TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Would you apply to this college or send your kids here??

AWill961

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, I'd be curious to hear testimonies from students living this lifestyle to see if it's really as archaic as it seems.

I'm sure that any testimonial that we will see will have been thoroughly edited by staff and students at the school to make sure it isn't "evil" and doesn't give the school a bad image. Lol.

Great quote about shadowing:

Shadowing. Though not a specific punishment, it often accompanies the above disciplines. Shadowing is when a student is made to accompany a floor-leader or other PCC staff member 24 hours a day. He will sleep in the floor-leaders room, attend his classes (or sit in the dean's office) and eat all meals with him. The student is allowed no interaction with any other student, with limited access to those outside the school (e.g. parents). The student is shadowed from the time he has been accused or suspected of a "serious" infraction until he is exonerated or punished. There is an implied "presumption of guilt." Any student is vulnerable to having his life severely interrupted, possibly suffering exceptional emotional and spiritual distress as he is isolated, pressured, and scared, being made to feel guilty even when there is no reason.

Okay, this is really awkward...I go to PCC.

I always find it just slightly entertaining when other colleges have the same abbreviation as mine or other ones in my state...I guess it's just inevitable, though.

I agree with everyone else. I really am curious about 1) Who wants to go here and why; 2) What they end up thinking about the school; 3) How they turn out; 4) How they feel about religion afterwards. (After quite some time, I have finally managed to shake off the effects of my religious school education, which was nothing like this--the strictest rules seemed to be about uniforms, which now doesn't seem bad at all!)

This is the worst idea for a school ever. Disallowing any contact with the opposite sex pretty much makes you single for a long time cause you cant talk to girls. My favorite rule is the campused rule, where you are allowed no contact with any other students for 2 weeks after you are "campased." **** that!

If this place is indeed real and these are the official rules, I have trouble believing they have any ability to enforce them. Beyond the dress code and on-campus rules none of them are legal. I suspect that this list of rules is not actually official however if this place does even exist in the real world. There's something very suspicious about how basically EVERYTHING is restricted which leads me to believe it was thought up by someone as a laugh. An entertaining read however, and if this is the truth...well...I feel bad for any students at this place and sorry for their parents for viewing life in this manner.

Edit: After reading up on this place and what people here are talking about...well...I'm honestly worried about people that feel this is the way we are supposed to live our lives. This place honestly disgusts me and although I'm not Christian, I feel for the Christians that don't share these same beliefs (AKA, most of them) as this is the type of situation that gives a religion a bad name. I don't understand how it is possible for them to get away with some of these rules, but it definitely makes me EXTREMELY happy to go to my public school that has, oh, zero of the same rules as this place

^ I agree. I am a Christian and even I think those rules are highly unnecessary. After reading just the dress code part of it I wanted to throw my arms up and just become a nudist.

I just don't know how they can call this a Christian College let alone an American College. Correct me if I am wrong but the Declaration of Independence states...

"...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

After reading those rules it appears as thought this "Christian" school has taken away most, if not all, of the rights that their students have been endowed with by their Creator!

This just doesn't sit well with me at all.

1) The rules posted on the website came from an alumni from the school who wanted to reveal the truth behind PCC and their rules in general. Some of the rules have been exaggerated.

2) From reading the actual rulebook circa 1999-2000 and 2000-2001, the rules at the school are very strict and it reflects a hardcore conservative Christian viewpoint, which isn't fit for everyone. Granted society and culture has changed since 1999-2000 so chances are the school has become more lenient on some of the rules they posted sine then.

3) Reading reviews of the school on different websites, the school is often criticized for its very stern rules and the fact that its an unaccredited school so credits will not transfer.

4) The school has an indoor waterpark *cool* and is giving away a free year of education *awesome* to entice students to come to the school. I'm pretty sure most other universities/colleges will not offer a free ride to anyone unless they have a scholarship and they get good grades/are excellent at sports. So basically this school is trying to attract an audience that may be turned off by the horror stories.

^Which is so upsetting since there is so much diversity to see in this world. My parents have always been very open to diversity and taught my brothers and I to never judge based on differences and were always very realistic in their views of the world. We weren't really ever sheltered from anything and I know this is part of what makes me who I am today. I feel bad for these people that are so scared of the rest of the world that they feel this is necessary. I'm not usually one to talk down about another group's beliefs, but this is such an extreme case of religion ruling absolutely everything in a person's life that I don't know if I can understand their reasoning. If anyone knows of any insider stories posted around the internet and would like to share I would love to read up on some first hand accounts from students.

I'm guessing most people who go here don't see it as bad thing.

1) The rules posted on the website came from an alumni from the school who wanted to reveal the truth behind PCC and their rules in general. Some of the rules have been exaggerated.

She copied them from the student handbook that was provided by the school. I didn't look at all them to see whether or not she exaggerated anything, but the rules are still a bit shit exaggerated or not.

^I don't think I understand your first statement.

Then again, there are sharper tools in the shed.

The rules are identical to those on the official site. This is a very bad thing. I'm Christian, but this is total BS. If you think you can live the perfect life that you think is real, then you are wrong. This place will only get you a bank account with $5000 less than what you had before and a knowledge that you are responsible for your actions.

Come to think of it, that might be the point. Waste your money and you learn a lesson that you'll never forget.

^I don't think I understand your first statement.

Then again, there are sharper tools in the shed.

The rules are identical to those on the official site. This is a very bad thing. I'm Christian, but this is total BS. If you think you can live the perfect life that you think is real, then you are wrong. This place will only get you a bank account with $5000 less than what you had before and a knowledge that you are responsible for your actions.

Come to think of it, that might be the point. Waste your money and you learn a lesson that you'll never forget.

We all think this is a bad thing, but maybe not all the adults that go here think the school is a bad thing, or the rules for that matter. Maybe they think this is how life is supposed to be, and that they're morally correct and living life the "right" and only way?

I actually know some kids who have gone to this school. If you can get past the wacky rules and strictness of it all it's a good education for very little money. IMHO I wouldn't really consider an education this strict to be a "good" one per se, but whatever. For a more sensible Christian college check out Southeastern University where I'm planning to apply. Right between Orlando and Tampa... coasters mmmmmm. And no ridiculous dress codes or segregation.

Like seriously, no playing harmonicas? Isn't that taking this too far?

What would be more upsetting to me in regards to this school is the lack of accreditation. If you attend PCC and decide you want to transfer, your credits won't be good anywhere else. Furthermore this means that any degree you earn from the school generally will be worth the same as the paper it is printed on. Students there filed suit against the school several years ago because of this, and for the fact that the school was largely making it appear that they were fully accredited .

3) Reading reviews of the school on different websites, the school is often criticized for its very stern rules and the fact that its an unaccredited school so credits will not transfer.

The kids who go get no rights and a worthless degree. Just let the kids spend the 5k on trip to some holy site or blow and heroin for all I care. Anything is better for them then this joke of a "school."

What I do wonder is how many kids go there because they want to or because it is cheap? Who says "Mom, Dad I want to go to PCC, where I can not talk to my sister off school grounds without permission and chaperon because it is the appearance of evil!!!"

To each his own, but I would never go there in a million years. Any place that says no boogers on the walls, this is being cracked down on, has major problems with the people going there. Really though, it reminds me more of a monastery/convent than a school, but that's probably why it's not accredited.

So how exactly are you supposed to meet your future wife?

If it wasn't for the morals and the fact that all these people are religious extremists, it seems like they'd be likely to turn gay by forcing all the men to constantly be around men.