hear you aren't coming.