TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Would you apply to this college or send your kids here??

AWill961

Straight from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola_Christian_College

"Maria Boren (Grant) - Job candidate on the 2nd season of NBC's reality TV show, "The Apprentice". Also featured on the cover of FHM".

Hmmm.....I guess they don't frown upon posing for FHM. I wonder if they feel the same about Maxim.

Oh and since it's unacredited, aren't the students wasting their time, and money? Maybe its just my silly way of thinking here (that could possibly get me in trouble if I went to PCC!!)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It looks like their nursing program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. Aside from that, though, it would appear not. Although I have a feeling most people who attend the school aren't looking for "real world" jobs that necessitate an accredited degree. I would imagine many find careers within their church organization or community, where that "degree" would hold weight.

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason I wouldn't go is actually in the first sentence on the Wikipedia page...

Pensacola Christian College is an unaccredited, fundamentalist, Independent Baptist college

If there are two things I know, it's that an unaccredited college is like a trash can for money and time, and that most fundamentalist Baptists are off their rockers. This place screams "suicidal tendencies."