TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intimidator 305 Media Day Complete Coverage - Kings Dominion

cfc

The area around the ride seems very nice and well themed, for a Cedar Fair park that is

I really like that map of the ride that actually tells you when there's going to be airtime.

It's funny how many people objected to those notes when the ride was revealed, assuming that there would be no airtime in those spots - But the designers were right, you get flat-out launched in every one of those spots.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice pictures, I wish I was there.

Oh yeah, does it stay fast for the whole ride, or does it have its slow points in it?

Also, the cake is a lie

There's nothing even resembling a slow point in the ride. It's absolutely relentless from beginning to end.

Robb and Chuck, I can't say thank you enough for posting these pics...jerks... I think I commented on the KD thread about how I absolutely love the sound coming off Intimidator from Robb's off-ride shots. Could Intamin finally have their own 'Intamin roar'?

You guys went above and beyond for us, I know it sounds hokey, but thanks boys.

Tim.

Well, Well. From the looks of it, KD has themselves a sheer and true winner!! I look forward to heading out there by myself or with a group trip one day. I305 looks like alot of fun!

Thanks for the hard work, Chuck and Robb. There wouldn't be good coverage on TPR without you (and specially you, Robb)

I-305 looks absolutely amazing!! Great report and POVs. I'm glad to see that this ride is getting excellent reviews. I can't wait to visit the area and ride it, I just don't know when, hopefully this season. This ride has been all I've thought and talked about this weekend.

It must of been heartbreaking to cut that cake!

Agreed. I was watching Iron Chef a few days ago and someone made this(it was a rerun). The judges didnt want to eat it cause it was so awesome looking, but they had to. If I somehow ever make this it is going onto a refrigerated shelf so everyone can admire it. Anyway, this TR is awesome, and I really wanna get myself on an Intamin hyper one of these days.

1848722689_JesusSushi.jpg.462239257660ce0ec2c4f0d53bce70e8.jpg

I'm with Elissa, or at least I am if I remember you saying you dont like Bobby Flay. Morimoto FTW. Also, This must have been heartbreaking for morimoto to watch others eat this.

Chuck...great coverage of media day. Great pictures, great fun, great ride....looks like a great time.

Hope to make it down there in May.

-daron

And my thanks to Robb for adding the videos, behind-the-scenes photos, and photos from the park's opening day.

Ok, I know no one can predict the future....however...

I am heading up to VA this week to visit BGW and KD. My plan is BGW on Wed and Fri and KD on Thurs. Anyone know what the crowds will be like this week? I know it's Spring Break, but I don't think weekdays will be crazy crowded.

The weather is also crazy: mid 90's on Tues and Wed! That's hotter than it will be here in Orlando!

Any advice from those who live near the parks (specifically KD since I worked at BGW for 4 years and really don't have an agenda other than getting my Griffon and Grover credits and seeing the shows.)

Thanks!

Ok, I know no one can predict the future....however...

I am heading up to VA this week to visit BGW and KD. My plan is BGW on Wed and Fri and KD on Thurs. Anyone know what the crowds will be like this week? I know it's Spring Break, but I don't think weekdays will be crazy crowded.

The weather is also crazy: mid 90's on Tues and Wed! That's hotter than it will be here in Orlando!

Any advice from those who live near the parks (specifically KD since I worked at BGW for 4 years and really don't have an agenda other than getting my Griffon and Grover credits and seeing the shows.)

Thanks!

Well, even if it is busy, Intimidator was chewing through the entire queue house in about 30-40 minutes. Just keep in mind that KD has no "virtual queue" system so if it's packed you may encounter longer lines at all the other rides.

--Robb

^ Agreed, some pointers. If you see the Flight of Fear queue short then go in for a ride for most of the weekend it had a 2 hour line only running one train. It's a great coaster, but only worth a thirty minute wait compared to other coasters in the park.

The wooden Coasters have improved so much in the last few years in the smoothness category. Rebel Yell is quite amazing these days. Grizzly is rough, but its built to be rough. If you like roughness it's definitely worth the ride. It use to be better before they removed the infield trees...

Dominator was terrible at chopping through capacity on Friday due to breakdowns and only having two trains on the track. But otherwise it was a decent wait. It was worth the 30 minutes I waited for it. One of the best B&M Sitdown/Floorless loopers I've ridden.

Don't skip Volcano unless the queue has spilled into the queue house. It's a great ride but not worth waiting an hour to ride. (unless you haven't ridden it then which it is)

Anaconda is another arrow looper that has great g's in the loop and sidewinder. The mid-course begins the torture of the butterfly turn. The corkscrews are... standard.

Backlot is getting worse with the years. They've put more breaks on the mid-course and the effects are going to shame. It's an OK ride.

Sadly Hurler and Shockwave are closed until further rehabs are finished on the coasters. (respectively Mid-May and April 17th are the opening dates)

This week it should be less crowded than this weekend due to the fact anybody who calls themselves a coaster junkie was in Doswell, VA. There will be allot of HSchoolers but with those HSchoolers will be the missing HSchool workers that Friday was missing.

Thursday should be a good day.