TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo-TR: A Short Trip To Bahrain and Dubai!

There aren't many places you can go where you're a half-mile above the ground and not seated inside a big aluminum tube.

Very nice report, Soren. Glad you enjoyed Dubai.

Eric

I would love to see that thing in person...it's crazy that you could cut the building in half and it'd still be one of the tallest buildings in the world.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great TR so far! That snackbox is actually pretty good, compared to most of the snacks I've had in the past on US flights. Dubai looks awesome, I agree with everybody who says it's amazing and unreal! My mom and dad lived an Bahrain for a while, but it was before any of the cool stuff was built. I'll be a plane flight away from it all soon enough, though, it would definitely be cool to check out!

^He had good timing as it only reopened two weeks ago!!!

That is right! A friend tried it 3 times and the tower was always closed. I was just lucky to be there at the right time to get a ticket.

I am surprised you went to the top. I remembered how much you like heights and tall towers.

Erik, that hasn´t changed. I am still not a huge fan of height, but the chance to visit the highest tower in the world was much more interesting than the fear of the height.

Soren, in part 1 of the TR, Are you working for Gulf Air now?

I am not working for Gulf Air at all and believe me, there is a good reason why! We were flying on-duty to Bahrain and from there we had to fly in Uniform with Gulf Air, as normal passengers, to Dubai. It is more of a Visa thing, that requires to enter and leaf the country in uniform.

So, I am still working for a German airline.

--Soren

Wow, it looks like a pretty crazy place. I'd love to see it one day.

Dubai as a city almost looks like a park... And those two indoor parks look like a lot of fun.

I think it's funny that they held a contest to name the fountain and they ended up naming it "Dubai Fountain." Really? That was the best name submitted?

when is the new world's fastest Intamin Launch coaster in Dubai Ferrari world getting done? saw some construction photos and it looks awsome, just like king da ka launch and twisty bumby bits like intimidator 305

Close......Ferrari World is in Abu Dhabi, I believe it is due to open Q3 this year, can anyone confirm this?

Awesome TR Soren, am hoping to get over to Abu Dhabi and Dubai possibly next year.

Great trip report. I'm going to Duabi in about a month, and this made me really look forward to it. Really looking forward to seeing the Burj Khalifa. Any other recommendations on what to do? We're considering going on a dessert tour with landrovers.

Great report. You will have to look me up next time

Next time I´ll make sure to contact you, before I am coming to Dubai.

Any other recommendations on what to do? We're considering going on a dessert tour with landrovers.

- I made a desert tour before and liked it, even it was totally a tourist thing.

- Make sure to ride the Dubai Metro, it is very cheap and you get to see most of the city.

- The Palm island "Palm Jumaira" was also interesting with the Atlantis hotel (clone of the one at the Bahamas) at the top.

- They also have a nice water park "Wild Wadi", with some fun slides.

- One last point, you have to see the Dubai Mall, with the Dubai fountains and of course the Burj Khalifa.

--Soren

Soren

Those fountains..so much more enchanting than the ones in front of the Bellagio [until now, my all-time favorites]; I'm a closet aquatechnics freak, so thanks a million for the uploads! As for Dubai..it's kind of like Sim City 9000, isn't it? I really want to make it there before I croak. Also, thanks for the photos of the Burj. By the way, did you get to see the moving skyscraper in action? [i apologize if this has been asked; Connecticrap wi-fi is belt-driven and run by TJ Maxx. I think]

Scott