TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gravity Group to build coaster at Happy Valley, Wuhan, China

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The concept art for the ride showed PTCs, so I'm not surprised. Considering the size of the investment for these coasters, maybe it was just cheaper for them to stick with PTCs this time around.

Or Timberliners were not an option when this was all planned out

It was announced that it would use Timberliners in the original press release.

• 2 weeks later...

It does scare me a bit seeing those PTC's on it though. It would have looked so much better with the Timerliners.

I remember reading this a few months back. I wonder if there were issues. Definitely good to see this testing though.

From screamscape.

2011 - Racing / Dueling Wooden Coaster - (9/1/11) In a very strange twist, PTC has posted on their Facebook page that they have begun production on four new coaster trains for the OTC Wuhan racing coaster in China. When the coaster was first announced, a key feature was said to be in the inclusion of the Gravity Group Timberliner trains. While I know Holiday World held off an extra year before adding Timberliner trains to The Voyage coaster in Indiana (USA) the Timberliner trains have been a surprise hit at Quassy this past summer on the Wooden Warrior coaster. So anyone know what happened in Wuhan to change their mind?

Edited by beatle11

It does scare me a bit seeing those PTC's on it though. It would have looked so much better with the Timerliners.

Timberliners are an abomination. They look like they were designed for Space Mountain and don't belong on any wooden coaster.

^You can think that all you want, but if they track better than a PTC I'd much prefer them!

There are obviously coasters being built that PTC Trains can't handle. My worry is, this is one of them.

Oh this is definitely one of them!!! PTC's just shuffle around everywhere on rides like this, which results in the track getting destroyed. Why they haven't changed the design of their trains since they have basically been around confuses me.

I have a feeling we will only be seeing Timberliners on smaller coasters for the time being. I would even say that until we see them on Voyage (which may never happen) or at least test successfully on a larger coaster, that we won't see them on anything huge. It almost seems like the Timberliners are too "fragile" for larger coasters...

Timberliners are an abomination. They look like they were designed for Space Mountain and don't belong on any wooden coaster.