TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gravity Group to build coaster at Happy Valley, Wuhan, China

Roller Coaster: unknown

Amusement Park: Happy Valley (Wuhan, Hubei, China)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Wood - Sit Down

Builder: Martin & Vleminckx Group

Designer: The Gravity Group, LLC

Categories: Twin

Length: 3914' 1" 3750'

Height: 105' 105'

Inversions: 0 0

Trains: 4 trains with 12 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 24 riders per train.

Built by: The Gravity Group, LLC

Notes: Timberliner trains.

China's third wooden roller coaster and China's first racing wooden roller coaster.

Link

Although, I'm not sure how well they'll race as they have two different lengths.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about this: 90 Degrees... WHILE RACING! IMO 10x better than regular.

Seriously though, it's AWESOME that The Gravity Group is putting more coasters out there. Their current designs are already astounding and filled with floater airtime. I just can't wait to see where GG takes racing coasters.

China built their first wooden coaster last year, and now they're going to have 3 (well 4 if you count both sides) *probably* world class woodies in the near future. It really makes me want to figure out some way to get out there! I must say though, the concept of a dueling TGG woodie does sound mighty fine.

• 2 months later...

Press release from Martin & Vleminckx:

HIGH FIVE!!!

The latest Wood Roller Coaster element HIGH FIVE will be delivered by Martin & Vleminckx to the new OCT Park in Wuhan, China. This is the second delivery for MVR to OCT, the first being the first Wood Roller Coaster ever in China and the most popular ride in the newly opened OCT Shanghai Park.

Working closely with their design and engineering partners The Gravity Group, MVR is creating innovative elements for Wood Roller Coasters that bring new and exciting additions to the historical Wood Roller Coaster. This is just the beginning for new innovations to come from MVR!

The delivery to OCT Wuhan will be the first Racing Wood Roller Coaster in Asia and the track length will be twice that of the Fireball delivered to OCT Shanghai. Completion of the new Racing Woodie is planned for late summer, 2011. It will be ready for the park opening in late 2011.

The rolling stock Timberliner is the latest State of the Art Wood Roller Coaster trains from MVR’s partner Gravity Kraft. These new Wood Coaster trains are fitted with the latest ergonomic seat restraints which eliminate the need for the traditional seat belts in Wood Roller Coasters and creates the opportunity to do elements like the HIGH FIVE. The new restraints also substantially increasing capacity. The Timberliner trains are the Platinum Standard for Wood Roller Coasters.

Hot of the drawing table is the attached sketch of the HIGH FIVE element and as the ride develops more will come on this exciting element which brings a new dimension to a Racing Coaster.

Stand by! At this year’s IAAPA show in Orlando, Martin & Vleminckx will introduce another first for the Wood Roller Coaster market! MVR is the leader in the Wood Roller Coaster field and is continuing to expand the horizon for Woodies. MVR is the WOOD ROLLER COASTER PRO delivering the latest and greatest wood roller coaster innovations to the amusement industry!

high_five.jpg.7e75d80959ab0bd6ed4332141534df01.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

That looks like a really great, fun concept!

I'm curious how they'll arrange the tracks before/after this element since the natural movement would cause the tracks to curve towards each other. (notice how the track doesn't continue at the bottom of the sketch)

What a cool idea for an element! Its amazing what these coaster companies come up with!

That looks like a really great, fun concept!

I'm curious how they'll arrange the tracks before/after this element since the natural movement would cause the tracks to curve towards each other. (notice how the track doesn't continue at the bottom of the sketch)

I'm guessing the tracks would just overlap, one over the other before the element, and the opposite after the element.