TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Movie/TV show would you like to see turned into a ride

I apologize if this sort of thread has been made before, I ran a search and couldn't find one.

Anyhow, what movie or TV show would you like to see turned into an amusmenet park ride, and what sort of ride?

Personally I'd love to see 2012 get turned into a ride. That oughta be a crazy ride fit for any high budget studio park.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, 2012 could be a spinner like Tornado and there can be massive effects.

Personally I would like to see a James Bond themed B&M (Invert or Hyper) it would be awesome. And in England because that is where it is made and also because we don't have many B&Ms in England. WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think that if there was a James Bond ride it would be beter if it was not a B&M. B&Ms lack the insanity that a ride like that would need, and the layouts are all pretty mcuh the same. I think that a ride based on something like James Bond would need to have a custom-tailored layout to match it's theming and effects.

But until one is built, there's always the Italian Job stunt tracks at American ex-paramount parks.

What about an Avatar themed Intamin wingrider flying on top of that giant red thing? Of course it would also work with a B&M flyer, but the red things a little too much like a dragon to make it not seem like Tatsu. Also, I am still waiting for a ratatouille themed wild mouse, but something like Scooby Do in Australia as opposed to a standard mouse. That would be awesome.

^^ Good one.

Jersey Shore: The Great Guido Fist Pumping Adventure (Soundtrack by DJ PaulyD)

A shooting dark ride with club scenes, fist pumping scenes, fighting scenes and hot tub scenes. Lots of music, lasers, lights and abs.

You would have to shoot the "hippos"(fat chicks) and face-punching losers throughout the ride.

Of course the ride is not family-friendly.

Jersey Shore: The Great Guido Fist Pumping Adventure (Soundtrack by DJ PaulyD)

A shooting dark ride with club scenes, fist pumping scenes, fighting scenes and hot tub scenes. Lots of music, lasers, lights and abs.

You would have to shoot the "hippos"(fat chicks) and face-punching losers throughout the ride.

Of course the ride is not family-friendly.

Agreed. The ride vehicles could be moving tanning beds. You could use the same trackless system they use on the Winnie the Pooh ride at Tokyo Disney. It be like actually being in a club! I think applied to "Skins" the ride would be even better, the shooting aspect could be deter the Skins gang from making poor choices. But seriously...

What about an Avatar themed Intamin wingrider flying on top of that giant red thing? Of course it would also work with a B&M flyer, but the red things a little too much like a dragon to make it not seem like Tatsu. Also, I am still waiting for a ratatouille themed wild mouse, but something like Scooby Do in Australia as opposed to a standard mouse. That would be awesome.

^^ Good one.

You just rattled off a great ride wish list. Im still pumped to see how the "Cars" ride at DCA turns out.

Most of the movies I've thought would be good rides have become a ride or will have a ride based on them opening in the near future. However, I've thought of a few that I'd still like to see:

1. Some type of James Bond roller coaster. I could see this going two was. Most likely, it would probably be some type of high speed coaster with plenty of twists and turns (a Maverick style ride would probably be perfect). However, it could also be something really simple, which wouldn't be nearly as good as its own attraction (for example, how about an SLC called "[insert Villian Here]'s Torture Device" or something along those lines).

2. Some type of Lord of the Rings attraction. Maybe it would use a ride concept similar to the new Harry Potter ride and recreate the journey of the one ring or something.

3. Something related to the Matrix, but I don't know what would be best. A number of things would work here fairly well.

Also, I could probably think of a number of rides/attractions based on stories I've written, but since nobody else has read them I don't think the ride concepts would make much sense.

I'm thinking of a simulator type of attraction driven by Dr. Drew Pinsky. Riders will have a rough time navigating the streets of L.A. as they try to catch up with a violent 1980's celebrity who just quit Celebrity Rehab: Sober Living.

Another idea is a dark ride based on the A & E show Hoarders: Buried Alive. Riders will enter vehicles which travel through a house with a nice exterior. On the inside, riders will quickly see the dead end as they are taken to a living room filled with everything you could imagine. Technology kicks in as the ride performs sideways, and backward movements to exit the building. While performing these movements, riders will encounter a kitchen with rotting food, and cluttered rooms. Effects will be used to present riders with the illusion that they will be buried alive in stuff.

If a Bioshock ride were ever made, I'd die of excitement. Maybe a walkthrough attraction?

I'm thinking something more along the line of The Mummy at Universal. The first half would be slow and meandering, letting you feel like you were in Rapture and enjoy the beauty, maybe like you were on a tour. Then you stumble across a Little Sister and her Big Daddy. Your train takes off as you try to evade the Big Daddy's wrath.

Another idea is a dark ride based on the A & E show Hoarders: Buried Alive. Riders will enter vehicles which travel through a house with a nice exterior. On the inside, riders will quickly see the dead end as they are taken to a living room filled with everything you could imagine. Technology kicks in as the ride performs sideways, and backward movements to exit the building. While performing these movements, riders will encounter a kitchen with rotting food, and cluttered rooms. Effects will be used to present riders with the illusion that they will be buried alive in stuff.

I know that was intended as a joke, but with the right effects, that could be a seriously kickass ride.

^ Absolutely!

A Hoarders theme would most likely not work, but there are plenty of possibilities.

On a side not, in early June I'm going to Kings Island. I am seriously bummed that I missed out on Tomb Raider, and I will have to settle for the Crypt. I have a feeling that the original Tomb Raider would have been one of my all time favorite themed attractions.

It seems like there is a lot that can be done with indoor themed flat rides, although I'm sure Tomb Raider was not the most cost efficient ride.