TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tips for Six Flags America?

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any tips for heading out to Six Flags America. My dad and I are both planning on going this week, and it will be our first time. So are there any suggestions you all may have? (We have purchased season passes since the prices were virtually the same as a one-day ticket.)

Thanks for anything you may have!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be wasps, lots of wasps!

Also, remember to lock your doors, and if you can I would put all the important valuables in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo (ipods, gps's, or anything), because SFA has the worst area outside the park.

What is a fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?! Someone please tell me cause it's really starting to weird me out!!!

I've only been there on a Friday in summer, but when I visited, they seemed to randomly open/close the drop tower throughout the day...so if you see it operating, run to it. I missed out =(

I honestly have to be the one to say, though...after all the slamming reviews it constantly gets, I loved this park. Right on par with New England or Great Adventure, from my experience. Great operations, friendly staff, and clean facilities. Superman and Wild One are both awesome coasters. We got in probably a good 20 re-rides on Superman, Joker, Roar, and Wild One, all waits of 10 minutes or less. Batwing had a long line (60+ minutes) with only one side open, but I can't call that a damper on an otherwise great day...the way I look at it, it's one of those things where it's generally acceptable for ONE thing to go wrong in an entire park.

While the area around it wasn't exactly the nicest, I didn't have any problems. And trust me, I was VERY nervous, because my car was only two months old when I visited last year. It's just one of those things where you don't leave your GPS unit attached to your windshield, your cell phone out charging, and your ipod and laptop on the front seat, all with the doors unlocked. We also went to an Applebees not far from the park after closing, and didn't have any issues there, either.

But basically, just go and have a good time. You'll like this park, it has a lot of good things in it.

^^, ^^^, I really don't get it! Its creeping me out and not much creeps me out! Are Six Flags lockers gooey on the inside or something?! Are their lockers on a Six Flags property somewhere that are furry?! Do Six Flags lockers come with Zoloft, Prozac, Serequil, Vicodin, Lortab, or Endocet?! Cedar Fair could learn a lesson here as the latter three would come in handy after riding coaster similar to Mean Streak and Son of Beast!

Doctor "Reading too much into this" Doom!!!

EDIT: All right! Now i'm confused!!!

Lockers

Lockers

Lockers

EDIT: HELP!!! Whats going on with my post! I type one thing and it comes out LOCKERS?!

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM!!!

As far as the park's location, just take general precautions and use common sense and you will be fine. Don't go running around in the parking lot screaming that you have $100 in your pocket either.

I would reccomend running to Batwing first. Despite being the hardest to find (you could easily miss it if you didn't know about it), Batwing always has the longest lines. Make sure to hit it up first, then Superman.

I really enjoyed this park despite all the negative reviews. Have Fun!

^^^, ^^^^ Is this park really that hood?! Do people do these things (run around screaming how much money they have, leave valuable electronics out in their car with the doors unlocked etc...) at other parks and its safe to do so?! I remove valuable electronics and lock my doors even at any parks preferred or VIP parking area!

^ Many people ask for trouble by leaving expensive items out in plain sight, then say the park is horrible because their items are gone after they get back to the car. I've been to SFA MANY times, its an extremely underrated park and had a LOT of work done to it since my first visit in 2005. Most things are in better condition than SFGAdv. The woodies run great, don't know why so many people have a problem with Roar though? Ride in the front seat of Roar, thats where it runs best. I've actually never seen the drop tower down there, seems reliable to me. Usually runs 2 of 3 sides though. Batwing runs best of all Vekoma flyers out there (shows in Mitchs' latest poll too) but does have a slow loading proceedure. Superman is a front seat ride! Don't accept any other seat. There are also noticable differences in Superman from my experences in the way it runs in the morning and at night (Faster as it warms up!). BUT NOTE!!! IT MAY BE ONE OF THE LEAST RELIABLE RIDES OUT THERE!!! Ive seen it go down every 15-30 minutes on more than one occassion and not open at all on other occasions. Ride it whenever you see it open. Just try to hit it multiple times.

Over all. the park usually isn't too busy, and up until this year, I preferred it to Kings Dominion (due to the addition of I305).

^^^, ^^^^ Is this park really that hood?! Do people do these things (run around screaming how much money they have, leave valuable electronics out in their car with the doors unlocked etc...) at other parks and its safe to do so?! I remove valuable electronics and lock my doors even at any parks preferred or VIP parking area!

I said the running around yelling about having lots of money thing more to try to be funny. I don't do any of the things mentioned at theme parks, but I think you will be fine as long as you don't do those things. I felt very safe at the park.

^^, ^^^, I really don't get it! Its creeping me out and not much creeps me out! Are Six Flags fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo gooey on the inside or something?! Are their fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo on a Six Flags property somewhere that are furry?! Do Six Flags fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo come with Zoloft, Prozac, Serequil, Vicodin, Lortab, or Endocet?! Cedar Fair could learn a lesson here as the latter three would come in handy after riding coaster similar to Mean Streak and Son of Beast!

fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo

EDIT: HELP!!! Whats going on with my post! I type one thing and it comes out fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo?!

Haha, it's just one of those TPR things. When you type l.o.c.k.e.r.s it comes out lockers

Just like if you type X.D it comes out XD

Edited by coasterfreaksrttd

^^You didn't mean to put "X.D" did ya know

Now, what I would bring is just a small camera bag, and that should fit everything that you need for the day. I've been using the same crappy bag for the past 5 years, and I haven't had to bring a larger amount of stuff.

All that I keep in there is my phone, wallet, and sometimes my camera & ipod.

I suggest you bring just a little bit of your stuff.

Because remember, you feel uncomfortable unless your near your stuff.

-Matt "George Carlin reference in this post" K.

Do you own Kevlar?

JK.. this park does get a bad rap and I've had plenty of bad experiences there but I have had a few great days too. It's really up in the air! Hopefully the reports are right about the park getting better. At least it will be nice weather for a park. The area back by SROS is (or used to be.. havent been there in a few years) as desolate of a waste land I have ever seen in a park. I never understand why trees are forgot when parks develop new areas!

^^, ^^^, I really don't get it! Its creeping me out and not much creeps me out! Are Six Flags fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo gooey on the inside or something?! Are their fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo on a Six Flags property somewhere that are furry?! Do Six Flags fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo come with Zoloft, Prozac, Serequil, Vicodin, Lortab, or Endocet?! Cedar Fair could learn a lesson here as the latter three would come in handy after riding coaster similar to Mean Streak and Son of Beast!

EDIT: HELP!!! Whats going on with my post! I type one thing and it comes out fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo?!

Haha, it's just one of those TPR things. When you type l.o.c.k.e.r.s it comes out fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo

Just like if you type X.D it comes out I like small boys in tights.

XD

Lockers

WTF!

So, Saturday is when I'm supposed to be heading up there (didn't know they were going to be closed Tues-Fri this week ). What are the crowds usually like on Saturdays? Should I be expecting really long waits for Batwing and Superman (the two rides I'm looking forward to the most) or will it most likely be a short wait or even a walk-on? And I still am looking for a good place to eat in the park... Please help me out if you can!

If the weather outlook still looks good, prepare for it to be quite crowded. Consider using Flashpass if it's really busy. For food, at Six Flags parks, I usually recommend eating at one of the outsourced locations! (Papa Johns, Panda, Johnny Rockets, etc.)