TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR - Mini Europe Trip

I love the looks Tonnere De Zeus. It is the ultimate stereotpye CCI out and back/ twister. Also, I love how the end of the rie becomes a terrain coaster, it reminds me of boulderdash! Awesome TR of a park I really want to get to someday, maybe with TPR in the future.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! Thanks for posting such an amazing photo TR of Parc Asterix. Looks like a great place to spend a day, you actually made me want to travel to France and visit this park. I love Goudurix's new yellow and red paint job, how long ago did that happen? And Tonnerre de Zues and the Bobsled coaster both look amazing, I personally think the world needs more bobsled roller coasters.

Thanks all...

No Benny I did not ride the logflume cause my friend doesn't like waterrides especially when it's cold outside.

^

I think the paintjob happened 1 or 2 years ago but I'm not sure it sure looked good.

---Hans

Great TR!

Actually, Walygator and Parc Asterix are not owned by the same company. When Star Parks was sold to Compagnie Des Alpes, two parks were not included in the sale: Movie Park Germany, which just got sold by Star Parks to Parque Reunidos and Walibi Lorraine. Walibi Lorraine was purchased by carnival rides owners. The Le Douarin brothers owned some carnival rides and are from the area the park is in, so they jumped on it and bought it.

They renamed it to Walygator, repainted the park and started installing carnival rides. Monster was purchased in a hurry, litterally and the brothers had to scramble to find financing to install it!

Some pictures on rcdb seems to suggest the repaint and retheme to Goudurix was done in 2007, so I'm guessing it was then, looks quite nice what they have done to it, I thought it was an ok ride, didnt find anything wrong with it to be honest,I've ridden far worse coasters than that

the coaster you mentioned you missed??I'm guessing you mean Ronde des Rondins,the small kiddie coaster, YES its a little bugger to find if you dont know where to look, and it is VERY EASILY missed. On my first ever visit to the park, I complety forgot about it, but rode it when I went again, Also its not very clearly posted on the park map either if I remember. From memory, I think its in the forest of the druids area if I remember, and you have to go up an uphill path which looks like a dead end, but its not and thats where it is, Its hard to explain, and I think rcdb have directions posted to the coaster,lol

For the Goudurix roller coaster, it was repainted last year for the 20 years of the park.

In the park, you also have a lot of good water rides (one of the best flume ride) and some good shows like "Main Basse sur la Joconde" (stunt show) witch received an award in 2003.

The mad house is particular because of the screens in the main show and with its 3 pretshows with water, 3D screens and annimatronics.

This is a vidéo of the main show :

In summer, you also have every saturday for the "Nocturnes Gauloises" a firework :