TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gravity Group to build coaster at Happy Valley, Wuhan, China

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The MF Trains didn't help at all. The ride is so beat to hell it just kills you. You could slap a lazyboy/Intamin train on it and it would still destroy your body. My ride on Lion at Busch Gardens Bash was in my top 5 worst wooden coaster rides EVER.

Gwazi is my only option for a wooden coaster in my area. I haven't been on a decent wooden rollercoaster since 2006. Personally I think Gwazi is pretty good, but if what you say is true, I can't wait to ride the holy grail of wooden coasters when I visit some other parks this summer. I didn't realize it was that bad compared to other coasters.

That's what I'm hoping. My main concern is the weather. I could miss out on a lot of major credits if they don't run in the cold. UK parks are terrible for bad weather operations but I've heard very little on Chinese and Korean parks. I'm hoping to visit, Happy Valley, World Joyland, Everland and Lotte World at least and i can imagine the weather closing down a few major rides.

Although I shall also be at the Harbin Ice Festival (where i believe Disney have a showing again this year) and the local park there has an SLC rip off... As the average temp there in January is -13c (8.6f) during the day and -25c (-13f) at night I'd LOVE to see if they have theirs running

^If it helps, I know a few years ago we were talking with the Korean parks about roller coaster operations during the winter and they will not guarantee, but they try to run what they can as long as the temperature is above freezing and it's not snowing. Don't know if that's changed at all, but that's what we were told back then.

As far as the SLC Rip Off in sub-freezing weather...well...it's not like it could get much worse right?!

It has snowed recently in Seoul but I'm hoping for a late christmas present from santa. Cant beat a B&M Flier, Intamin Mega Lite and Intamin Woodie for a good line up

That is if i survive the SLC.... maybe the ice will fill in all the potholes in the track and make the ride good? you never know.

I didn't realize how terrible Gwazi was until I rode El Toro.

I guess my mom did have a reason to be shaking after she rode it...

You could have rode any Intamin steel coasters and gotten the same effect as El Toro. Toro and the Intamin Plug n plays are special in their design. They will ride just like a steel coaster and at heart, thats what it is. It even rides on poly coated wheels, something no regular wooden coaster does not to mention the computer controlled and fabricated track as well and the trains/wheels. Its more like a steel hyper disguised as a woodie. Makes for a fantastic product but comparing to a traditional woodie its hard to do - at least for me.

You could have ridden any other newer GCI and then that statement would be smack dab on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know when this park is scheduled to open? I had heard that it will be "officially" opening in May. But how about a soft opening? I have a break coming up at the end of March. If there is a rumor of a soft opening, maybe I will go to Wuhan to check it out!

• 2 months later...

Upon closer inspection of the picture previously (twice) posted from GCI's Facebook page, I don't think they're quite ready to test the other side of the track yet....see inside the red rectangle. Looks to be some temporary cross track supports, or some new fangled Chinese block system

381203_10150474641549028_45279469027_8716180_538270629_n.jpg.5f9ac04934ed4c708f7867873a2b4bdb.jpg

Yeah, this type of block system, might cause a problem.

^ you do know that this was/is an old picture (2011) and that (according to RCDB) the ride has already opened???

Okay, so I have my first snafu post. No I didn't realize that the ride had already opened. I'm usually careful about checking dates on posts. I'll blame this one on lack of sleep. Peace.