TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray

Are you interested in Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray?

• Yes! I own a Blu-Ray Player and I'd order right now if I could!
    • Yes! However I do NOT currently own a Blu-Ray player, but plan on getting one soon.
    • No. I DO own a Blu-Ray Player, but I'm not interested. I'll post my reasons below.
    • No. Because I do NOT own a Blu-Ray Player.
    • No. Because of the other reasons I've posted below.

^^ If you look around you can usually get most new release Blu Ray's for no more than $15. Amazon usually has REALLY good deals on new releases. Or if your willing to shop around a little, even less. For example, I got both of the Toy Story movies on Blu Ray for $16 total at Target using a coupon for Disney Rewards that took me 60 seconds to find and print.

I haven't paid more than $18 for any Blu Ray.

Exactly. Case in point, Amazon is currently selling the Avatar DVD/Blu-Ray combo for $19.99. That's 50% off the original price.

Robb, here is my answer your question you posted when quoting my post a page or two ago. Yes, most new releases are that expensive, but with a little patience and smart shopping, you'll NEVER have to pay that much. You don't have to wait long at all to see an occasional "hot" title pop up on that $10-$15 shelf, or find a good deal somewhere. They are out there all the time. In no way was I suggesting you charge $10 for a RAW Blu-Ray (if you did, you'd most likely be hemorrhaging money after only a short while), I was just pointing it out for anyone in doubt about Blu-Rays because of cost.

I'm sure there are deals out there for select Blu-Ray discs if you look hard enough.

There is just *NO WAY* we will be able to offer this Blu-Ray for less than $24.99. It would be a very small limited run as of right now. Each disc has to be burned on my personal computer which takes 2 hours per disc. Then I have to hand put them together, package, and ship.

Unfortuantely, TPR just does not have the mass-production facilities of Amazon or Wal-Mart, nor the high public demand of a film like Avatar.

And therefore, that is why the price is $24.99.

If you want a "deal" on the RAW Blu-Ray.... Join Club TPR!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'd love to watch RIT RAW in Blu-Ray quality. I do not own a Blu-Ray-Player but they are quite cheap overe here in Germany. So I think I really will buy one in the next few months, christmas at the latest.

But the 25 bucks for one dvd are quite much, imo. I understand why you cannot sell them under that price, Robb, but... 25 bucks for a single disc. I don't know.

But the 25 bucks for one dvd are quite much, imo. I understand why you cannot sell them under that price, Robb, but... 25 bucks for a single disc. I don't know.

Well, like I said. The other option is simply not doing it at all.

When I look like websites like Best Buy and see that most Blu-Ray discs still retail between $22 - $34 I think our price point is just right.

I'm just not about to do something which is going to create MORE work for us and TPR and sell it at or below our cost. That just doesn't make any sense.

I think those Blu-Ray's you're seeing for $10 - $15 are what stores call "Loss Leaders." We just don't have that luxury to be able to sell them at such a low price.

And at my local stores, when I see Blu-Ray's for $10 - $15, it's this kind of god awful CRAP:

photo.jpg.fdb67032c9f2b7407753e5745b2e648a.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Robb, I agree with your point of view on the price that BR will cost, only because of the work your gonna have to create a blu-ray, but if you have time to made one for me of course i'm gonna spend money for that so High Quality video you provide, not any other website coasters "pro" can offer that!

Gonna be a TPR member also with the 10 dollars off the price is a good idea!

Thanks to you.

PS : sorry for my english, hope you'll understand

Why do all discuss about the price? $25 is a good price for what we all get from Robb!

Did you ever buy a Blu-Ray Burner, the Software you need to produce good movies in HD, the PC who can handle this and don´t forget the quality Full HD Cams Robb uses to get the pictures! And don´t forget, you never find such good and with quality taken POV videos WITH PERMISSION, like Robb does; and he invests a huge time to do that all for himself and for SHARING WITH US! He don´t have to!

While that is not enough, he now will spent much time with burning this material (ONE BURNE TAKES 2 HOURS!) and buys the Blu-Rays, the case and the rest of the material for doing it. He doesn´t get such cheap costs in buying that as a private person, like the huge movie produciton companies does get...

He could add some extra pay for doing it in his leisure, but he doesn´t! Would you really say 25$ is too much!?

Watch all these Blu-Ray stuff for about $19, the most of them aren´t really Full HD material, until know! You´ll get Full HD COASTERS IN THE RAW!!! Not that Crap stuff like in the picture below

AND... IF YOU WILL JOIN THE CLUB TPR YOU´LL GET THIS GREAT BLU-RAY FOR ABOUT $15!!! THAT´S $4 BELOW THE PRICE YOU WISHED IN THIS TOPIC!!! (OK, you have to use your $10 dollar TPR Coupon Code)

So don´t start to complain...

Edited by Ledgy

I downloaded two of the RAW videos with my Club TPR credit, just to sort of confirm what I already suspected--which is that I don't really care for them. I find endless coaster footage dull and monotonous. Whereas the Expedition videos I can watch over and over. Combine this with the fact that I don't own a Blu-ray player and have no plans to get one (it just seems like a bunch of videophile nonsense to me), and there's little doubt as to where I stand.

There seems to be plenty of support for it based on the poll results so far. But, for me, I'd rather Robb spent that time on something else. Anything else.

/Nothing against Robb's efforts. Just not my thing.

I say no and agree with Erik. It's still a movie, ones just slightly better and more expensive than the other. Because most people seem to think than expensive and new equals better, they get it anyway and immediately slam the previous competitor.

But Robb, it's not fair to only release the new footage in HD. Then those who don't have, or have no wish to acquire a Blu-Ray player won't get to enjoy the new footage. You should release them in SD too so that people don't feel left out.

EDIT: Sorry Robb! Won't happen again.

Edited by themeparkologist

But Robb, it's not fair to only release the new footage in HD. Then those who don't have, or have no wish to acquire a Blu-Ray player won't get to enjoy the new footage. You should release them in SD too so that people don't feel left out.

Can you do me a favor and please READ the thread before you post next time? This was already addressed about 3 or 4 pages ago.

Thank you!

--Robb

Well, like I said. The other option is simply not doing it at all.

When I look like websites like Best Buy and see that most Blu-Ray discs still retail between $22 - $34 I think our price point is just right.

I'm just not about to do something which is going to create MORE work for us and TPR and sell it at or below our cost. That just doesn't make any sense.

I think those Blu-Ray's you're seeing for $10 - $15 are what stores call "Loss Leaders." We just don't have that luxury to be able to sell them at such a low price.

And at my local stores, when I see Blu-Ray's for $10 - $15, it's this kind of god awful CRAP:

Should I feel embarrassed that I like at least 2 of those movies pictured?

• 2 weeks later...