TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Comprehensive Coaster Credit Conversation

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Depending on how fast the launch is, it could be even more...

That's not even mentioning the fact that the ride on a sunny day is COMPLETELY different than when it's raining...

-James Dillaman

Also, it's a shuttle coaster, so it goes through the track twice, thus counting as two credits.

Two Tracks=Two Credits

Fast Launch=Two More Credits

Sunny Day=Two More Credits

Rainy Day=Two More Credits

Shuttle=Two More Credits

So really, you can score up to ten credits on Superman The Escape.

• 4 weeks later...
^The one in Great Wolf Lodge features Kennywood and Knobles(I can't spell that parks name right )

The ultimate JCC is not a little simulator. Its when you go on RCT3 or NoLimits. Then you make a ride and ride it.

That's the ultimate JCC!

But, those are still less powered than most JJCs Yeah, their virtual, but do you really count a virtual coaster as a credit in the least?

• 1 year later...

Hello all, this is my first post as a member or the Forums (as you may have surmised by the topic), I'm a lifelong, Die hard Coaster fan, and am a former Cedar Point employee (Wicked Twister 2005).

My question is this...I've been seeing a lot in the Trip Reports and Various posts while I've been a lurker people talking about Credits. What exactly are Credits? Are there certain rules for how to gain credits? Thanks for clearing it up for a confused Noob.

Hello all, this is my first post as a member or the Forums (as you may have surmised by the topic), I'm a lifelong, Die hard Coaster fan, and am a former Cedar Point employee (Wicked Twister 2005).

My question is this...I've been seeing a lot in the Trip Reports and Various posts while I've been a lurker people talking about Credits. What exactly are Credits? Are there certain rules for how to gain credits? Thanks for clearing it up for a confused Noob.

A credit is just the de facto terminology that coaster nerds/geeks/dorks/enthusiasts use to keep track of the number of coasters they have ridden.

The first time you rode Wicked Twister, you were credited with riding that coaster.

If you ride 20 new coasters on a road trip, that's 20 new credits. People in the real world would say they rode 20 new coasters, but we call them credits.

Edited by larrygator

• 3 months later...

Hey

Put simply a credit is a roller coaster. The more roller coasters you have ridden the more credits you have.

Each coaster is only one credit so riding a coaster twice doesn't count as two.

Some people accept powered coasters as credits while some don't (thats a whole other argument there ).

Hope that helps

Some people accept powered coasters as credits while some don't (thats a whole other argument there ).

Along with Intamin hydro coasters too. It's up to you to decide what counts as a credit or not! A simple rule of thumb is something that has a lift hill and a waterless track (i.e. not a log flume, even though that has a lift hill and track).