TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nolimits LIM Bowl Contest

A small, new park called "Alaskin Adventure" is looking for a roller coaster among their hand-full of flat rides. They've decided to risk it and go for an expensive, all-out attraction to draw more guests. The manager/owner of the park wanted, "Something large.... Something thrilling, but still family-friendly.... Something to make coaster enthusiasts rejoice.... Something perfect for Alaskan tourists to stop and ride in-between trooping around this beautiful state of ours... Something unique to any other ride... and that something is a custom Premier LIM Bowl," he announced with a smile.

As soon as Premier had been contacted by "Alaskin Adventures," they immediately held a meeting. "So," announced the president. "We've just been contacted by a small Alaskan amusement park called 'Alaskin Adventure.' Supposedly, they are looking for a custom LIM Bowl!" Everyone smiled and talked with each other. "The vice-president and I...." Every one became quieter. "We have decided that are newest employee, after spending 3 years designing rides on the computer and becoming, actually, quite good, should have a chance to finally design a coaster that will be built in real-life." As you, the new employee stood up from your chair and accepted the offer, everyone clapped excitedly.

The LIM coaster may have a maximum launch speed of 72 mph and a minimum of 45 mph. The coaster's minimum length is is 1900 ft long and it's maximum is 3400 ft. They want two six-car trains. Try to get the most thrill out of it possible! The height limit imposed by the county is 115 ft. Yes, it is a small height limit. You must use this as your maximum. The LIM Bowl will need four inversions. All track and supports must fit inside of the boundries. .3ds, may exist outside of them but not interfere with existing flora and terrain. The template must not be tampered with and may not be raised. Sustained forces are as follows:

Lateral: +/-1.0

Vertical +4/-1.2

Acceleration +1.4 to +1.6

Short, abrupt spikes above these are allowed.

Tools are allowed, but not required. I would recommend to use them but if you prefer otherwise, you may handbuild.

Rating will be a major part of the score. It goes as follows.

10 possible points for: Originality, Adrenaline, Technical, and Physical Appeal (is it sexy or not?). 10 points are given intervals of .1 so ratings like 6.8 are possible.

Bonus points are: Use of original and self-created .3ds (1), Creation of a unique storyline for the ride and an environment to fit (1), Laterals under .3 at ALL times (1), Unique combinations of scenery, supports and other items in which they have never been seen before to enhance ride experience (2).

A perfect score is 45.

To give us the tracks, you must email them or PM them directly to Jcoasters, our wonderful helper. He will send the judges the tracks under generic names such as Track 1. After all judging is compete the key to the creators names and such shall be posted like:Track1=____by____.The judges will not know who created the track in any way until the key is posted. You may not post progress shots or videos. Please state that you are signing up.

Entrants:

1. Sasquatch

2. the ghost

3. Coastergeek101

4. thelegendarymathew

5. Hyyyper

6. Jay200016

7. RCT3D

Now, here is your turn to prove yourself. The entire coaster community is depending on you. Good luck!

The contest starts today, the 14th and runs to the end of May. You may sign up at any time.

TPR Contest (themeparkologist) - LIM Bowl - By Jcoasters.nltrack

This is the template....

Edited by themeparkologist

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I'll have a play around with some ideas, but I won't say that I definitely will submit something yet.

Very refreshing to see a NL contest that doesn't have "BM" or "Intamin" in it!

Can the station building go outside the template as long as the track stays within the boundary?

And don't you think 3.6Gs is a little steep for a multi-inversion coaster, that would normally pull 4-5Gs?

And no, the legal limit is actually 3.6. I learned that last year in 8th grade science. If that is not correct, a Mrs. Lynn Tushaus was wrong.

It isn't, there are plenty of coasters in the US that go well beyond that! Take Zonga for instance, that used to go 6.5Gs, and even after being reprofiled pulled 5.5Gs! All the batman clones pull 4.5Gs tops, TTD and KK pull 4, and the Premier LIM coasters each pull 4.5! Etc.

To answer the questions, 45 is the minimum launch speed; +/- 1.0 Laterals are very easy to overcome and build and +/- 6.0 is extremely painful; ONLY four inversions; six cars per train with two trains.

This was probably my ignorance and I guess I realized that a lot of people knew the statistics of Premier LIM Bowl coasters. Or any large Premier LIM coaster. (45 mph came from ROTM)

why stick with the "original" stats. Coaster companies evolve lol...besides, flight of fear at kings dominion is listed at 5 cars per train...I think 4 inversions should be the min...

I think if I do enter this im gonna go the rouge route and hear what they want but give them what they need!

To answer the questions, 45 is the minimum launch speed; +/- 1.0 Laterals are very easy to overcome and build and +/- 6.0 is extremely painful; ONLY four inversions; six cars per train with two trains.

This was probably my ignorance and I guess I realized that a lot of people knew the statistics of Premier LIM Bowl coasters. Or any large Premier LIM coaster. (45 mph came from ROTM)

Oh, sorry. I was thinking + / - 0.1 laterals

why stick with the "original" stats. Coaster companies evolve lol...besides, flight of fear at kings dominion is listed at 5 cars per train...I think 4 inversions should be the min...

I think if I do enter this im gonna go the rouge route and hear what they want but give them what they need!

They need a fairly small budget and appeal to people of all ages and get as many through the ride as possible in a season. They don't need something that only die-hard coaster enthusiasts will enjoy (Hi!!).

King's ______ previously had six cars per train. Joker's Jinx HAS six. Poltergeist HAS six. Mad Cobra HAS SIX!!!!! Get the point?

King's ______ previously had six cars per train. Joker's Jinx HAS six. Poltergeist HAS six. Mad Cobra HAS SIX!!!!! Get the point?

I actually don't get the point. The point I get based on the lim coasters premier have designed they're seems to be no "standard" car count on a train. What I do see is its either 2 trains 6 cars or 3 trains with 5 cars. Out of 10 LIM style coasters made 6 have have 5 car trains...

Have fun with the contest guys. I just feel this one isn't for me...

^It's a Premier LIM Launched coaster. Continuous circuit. Those were all ORIGINALLY built with 2 trains (4 for KI & KD) with six car trains. We're only talking about the LIM Coaster made by Premier from 1996 to 1999. Only this one is being built for the 2011 season. It's not hard to wrap your mind 'round it. But, it's okay if you do not want to participate.

Oh, sorry. I was thinking you siad + / - 0.1 laterals

I was also thinking I siad + / - 0.6 laterals. My bad.

• 2 weeks later...