TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride for Camden Park, WV in 2010

Camdens webite mentions a new ride in 2010

For those of you who don't know, Camden Park is located in West Virginia. Being WV's only park, It is home to the 1950's Big Dipper and also a wooden Little Dipper. Even though a relatively small park, they have the typical old-school stuff like a Flying Scooter (new in 2006), Sky Ride, Ferris Wheel, Caterpillar (without a canvas), Sky Diver, Scrambler, Kite-Flyer, Spider, Whip, Paratrooper, an awesome Log Flume, Train, Swan Boats, Paratrooper, Carousel, Bumper Cars, Gravity-Propelled Dark Ride and a bunch of kiddie rides.

The park has a substantial amount of picnic pavilions and is home to an Indian Mound.

Another piece of noteworthy information is that The former Demon (Arrow Shuttle) from Kings Island used to operate here. It was removed around 2003 after being SBNO for a number of years.

Link: http://www.camdenpark.com/new.html

I hope its a Giga! But I'd be happy with a Yo-Yo or Disk-O

Edited by John Peck

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I may have to go back there sometime. Until this year, I went to Marshall University, which was down in Huntington. I only went to the park once, but they have some cool rides like a decently wet flume, two good woodies, flyers, and a coaster-haunted house thing.

I've wanted to make a trip here but it's a 6-hour trip from Richmond. I'll have to include it on a bigger trip with other parks like Beech Bend, Kings Island, and Holiday World!

That's a good idea to not make a 12 hour round trip just for Camden Park.

^and the 2nd best Whip in the United States. Camden's Whip and the one at Rye Playland will beat you up and take your lunch money.

Hrmm, if this option is chosen for the tour, that could be worth it alone. I thought the one at Rye Playland was going to kill me when our wheel came off the ground on every turn.

Redfoot is right, you would have to include this with a few other parks to make the drive worth it.

Camden is not all that far from Kings Island and Coney Island.

Their Rockin Tug, named "Camden Princess" is up on their Facebook Page now. It looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh . . . Yeah . . .

I was there last year and I must say that it's a great little park to visit if you got a few hours you want to kill. I definately love their little dipper coaster, loved it so much I rode it 5 times!

But they had an old ride that was packed up, the Skydiver. Lakemont park has a ride like that, but I cannot get on it; the restraints they use is more like a medieval toture device due to my massive chest. But Camden Park was getting rid of it and they were planning to put something else in its place. I was hoping for another coaster because the area looked like it could hold either a boomerage or a wild mouse coaster.

But instead, they get a Rocking Tub, an attraction I'm sure that will be fun for the whole family.

But before I go, I must tell you about the other rides the park has. The Big Dipper may not be the tallest, longest, or fastest coaster, but it still is a fun ride. The log flume is decent (not to mention wettest), and I love their bumper cars. Yessireebob, anyone who is a thill-seeker, a rider, or an amusement park flyer should visit this little park, because this little park offers BIG thrills (and they aren't paying me to say this).

"Are you finished typing this? Please come to bed; I'm waiting."

I haven't been in years. The last time I was there they still had the coaster that came from King's Island. I wouldn't say it was "big on thrills", it's more of just a small family park. It's kinda like a Beech Bend with older rides.

Oh . . . Yeah . . .

I was there last year and I must say that it's a great little park to visit if you got a few hours you want to kill. I definately love their little dipper coaster, loved it so much I rode it 5 times!

But before I go, I must tell you about the other rides the park has. The Big Dipper may not be the tallest, longest, or fastest coaster, but it still is a fun ride. The log flume is decent (not to mention wettest), and I love their bumper cars. Yessireebob, anyone who is a thill-seeker, a rider, or an amusement park flyer should visit this little park, because this little park offers BIG thrills (and they aren't paying me to say this).

Did they also serve you free alcohol? I think I must have stopped at a different Camden Park in 2007.