TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S&S Launched Coaster Rising in Beijing

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to some new rides being plotted arounds the world in 2010. This should be good and the one at the other park aswell. A unique coaster liike this is just what I need to get my mind off of Intimidator! (no offence it's just been posted to much and it has got a bit annoying, but still it looks like an awesome coaster!)

• 1 month later...

That is a really odd layout, it almost looks like something a child playing RCT would come up with. It looks like a lot of fun, and if it rides more like Powder Keg than the other Thrust Air coasters, I think this could end up being a very fun ride. It looks like a great ride, but I just don't like the layout as it looks too unprofessional to me.

^Looks fine to me. The train is sitting at the staging end of the launch track (Notice the two sharp turns that lead from the station to the beginning of the launch)

So looking at the model again...it's basically Xcelerator.

Tophat, overbank, overbank, overbank, done.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought that. Although the straight drop out of the top hat into the tunnel should provide some decent air-time and that final hill looks evil.

No announcement on the S&S page yet, but there's a spot where "Happy Valley" would go. The layout looks pretty good to me, nothing too special though. I mean, it'll be great, but it's not Top 10 Mitch Hawker Quality.

I think the only reason I love S&S is because they bought ARROW! (And the only reason I love Arrow is because there's a ton at Cedar Point)

• 3 weeks later...

So Screamscape posted that RCDB had some new pics of the now-completed track work. Check out the last three!

I count one Batsh*t insane tophat with a huge drop into a tunnel, one NINETY DEGREE mega-turn, and a possible SIDEWAYS airtime hill? (Pic 7, the small hill on the right). OMG-worthy!

This ride looks nothing like Xcelerator, to be honest...

I can see some "similarities", but they are so far off it is not worth a comparison.

This ride looks incredible to me... The first element looks like a blast and the little hops here and there should be great fun. Tracking looks interesting in terms of banking and "flow", but sometimes those can make it that much more fun. I am sure it will be great.

Sucks about the location!