TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skydiving - Now With Video Pg 2!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went a couple of years ago.

I did tandem from 12,500ft and had a blast. Although, I don't think I'll be going back to the place I did it. Reasons, it was located in the middle of nowhere out in some farmland, the planes had duct tape over some parts, the guy after me had to use his emergency chute, and recently a solo jumper's chute tangled and didn't open till 600ft above the ground, sending him to the hospital. The only good thing was that it was right near Wasaga beach, and the views were awesome.

I'm hoping to do it again in Vegas this summer with the Canadian Dollar doing so good.

I have been skydiving twice. Once tandem, and once solo. Tandem is great for people who may just want to "enjoy" the experience. Plus it takes a lot less time in classes on the ground. Solo was amazing! Had to guys that jumped with me to make sure I held the right position! So much fun! I highly suggest it to everyone! Its one of those things I think everyone should do at least once!

~Matthew

P.S. Made reservations a few days ago to go again for my birthday! Yay!

Yeah, I used to skydive a lot here in the UK. Sad when I had to give it up a few months ago, and hopefully will get back into it again soon!

What type of jump are you doing? Tandem/static line/IAD/AFF?

I (very very slowly) worked my way along a static line course. Hard work, with lots of ground school, and many days of sitting around at the airfield waiting for grey clouds to clear away and the wind to die down. But ultimately nothing beats the feeling of being up at 12,000ft, inside a plane with the door wide open - then jumping freely out into the sky. Amazing - I guarantee you'll love it

(Disclaimer: Skydiving is addictive and may end up bankrupting you )

I went tandem last year, and it was so awesome, but I definitely want to go solo. I want to find out what it feels like without someone strapped to your back. I think the scariest part is when that first person jumps out of the plane and you hear the woosh and watch them just fall like a rock.

I'll be doing a tandem jump. And I'm a litte worried that I actually might become addicted to this, lol. A little less than two weeks to go!
Oh I assure you it is VERY addicting. But it is a good addiction! Not like... Oh I don't know... Ummm DRUGS! You will have a blast, and like mmousefan said, be sure to buy the videos/photo package. They are expensive but TOTALLY worth it! Enjoy, and let us know how it goes!

~Matthew

Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

Ah, I love that quote!

I remember after my second jump I said to my jump master that I still felt nervous as I sat in the open door-way of the plane. He said "Why would anyone be scared? You have two parachutes strapped to your back"

• 2 weeks later...
So I went on Saturday and jumped. All I can say is that this was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. Words can not describe how intense this was.

Video:

Sweet video dude - you looked like you were having an awesome time! And consider yourself very very lucky getting to jump out of a Skyvan; possobly the best skydiving plane around