TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Six Flags parks to open Studio 6F

http://www.sixflags.com/national/footernav/sixflagsblog.aspx

Places I thought I would hang out in if they were real: The Max on "Saved by the Bell", Central Perk on "Friends", Paddy’s Pub on "It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and Cheers on…well, on "Cheers." I just always liked the idea of being a regular where someone knows my drink before I even order it. Well, for you Season Pass holders, we found your new summer hangout – Studio 6F.

Studio 6F has officially opened at St. Louis, Fiesta Texas, Over Texas and soon to be at Magic Mountain. 6F is THE new spot at Six Flags to listen to music, play video games, get a caffeine kick or just hang out. With Touch Tunes, you play the DJ and spin the music you want to hear. At the Wii station you can challenge your friends to a game of tennis or Mario Galaxy. And at Fiesta Texas and Magic Mountain, there’s even a full espresso bar where you can spend hours in a chair or just pop in quick to recharge. In an attempt to invent my own recharge drink, I landed on what I’ve dubbed "The Déjà Vu" which is three shots of espresso and a Red Bull. I haven’t slept in four days but it’s done wonders for my productivity. And, because you’ll probably need some new shoes to go with your energy drink, we’ve got plenty of shopping at 6F, as well. Clothing from Roxy/Quicksilver, Hurley and DC is available at all locations. No need to lug them around the park either – they’ll be waiting for you at the exit when your day’s over. Finish up at the 6F photo booth to put you and your friends on the cover of a magazine. I chose Men’s Fitness cause I love irony.

So enjoy going where everybody knows your name. Do me a favor and order the Déjà Vu. I’m really trying to get that thing on the menu.

studio6f_1.jpg.095a349bb3d0b07391a2c457b1d4890f.jpg

studio6f_2.jpg.305104f85d4be68db8c401ff6e5701b8.jpg

studio6f_3.jpg.1ff3ff42706c589fc50aace1061e46f1.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Notice though that now they will hold your purchases for you at the exit, so you don't have to haul around merchandise with you. Nice to see the focus on customer service still improving.

The studio 6F store here at Fiesta Texas opened back in Mid- March, its very cool, much like walking into a Hollister store. Lots of atmosphere, music, the aroma of delicious coffee, and lots of really cool video screens. Its in Spassburg, right across from Bugs White Water Rapids.

I think its a great idea. By catering to season pass holders, giving them an atmosphere that is fun and allows some down time during a busy day at an amusement park, you encourage more return visits AND encourage them to spend more time at the park which can result in more in-park spending.

Seems like a very neat idea for the guests and park. Hopefully it works out well and it will make an appearance at more parks in the next couple years.

I haven't had the chance to make it out SFoT this year yet but I remember them speaking about it on their Facebook page. I thinks its a good idea. I would like the chance, especially during a hot Texas summer day, while at the park and kick back and chill a bit in a relaxing atmosphere and enjoy some AC. Sometimes I bring some non-riders, or as I call them, my "bag o crap holder" with me. It is nice to have an area they could sit and chill while their waiting for me. I think its a nice addition to the park!!

Some parks have been selling "mall brand" clothes for years... I personally don't see what the big issue is or why it would come off as a bad idea to anyone. A nice air conditioned place to sit down for a while, maybe drink a bit of coffee, maybe shop a bit between the existing experience of standing outside in the sun all day waiting in lines.

I just realized that with Q-Bot this an even better idea. You're waiting for your time to ride a certain ride? Why not kill some time in the nice air conditioned lounge where you can buy clothes and drinks from us?

For SFMM at least, it seems like a "cyber cafe" for the back half of the park, the only difference is that this one will have clothes and Wii instead of computers.

They gotta try something though - Attitudes was stale about 5 years ago. I'm sure I will stop in once it opens to check it out. But judging by the progress on Sunday, opening day for the SFMM location is still a ways off.

Notice though that now they will hold your purchases for you at the exit, so you don't have to haul around merchandise with you. Nice to see the focus on customer service still improving.

Not sure if this is true with other Six Flags parks, but SFMM has been doing this for years.