TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jungle Coaster Removal - Legoland Windsor

Not sure what others may think but personally feeling rather happy about the following news:

http://www.cllw.co.uk/attractions/adventure/junglecoaster.php

The Jungle Coaster at Legoland is now being removed This was an OK ride before they turned the cars in to plastic boxes but dear me last year when I had the displeasure of enduring a ride on the Jungle Coaster - it very quickly got in to my no1 not to ride coaster experiences in my book. Unfortunately the plastic box cars were introduced to 'help' reduce the noise for local residents so the space vacated by the Jungle Coaster will be replaced by a hotel What Legoland Windsor really needs is a great coaster not an over priced hotel. I appreciate the park isn't about great thrill rides but they really do need to get their thinking caps on and introduce some improved rides. I really like this park - it can be great fun but on our last few visits the park has been just far too busy mainly due to too many visitors and not enough good rides to go around leading to far too many long queues and unhappy stressed visitors. Question - will this ride now finish up on the scrap heap or head to Florida minus the plastic boxes?

Edited by RedSpecial

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I would bet anything that they're sending it directly to Florida.

Bummer about them having to take it out and put those terrible cars on it. From what I remember of the park there weren't neighbors like RIGHT next door. I hate it when 'neighbors' screw over parks.

^I would bet anything that they're sending it directly to Florida.

Bummer about them having to take it out and put those terrible cars on it. From what I remember of the park there weren't neighbors like RIGHT next door. I hate it when 'neighbors' screw over parks.

This seems to be happening more and more in the UK which is becoming really frustrating. My local park - Flamingoland actually sell holiday homes within a few hundred feet of their main coasters - if I only had the money I'd buy one without any hesitation.

Seriously though we do have increasing problems with local councils immediately backing local complaints about noise etc from coasters. Alton Towers must feel so frustrated in regards to this - when are local residents going to realise that these parks are their local industry and without them their local economy totally suffers.

I live in a coastal town - Whitley Bay - years ago we lost the Spanish City as a local theme park and the local economy has never recovered.

Hope that if this coaster does turn up in another Legoland park that they get new cars for it as the plastic box Lego cars were pure hell to ride in.

It was confirmed earlier this year that Jungle Coaster would not be making an appearance at the park for 2010, Its sad really considering the circumstances, there was a rumour the ride could maybe be moved elsewhere in the park, but I dont think its possible because there is no room for it. I'm going to the park on Saturday for their after dark event, so it will be odd to see a big gap where the coaster once stood, I believe they are going to build the hotel in its place.

The capacity was terrible!!! The ride got queues of 2 to 3 hours on busy days at Legoland because of the covers. They took time to raise, lower and tall people couldn't sit in the back. Infact the last time I went i'm sure it was 2 people per car only.

Good riddance I say, put something decent and more exciting in!

Unfortunately the plastic box cars were introduced to 'help' reduce the noise for local residents so the space vacated by the Jungle Coaster will be replaced by a hotel What Legoland Windsor really needs is a great coaster not an over priced hotel.

I dunno, I kind of think what they need is something that will generate revenue for the park. Last I heard the hotel at the Billund location did FANTASTIC business. I'm confident the hotel will do well for the park....and probably bring in a LOT more money than a Wild Mouse.

--Robb

The Jungle Coaster was in the wrong location within the park and for it to be replaced with a hotel is the perfect solution. The views from the Hotel will be great as it will overlook the lake.

In the development plan which the park submitted there was a rough plan for the Jungle Coasters replacement which was scheduled to be for 2011. I have no idea if this will still go ahead as no planning applications have gone in for it as yet, but its location is between Miniland and Legocity...

I can assure you that this is a proper plan and not something that I put together in Paint !!

I was at Legoland for Annual Pass day to take a look at their new land Pirates Landing (Photo TR up soon) and I did take a walk over the the Jungle Coaster grave to have abit of a look. I could tell you all about it, but then again I could just show you some lovley photos.

Image00009.jpg.19c7575ed2da6cdb5cf998e44001b4e2.jpg

Danger this area is restricted for dirt and coaster remains ONLY!

Image00008.jpg.29c66948b9990891d7a97c65f9e284aa.jpg

Coaster remains please exit this side and enjoy your trip to the NEW Legoland!

Image00007.jpg.86b9ec297a551a61e6f4721f8e24beaf.jpg

The only themeing that remains :(

Image00001.jpg.1d8f42e89239c97b9c4d8480b0b7ac7a.jpg

I spy with my little eye, some very lonley footers.

Image00010.jpg.d03051dc361865d962f42d5ea85b16cc.jpg

One non enclosed car remains all alone. If you listen closley you can hear him cry as all his enclosed friends have left him.

Image00011.jpg.6214da33868a4c7927cca72fa901dd74.jpg

This is the only major steelwork other then the station that remains.

