TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wildfire Recreation [NL]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I understand that you may want to do this, but it would be better if you wait. First, get more experience with the program before you try to do a recreation. You can continue if you wish, I have no control over you; but, I would wait if I were you.

^^My third coaster was a recreation of Apollo's Chariot. It did not go well. Try to get better by making up things and modifying them until the desired effect is achieved. My Apollo's Chariot is not perfect but is 40x better than before. Take Nolimits slow, it takes time to learn, not experience of....mistakes. You'll figure out that it gets easier to create nice coasters over time not the number of tracks you produce. You are probably in the middle of the learning curve and have some things to work on. Hell, nobody's truly left the learning curve because people are doing new things, others following Nolimits learning curve is just indefinite. Or never terminating. Work on previous projects that have been abandoned but still fixable and don't stop working on them. It seriously helps.

Ok, I understand that you may want to do this, but it would be better if you wait. First, get more experience with the program before you try to do a recreation. You can continue if you wish, I have no control over you; but, I would wait if I were you.

Well, my estimated time of when it will be finished is July. I am going to make a custom station and the works. I have been trying really hard to get better. I put the first download together in about 20 minutes. I am going to keep with it. Thanks for the advice though Jcoasters.

EDIT:

The ride is finished, the supports and scenery haven't been started. Here is another download.

The stats of the real coaster No Limits Coaster

$14,000,000 USD 14,000,000 USD

Capacity: 1300 riders per hour 1,100 people

Length: 3073' 3,214

Height: 120' 139 feet

Drop: 155' 148

Inversions: 5 5

Speed: 66 mph 68 mph

Duration: 2:16 1.58

I've been reading all your threads lately and I've noticed something...

You need to slow down! Working on three-four projects at once isn't easy, especially when you've got a lot of work to do in each one. Building a recreation of a coaster is even more difficult since everything has to be perfect (or close to perfect as you can get) in order to have a good-looking ride/attraction.

You're working on that hyper that people are still saying you need to fix and that RCT3 park that has one or two coasters and people are telling you to fix. Now you're trying to work on a recreation, which has an increased difficulty curve.

- Just work on perfecting one project and worry about the rest later or nothing will ever get finished.

- Don't go headfirst into building recreations until you manage to perfect your other stuff first or you're never gonna be able to finish it. Start with a couple fictional coasters and learn to perfect the ride, theming, etc... in general.

Well, my estimated time of when it will be finished is July. I am going to make a custom station and the works. I have been trying really hard to get better. I put the first download together in about 20 minutes. I am going to keep with it. Thanks for the advice though Jcoasters

Okay, you're moving way to fast. After making one coaster in NL, you cant just automatically jump into making custom stations and correct shaping for the ride you're recreating. You don't even know how to make proper supports or proper shaping! You put brakes on a turn in Octillus!

Look at me for a sec. I've been playing No Limits for about 2 years now, and I know about heart-lining, how to make good custom supports, and about a lot of other things. I've got a lot of things down. All I need to do is get better at making my rides smooth; and all I need to do there is sit at the computer for hours upon hours and hand-smooth.

The point is, you're not ready. Yes, I can not stop you, but it would be best to listen to people who are better than you; and people that can help you on your way with the No Limits learning curve. Hell! I'm still learning! You can never stop learning in NL! But, you're too inexperienced with NL to do a recreation.

Well, my estimated time of when it will be finished is July. I am going to make a custom station and the works. I have been trying really hard to get better. I put the first download together in about 20 minutes. I am going to keep with it. Thanks for the advice though Jcoasters

Okay, you're moving way to fast. After making one coaster in NL, you cant just automatically jump into making custom stations and correct shaping for the ride you're recreating. You don't even know how to make proper supports or proper shaping! You put brakes on a turn in Octillus!

Look at me for a sec. I've been playing No Limits for about 2 years now, and I know about heart-lining, how to make good custom supports, and about a lot of other things. I've got a lot of things down. All I need to do is get better at making my rides smooth; and all I need to do there is sit at the computer for hours upon hours and hand-smooth.

The point is, you're not ready. Yes, I can not stop you, but it would be best to listen to people who are better than you; and people that can help you on your way with the No Limits learning curve. Hell! I'm still learning! You can never stop learning in NL! But, you're too inexperienced with NL to do a recreation.

