TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gravity Group to build coaster at Happy Valley, Wuhan, China

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

This coaster looks amazing and I love wooden racing coasters, just adds to the fun!

Shameless Plug...

This coaster and park will be featured on the TPR 2012 China Trip!

Details coming soon!!!

Not shameless at all...lol...Believe me I think many people including myself cant wait for the 2012 trips to be announced

That was fairly gasp-worthy. Not cool.

Hope everyone gets their rides in soon. These coasters have approximately three years till they start beating the crap out of you.

(Okay, so maybe I'm slightly overreacting. But still. This is quite a bummer.)

^The concept art for the ride showed PTCs, so I'm not surprised. Considering the size of the investment for these coasters, maybe it was just cheaper for them to stick with PTCs this time around.

I assume they used PTCs for the concept art because it was either that or Millennium Flyers (since it was with NoLimits if I remember correctly), and they preferred not showing MFs.

In any case, the original announcement touted Timberliners:

Hot off the presses – ride on the brand new animation of the racing coaster at Happy Valley in Wuhan, Hubei, China. This massive racing and dueling roller coaster is the first to feature the “high five” element, in which riders are banked completely toward each other at the top of a hill. Each track will feature two of the new and revolutionary Timberliner trains. It is set to be completed in the fall of 2011.

thegravitygroup.com/gravitycast/from-the-iaapa-expo-brand-new-video-of-happy-valley-wuhan-racer/

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of an update on this park shows construction of several new rides and some interesting concept art.

Not sure what this tower is but I assume given the positioning it is either the Maurer Sky Loop or whatever the tower at the far end of the boardwalk is in the next photo.

Some awesome looking themeing here but does anyone know what that tower at the end of the boardwalk is?

This image shows the new S&S launched coaster is a mirror image of the new Bullet Coaster at the Happy Valley in Shenzhen and also shows the parks Vekoma Mine Train with some very odd themeing in the bottom right.

Source: http://www.vhcoasters.com