Image00006.jpg.af9e7895691583a44ebdcd55eae58742.jpg

Work walls have gona up advertising the hotel.

Image00003.thumb.jpg.63a1e143dbe893ec2da55e3b116705ba.jpg

Imagine the comfort of a Lego bed!

Image00002.jpg.1bda3ee43e570ddcb5c1452e33a0f927.jpg

Conecpt art! Ohhhhh Ahhhhh!

Image00004.jpg.34aa650da7ffff316f3b207b495baf16.jpg

And finnaly you have now been told "Keep Out Until 2012! Unless you want the Lego Ninjas after you!

Well I'm not suprised it's gone, it wasn't ridding very well with the roofs on and you were prone to hitting your head. I would imagin it will end up in Florida.

As for the hotel I think this is a really smart idea by Legoland and should bring them some money in.

Colossus71 - I believe the application for the 2011 coaster is going ahead, the park actually semi confirmed this a while ago, weather full planning permission gets granted I dont know, but its definatly on their future plans, I also believe in 2011 or 2012, a sea life centre will be added too.

I was at the park saturday, it was weird not seeing Jungle Coaster in its spot, and overheard a few people wondering what happened to the ride, its a bit sad really, I know it was'nt the best ride ever, but losing any coaster is never good. The new pirate ship was ok and is quite nicely themed, however it didnt go particually high, and it was on a rather short setting, It was also playing up all day with lots of temporary brake downs, couldnt ride it on most occosions, and only managed 2 rides(1 of which was cut short because of a brake down)

The New Hotel will be good for the park I think, Its just good business sense and it seems every park wants one at the moment. Drayton manor Park has just started construction on theirs, and Thorpe will be getting theirs in 2012 too I believe. I definatly think the future looks bright for Legoland UK,Good luck to them

Colossus71 - I believe the application for the 2011 coaster is going ahead, the park actually semi confirmed this a while ago, weather full planning permission gets granted I dont know, but its definatly on their future plans, I also believe in 2011 or 2012, a sea life centre will be added too.

I was at the park saturday, it was weird not seeing Jungle Coaster in its spot, and overheard a few people wondering what happened to the ride, its a bit sad really, I know it was'nt the best ride ever, but losing any coaster is never good. The new pirate ship was ok and is quite nicely themed, however it didnt go particually high, and it was on a rather short setting, It was also playing up all day with lots of temporary brake downs, couldnt ride it on most occosions, and only managed 2 rides(1 of which was cut short because of a brake down)

The New Hotel will be good for the park I think, Its just good business sense and it seems every park wants one at the moment. Drayton manor Park has just started construction on theirs, and Thorpe will be getting theirs in 2012 too I believe. I definatly think the future looks bright for Legoland UK,Good luck to them

I know that removing any coaster is a sad outcome but I think Legoland are moving in the right direction with this. The Jungle Coaster was definitely in my top ten worst list. Having a fully themed Legoland hotel will be cool and hopefully a new coaster to go with it would get me to go back to Legoland Windosr at some point. On our last visit we were far from impressed with the very long wait times for what are often OK but not fantastic rides. They need to increase the number of rides they have to help keep the queue rides down. Their fastpass equivalent doesn't come cheap and I could be wrong but it seemed to be having a negative impact on really busy days - with it you could just get on rides with a reasonable wait; without it you had no chance which was really disadvantaging the majority of park attendees. We encountered lots of stressed and frustrated families unable to get on any ride without a long wait - you could feel the collective stress in the air which isn't a good feeling in a theme park.

On a positive note it shows how liked Legoland is - they simply need to find the investment to expand in line with it's customer base.

I think it would be a great idea to send this to LEGOLAND Florida, because it would not only provide a coaster, but it may be possible for the park to put non-enclosed cars back on the ride. I'd really hate for this to disapper, since I loved the Technic Coaster at LEGOLAND California.

When this first opened with the original open cars it was a fun OK coaster and a good addition to the park. When they 'updated' the cars it changed in to riding noisy plastic mobile greenhouses - must admit it was a unique ride experience but not in a good way. The track was fine; the problem was the cars. Moving it to Florida may not be a bad thing as it would provide the new park with another coaster but the key to this would be to re-introduce the original open cars or similar.

I OP this ride in California and from what i heard there plans are to move it to LegoLand Florida and return all of the cars back to its original state. Those in closed cars pretty much tore that ride to threads because the ride and the blocks were not made for all of that extra weight. Lets hope they can get it back up and running smooth like the one in california. The picture of were the jungle coaster ounce stood look so sad with the loan car

Just found on Legoland site.

Please note - the Jungle Coaster is on the move…..

It has been relocated to another LEGOLAND Park to make way for an exciting development – a brand new hotel offering families the ultimate sleepover destination.

In 2011 the Park plans to open a fantastic, groundbreaking attraction, unlike anything ever seen before at a LEGOLAND Park. Watch this space for more details….

Sounds exciting!