TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Evacuated from Disney's Nemo Ride!

timfar

How cool. Free food and Fastpasses. I wonder if the compensation was based on the fact that you were stuck in a confined space for so long. I know some people would get a little claustrophobic on the ride and some kids might panic thinking they are stuck under water. All I got was a Fastpass after being evacuated from Splash Mountain.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty Awesome! I got evacuated from Splash Mountain a couple of times, but we were some of the last riders of the night so they just guided us to the exit. We got stuck on the block breaks right before the drop inside. Dang those logs are hard to get out of! We were deep inside the ride, so we had a walk out. It was pretty cool to get within inches of the animatronics I also thought it was crazy that the back of the ride is just a big wall. I mean I knew they weren't gonna theme backstage, but it was pretty trippy=o All in all, still my one of my favorite rides in Disneyland, even though the "magic" was somewhat lost

Those are some neat pictures. I'm glad you posted them because the other day, for no apparent reason, I got to thinking about how you'd do an evacuation on that ride. I've only ever gotten evacuated from Volcano after a rollback. They came by with a little platform and I got to walk inside smurf mountain for approximately 10 seconds before being back at the station.

LOL I totally agree that it looks like some deep underground lair! Were there sharks with laser beams in that water?

All I can think of now is "Are those frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads!!"

This reminded me of a former co-worker who told me years ago about being evac-ed from Pirates of the Caribbean and ending up coming out of there somewhere over by the monorail. That seemed strange. Interestingly, he left the company we worked at and went to work for Walt Disney Imagineering. Unfortunately, I lost touch with him shortly after that.

Eric

This reminded me of a former co-worker who told me years ago about being evac-ed from Pirates of the Caribbean and ending up coming out of there somewhere over by the monorail. That seemed strange.

This doesn't seem remotely plausible.

This reminded me of a former co-worker who told me years ago about being evac-ed from Pirates of the Caribbean and ending up coming out of there somewhere over by the monorail. That seemed strange.

This doesn't seem remotely plausible.

It's the part of the monorail beam that's between Downtown Disney and Disneyland. By Indiana Jones, if you saw it from the parking lot trams.

Out of curiosity... does anyone know how they evacuate you if you're in the outdoor, open water part of the ride?

I asked a CM one time and they said they have to evacuate people five at a time into boats and then bring you over to the dock and continue until they are done with the entire sub. He did mention that the whole process takes about an hour per sub due to the process...

First off: Hi Robb, I'm Heeeere! (Yeah, took me long enough.)

Out of curiosity... does anyone know how they evacuate you if you're in the outdoor, open water part of the ride?

That one I know - and no, there are no inflatable sharks involved. If at all possible, they try to jockey the subs that are in your way to get you either into the caverns and the catwalk, or back to the dock.

But if you are out in the lagoon in the sub that has broken down or derailed, and they can't figure out a way to get your sub moved to the dock... Prepare to take a dinghy ride.

Been there, Seen that, not all that special.

Questions for the OP: Did they have you climb through the "handrail" wire-ropes, or did they take down a section to make a gap? Gangplank across the gap, or just a helping hand?

And BTW, what they handed you is a Bump Cap, not a Hard Hat - it's only made to keep you from bonking yourself in confined spaces like that low ceiling, and they are cheap enough to give away as souvenirs if they want. (The impact resistance standards for hard hats are much more stringent.)

--<< Bruce >>--

That one I know - and no, there are no inflatable sharks involved.

Ah, but inflatable sharks would be so much fun! I could just imagine 40 tourists swimming around the lagoon on inflatable sharks... that would be such a sight.

Questions for the OP: Did they have you climb through the "handrail" wire-ropes, or did they take down a section to make a gap? Gangplank across the gap, or just a helping hand?

--<< Bruce >>--

I had to ask my wife about this, because I couldn't remember, but it was just a helping hand. We had to step over a small gap between catwalk and submarine.

Thanks for the info ('bump cap').

• 2 months later...
Wow! Thanks for posting that! It's probably been 20 years since I've walked around inside that building. Looks pretty much the same!

--Robb "Still haven't been on the Disneyland version of the Nemo ride..." Alvey

all of the areas they walked through are the newer portion of the ride that they had built they only kept a little bit of the old attraction

Last fall I got walked off of the Autopia from way out in the middle of it (got an exit pass for any attraction for the inconvenience). I thought getting to walk along the Autopia track was cool enough, but your experience totally ruled over mine. Honestly, I'm surprised no one told you not to take pictures---and thanks for doing so. I've always wondered what it looked like in there.

Eric

I am quite surprised also. It might be because I am a cast member, but I would get in so much trouble if I were taking pictures. Of course, I dont work in attractions, so that might ave something to do with it. There is SO much happening backstage that non cms dont know about Disney. For example, does any non cm know what the toon town mountains actually are?

^^I've been back there when I went to the park to perform with my high school orchestra, so I've seen quite a bit of Disney behind-the-scenes. When I was there, they wouldn't even let anyone have a camera of any kind (video, still, digital, cell-phone, film, etc.) out of a bag at any time. We were warned that taking pictures would lead to an immediate ejection from the park and possible school discipline as well, so I'm surprised people being evacuated from rides aren't told not to take pictures as soon as a cast member sees a camera out.