TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland trip on 5/21/10

jbarner14

I was planning on visiting Canada's Wonderland for the first time on May 21. I just realized though that it is physics, science, and math day. Does anyone know how busy the park is on this day? Will I be able to get in all of the credits?

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Pretty much anytime once schools get out the park gets packed. A weekday in July should be very busy. I would expect 45 minute to 1 hour+ waits.

I was planning on visiting Canada's Wonderland for the first time on May 21. I just realized though that it is physics, science, and math day. Does anyone know how busy the park is on this day? Will I be able to get in all of the credits?

I went once a few years ago on physics day. I can't remember exactly, but I remember it being a little busy for that time of the year, but not insanely busy. It is still early in the year, so it shouldn't be too insane. Plus, I'm not sure what time the park is open to at that time of year, but I'd imagine the school groups should start clearing out mid-evening.

Thanks. Do the lines get worse/better on certain rides as the day progresses? What is the best way to tour the park if I get there at opening? I'm thinking of getting on Time Warp right away (I really liked Rye's Volare, so I want to try this one too). After, I was thinking of hitting Vortex. Then I would hit Sledge Hammer, Behemoth, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and then just go around in a loop.

Time Warp is a decent ride to get out of the way first as it's really low capacity.

Behemoth probably will have longer waits at opening, as many people will go there first.

For the most part you might find the waits to be consistently long throughout the day. CW is a really popular park, so it will probably be packed.

Thanks. I also just found this site (http://canadas-wonderland.coasterq.com/) that I think I'll use this summer just to check on the wait times so that I have a plan of what to do once I get there.

Three more questions:

1) Do most, if not all, of the coasters allow one to pick their seat or is there assigned seating?

2) Which rides, if any, have single rider lines?

3) The water park is not worth visiting if I only have one day at the park, right?

I've volunteered at Math, Physics, and Science day for the past two years.

Most schools leave around 2:00pm, leaving the park dead for us volunteers to go on the rides.

Last year me and a friend rode Behemoth 8 times in the front, longest wait was probably about 20min.

Also, most rides have gotten rid of their single rider line due to complaints from guests. Most find it unfair that people who are alone get to ride faster (I wish I was joking)

^Thanks for the response. I was a little worried about it being too busy but I guess I need not worry. I hope that I'm able to get all the credits. It's sad to hear about the single rider lines being removed though.