TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray

Are you interested in Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Roller Coasters in the RAW on Blu-Ray?

• Yes! I own a Blu-Ray Player and I'd order right now if I could!
    • Yes! However I do NOT currently own a Blu-Ray player, but plan on getting one soon.
    • No. I DO own a Blu-Ray Player, but I'm not interested. I'll post my reasons below.
    • No. Because I do NOT own a Blu-Ray Player.
    • No. Because of the other reasons I've posted below.

Seriously, once you go HD, you won't go back! That goes for Robb and those who are undecided whether to invest in the new technology!

Keep in mind, however, you should have a screen larger than 32" to really notice a difference. Also, for the record, 720p is also considered to be HD. It's similar to 1080i, but as the footage with 720p is not interlaced, it is more suited for fast-moving footage.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose no because:

1. I do not own a Blu-Ray player (although I may be getting on in the not too distant future aka within a year)

2. I already have all the Raw DVDs and don't really want to pay more for segments I already have access too.

3. I don't watch the Raw DVDs that much. When I got them, I watched them all through once non-stop over a week long period (one disk per day), but now I tend to only watch selected segments, and usually only right before I am visiting that park (or a park with a similar attraction). Compare this to the Coaster Expedition DVDs, where I think I have watched every segment on all thirteen disks at least three times since I got it (even the latest one).

I'm assuming that all the segments on Raw Blu-Ray will probably end up on Raw 5 or a later volume, so I see no reason to get it even if I do get a Blu-Ray player. That being said, if I do get a Blu-Ray player and future Raw volumes with all new material are released in that format, I would definitely be interested in those.

Also ,if your computer monitor is at least 1920x1080 (the minimum resolution for true hd) you probably own a blu-ray player as well.

Quite the contrary. I built the computer myself, just didn't have the funding for a Blu-Ray drive to go in it at the time. The computer acts as a media center, with the TV tuner (DVR) hooked up to the HD cable box, meaning all my shows are recorded in full HD on the computer, then played back the same way. It's basically a big tease for when I can finally get the Blu-Ray drive to go in it and start watching movies in HD as well.

Someday the technology will be there for downloadable HD movies, and when that day comes I will be a happy man. I mean, it's possible, but the internet just has to catch up.

-Jon Roost

Robb, great idea but not for me. Way easier to just download, than wait a week or four for the post to arrive from the States.

But in saying that, would be more than happy to buy one at an TRP Club event.

I'm quite a Blu-ray fan(boy?) now - sorry if someone's already posted this before, but the only real concern I'd have is that I don't believe my Sony BDP-S350 player is multi-region. As I live in England I'm not sure if that would be a real problem (unless I can "hack in" some code via the remote to update my player to play all region discs). (I seem to remember reading that the, now defunct, HD-DVD format was not regionalised but that's rather irrelevant now as I waited for the format war to end this time round!) - I only bought my machine really as it came with four free discs from Blockbuster and 2 mail-in ones which I never managed to apply for successfully online.

If the above regional thing is not an issue then I'm all for the new technology; I now have over ten Blu-ray discs and I must say I never thought I'd be that converted. I view them on a 42 inch Panasonic plasma so maybe that might improve things (even Disney discs look great to me, and the extras are quite appealing too in my opinion).

Regards

Martin (UK)

I really do Like the sound of this and i am ready to order now

I am not a huge fan of Rollercoasters in the Raw as i prefer Coaster expedition so i would love to see some of them on Blu-Ray, But i am definitely getting this when it comes out!

Thanks

George "I WANT IT NOW" Reason

I had to pick no for other reasons,

Region code!!! USA code and Europe code don't mix. Although I have region free DVD players, I only have 1 blu ray player and it's Europe coded...

But I am sure enough US and region free player owners will vote YES.

I had to pick no for other reasons,

Region code!!! USA code and Europe code don't mix. Although I have region free DVD players, I only have 1 blu ray player and it's Europe coded...

But I am sure enough US and region free player owners will vote YES.

There won't be any region encoding on the Blu-Ray.

--Robb

I think Yahtzee said it best: "I've never found myself saying, 'oh, Army of Darkness is a glorious celebration of boyish fantasy violence but if only the resolution was a wee bit bigger it could be significantly improved.' I'm not a connoisseur, but for me there's really not enough visible difference between Blu-Ray and DVD quality for Sony to credibly argue that it's the next big advance."

I'd say I agree.