Um, this sounds silly but the reason I do many things at once is because if I get pissed on one of them I go to the other and then go back to it. That usually helps me. I appreciate your advice but I will continue what I am doing. Octillious is actually done, I am just working on the videos. Most of the other coasters are dead or finished. I have spent hours and hours on No Limits and this is the first time I will be making custom stations.

Again, I can understand that I am not ready, but I think I am going to still continue. I have actually done over 70 coasters. Like a day. Octillious my 38th coaster was the first one I released. The other ones were huge piles of crap.

Also, I am probably the youngest NL user, at an age of 13 (I have permission to view the site), so be a little kinder.

Thanks,

CoasterGeek101

P.S. My next trip is to Kings Island April 17th.

Um, this sounds silly but the reason I do many things at once is because if I get pissed on one of them I go to the other and then go back to it. That usually helps me. I appreciate your advice but I will continue what I am doing. Octillious is actually done, I am just working on the videos. Most of the other coasters are dead or finished. I have spent hours and hours on No Limits and this is the first time I will be making custom stations.

Again, I can understand that I am not ready, but I think I am going to still continue. I have actually done over 70 coasters. Like a day. Octillious my 38th coaster was the first one I released. The other ones were huge piles of crap.

Also, I am probably the youngest NL user, at an age of 13 (I have permission to view the site), so be a little kinder.

Thanks,

CoasterGeek101

P.S. My next trip is to Kings Island April 17th.

Okay, dude. I don't want to get in a fight but... I was not trying to sound mean. I was giving constructive critisizime.

Any way, the reason you've made over 70 coasters that are not the best is that you don't take your time. I'm not saying you can't work on more then one project at a time, I'm saying that you got to take your time. Don't expect to make a perfect coaster in a few hours. Some of the best coasters take years to make.

when I'm brainstorming, I get through around 20 drafts a day!

But once you have a good idea of what you want may I suggest just spending abit more time on it. Download rides and read topics, you'll get better. But impatience isn't going to help.

^^You made a mistake? About your own age? Sounds a bit like a lie to me. If I were you I would just go back and edit that to say that your 11. I’m not very experienced in NoLimits or RCT3 myself and I’ve been playing with RCT3 since I was 10... I’m just saying, you don’t gain experience because you have been playing a while. There are certain aspects that you really won’t take notice of and be concerned about yet cause it’s in your nature to be a little more on the dreamy side. I’m just saying, I was exactly like you when I was your age and it may be a while before you really get that understanding to create quality rides. Don’t quit, but don’t worry about making realistic recreations. If you wanna work on custom stations, create a simple little Mouse coaster and work on the station and post that on here with pictures so that other people can help you out. As a learner, your not going to get good feedback about the huge creations that you are attempting. Try just working on certain elements at a time and posting those to see what people like and don’t like. Otherwise your just going to be ignored and trust me that sucks.

Again, don't go too fast... Yes you've worked on 70 different coasters, but they all seem to have something wrong with it solely judging by your hypercoaster thread and your RCT3 park thread. Follow everyone's advice and learn to perfect your projects. Stop rushing through everything or you're never gonna improve. Look at real coasters, look at other people's projects, and practice a lot! Don't just assume that you can make good fictional coasters, let alone recreations after making 70 mediocre coasters that have problems with them.

^ He reminds me of a younger version of myself, yet I only had the problem of finishing parks. Not Rides.

But seriously, I echo the opinion of those above me CoasterGeek. Relax, and don't do too much at the same time! Experience comes with years and practice, not with a whole bunch of rushed, half-completed rides!!

For one,

3.) Do NOT start a thread for a park if you only have one screenshot, or just a Photoshoped logo. We want quality posts and threads. Get your park, or track, started and moving along before you need to make an announcement. A video of your park will suffice, as those take time to put together and edit.

Two, I echo what everyone else is saying. Slow down, and think. Not only in creating a park (or an NL coaster), but before you post.

I saw this happening...

A recreation is too early for you. Basically, Jcoasters hit the point right on. Also, age has nothing to do with skill, and 13 (or 11) isn't the youngest there is. I started at 13 and others earlier. As hard as you work (or think that you work) it seems people here bash you, but really, it's complete constructive criticism. I was in your spot a couple years ago so I can empathize...it's just part of the learning curve.

Anyway, that's my little 2¢ addition.